ABW Ambassador
    Anyone using Spencer gifts? I saw they had expanded their program by allowing IPL. However, the first one I tried (about 5 hours ago) is still redirecting to main homepage. Am sure I did it correctly. Anyone else?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The only way thta program can improve is if they fired their affiliate manager ..instituted 25.00 mimimum 60 day cookies and turned on their sales reporting tags.

ABW Ambassador
    Andy, how long did you give the product link before clicking it? Contrary to what the LS screen says about "test link here" (when you create the link), it can take up to an hour for the link to go directly to the product instead of defaulting to the front page.

I've had minimal (and I do mean *minimal*) success with Spencer's, but since they enabled product linking, I'm going to give them another chance until I see what the direct linking brings in.

Which means I have to get around to updating their links...

ABW Ambassador
    Cedric, when I first posted it was 5 hours since I put up the link. ried another 4 hours ago but that does not work yet either.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi perfectG,

Cedric is correct that product links may take up to an hour to direct appropriately, but it sounds like this is a separate issue. I don't have specifics yet, but I just mentioned your post to my team member who works with Spencer's, they let me know that our support team is investigating a similar issue for Spencer's product links. Why don't you email me the problematic link, and I'll do some more checking on my end.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Sarah
    It may be mine they are investigating as I e-mailed them earlier today about the problem.

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I had them up last year around Halloween (good season for them) with no luck. Tons of clicks and just one lonely sale. Looks like they need a longer cookie duration or people just like to look at their site w/out buying?

This program is one that helped me define my username at ABW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nothing at there web site in the way of bargains to keep shoppers from just buying the item at their local Mall outlet. Tired 3 year old banners and now they want to come up with more than 10 product links. Let them eat cake unless they post some serious conversion ratio under 100 clicks per sale. If not then they're just another FTD -Franklin Mint -Walmart type looser.

WebMaster Mike

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread