2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I have noticed that the "payment history" report show merchants have sent in their payments say on the 18th or 22nd. Often I receive the actual payment BEFORE anyone at LS updates the "payment report", which shows the actual date check was mailed. It sure would be nice if someone's job description included updating this payment report as they mail the checks so we can anticipate when the checks would arrive.

How long from time your receive the merchants money does it take to cut the checks?

Policy:If LinkShare Processes the Payments:
    Merchants are responsible for having their Accounting department issue a payment to LinkShare for the total amount of their approved affiliate payments. After LinkShare receives the payment in full and authorization to pay, we make the approved payments to affiliates. The checks will come from LinkShare, with a note stating the merchant and period that the check is for. If a merchant has approved a payment to you, the check number and payment date will be available in your Payment Report when the payment has been mailed. If you have not received a payment within 10 business days of the payment date (please allow 30 days for all foreign destinations), please contact LinkShare's Affiliate Payments Department. Note, the length of time it will take to receive your payments will vary merchant by merchant based upon their accounting cycle."

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Funny thing is, I just received a check that was in the payment report as having been mailed out on the 26th...The funny part? I received it on the 2tth and the check had been dated ONE WEEK prior. And even more interesting is that a whole batch of other checks that were supposedly mailed out that same day still have not arrived two days later.

You are absolutely correct, this sort of thing should not happen...The system should be updated when checks or cut, period. And equally important, a check should never sit around at linkshare for an entire week without being mailed!

Must have something to do with the trained Gerbal who licks the envelopes (see above post) not being able to get up his small ladder to drop them in the mail box slot. Often he just leaves them at the side of the box and hopes a passerby or mailman notices them and places them in the box. The Gerbal is now taking data entry classes so he can learn to update the payment reports.

LS must have learned that I use my Parrot for all typing ..and just dictate these posts.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi -

I am curious about what I'm hearing here and I want to make sure I understand. We update the 'Merchant Payment History' report when we receive payment from a merchant. It typically takes 10 business days for us to distribute a merchant's payment to affiliates. Your individual 'Payment Report' information is updated with the check number, etc. when we mail your check. If you have had an experience where this is not the case, please send me a message on what happened and I'll investigate.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Sarah, I cannot understand how I could receive a check that stated it was mailed that VERY same day.

Obviously this means somewhere, someone is not doing their job...at least not when they should...

Sarah..the last few months the history report was accurately showing when you received the merchant payments. But when I received the checks the payment report still showed "awaiting payment" as the status for that merchant. The payment report was never updated during that active month. The "mailed" dates shown required going back one month and were off by at least a week. We all look at the payment report to anticipate when we'll receive the checks for the prior months.

Nothing makes an affiliate happier than seeing a LS merchant has cut their check on time and spurs them to place up more links to that merchant. You know how we feel when you pick up your paycheck right on time.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It typically takes 10 business days for us to distribute a merchant's payment to affiliates. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is this? .. Andy at Tiger Direct ... Recently had Befree release checks in like 48 hours after payment received. Why can't LS expidite checks faster?

Dave

Hi Mike,

Can you please send me a specific example - it would be helpful for me to know the merchant, the month, date indicated in the Payment Report, and when you actually recieved the check.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Come on Sarah. How many people at LS get involved in mailing out merchant checks now that the Gerbil has been retired. Check the Overstock reports (May-June cycle my payment received date of mailing), or better yet make sure the job description requires the entry be made the day the checks are sent. We are jumping on Linkshare because your not policing commission collections with threats to cut off banner serving if not paid right on time. Give the merchants an inch and they'll take a mile as most treat this as an 3rd level advertising expense...not affiliate pay checks.

WebMaster Mike

Hi Mike,

I double-checked with my accounting team on our procedure for recording the receipt and disbursement of affiliate commission payments. Our policy is to enter the date your check is sent in the Payment Report.

I checked out a Payment Report in one of your affiliate accounts to review the dates for your May/June Overstock commission payments - both cite 8/9/02 as the date. Are you saying that the 8/9/02 is wrong because you received your checks on/before that date *or* because that date was posted after you had already received your check?

Thanks,
    Sarah

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread