Here are the terms of their program at LS. The rest I leave up to you.

1. They pay 5% only on select items. All other items (total of 131) are 0%. Yes your heard right!
    2. Minimum treshold of $100.
    3. "0" Return Days.

Nice job from their side.

[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: Yikole ]

ABW Ambassador
    Yeccccch!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I really do feel that we need to give out 'AWorstWeb' awards to programs that are so completely lacking as to be insulting. It could be a clenched fist with thumb pointing down. Pick only one a year, let abestweb members vote. But that would be negative reinforcement, wouldn't it????

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hey give the merchant a chance he just got his first puter and AOL account. Reads a few articles on free or low cost advertising mentioning "affiliates" as instant traffic builders. The LS salesman reinforces his theory by pointing out from his sales manual all the new merchant hot points.
    1. Make the minimum 100.00 so you pay no commissions to 95% of your affiliates.
    2. Make the 5% jump through hoops with ZERO return days sucking off free traffic, bookmarks, branding and building non-commissionable e-mail marketing lists.
    3. Con them into thinking you pay 5% on sales but exclude your best sellers in the samll print. Post a 800# and be sure to turn off sales tracking during the peak holiday sales periods.

Moral of the pitch is you can guarantee for 2 years you'll never have to cut a commission check and just pay the minimum LS monthly fee. Look for this guy to migrate to CJ then the 3rd world network programs. If LS is listening ..refund this guys money and kick him off your network as a good PR move!!

Yes. I think its disgusting they do 0% on most items, especially the most popular items.

Disgusting.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

There has been some great feedback in this thread about the EBgames program that really helps to demonstrate the affiliate perspective to this merchant and others. I want you all to know that I have been sharing this feedback with my team, and that the person working with EBgames has been encouraging them to take your comments under advisement. Indeed, from what I've been told, EBgames is really taking a hard look at their program based on your feedback, so look for some good things to come from this program in the future!

Thanks,
    Sarah

elbowcreek,

How about a "Fickle Finger of Fate" award like they used to give out on Laugh-In? We could give it to the most rediculous excuse for an affiliate program.

However, we should have an opposite award to positively reinforce the programs that care about their affilites, and create really worthwhile programs.

Or we could have an annual awards program, like the Academy Awards with all kinds of different categories. Then once a year we could all vote on each category and Haiko could have a special section to post the winners! This would be a great way of saying thank you to the programs that treat us well, and also let others know that there programs are of value too.

We could create an Award that they can post on their Affiliate page at their website: VOTED AS A GREAT AFFILIATE PROGRAM by the affiliates at ABESTWEB ... with a link back to ABESTWEB. Good free advertising for Haiko.

Tracy

Thanks Sarah!

I think you're the only one in LinkShare working hard for us affiliates. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Please let us know if and when Ebgames changes their program in the future. Until then I will not continue to send them free traffic.

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: Yikole ]

I vote for Steve to let Sarah handle new merchant sales and remove the "hot points" I mentioned above from the sales pitch.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    This seems to be typical of most game sites.... I like www.funagain.com , but they give out 5% commission, and 0 day cookie duration as well. If one of them would just step up to the plate and give a decent incentive, we could sell the bejeezus outta them. They need an Andy (from TD) to step in and crank their truck.

Any updates on Ebgames?

What did you expect. They are not in the affiliate program to pay commissions..only advertise and generate free traffic. They will fold the program when the majority of duped affiliates appraoch minimums.Most all game site merchants and all the e-mail promotion ones are just frontends for e-mail list brokers feeding the spammers.

WebMaster Mike

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread