ABW Ambassador
    I've been having a bear of time with ICE.com links for some time. First, it was product links (which I'm guessing still don't work, but I haven't tested lately). Now, it's coupon text links.

The standard LS link includes something like:

&offerid=12345.10000012

But at ICE (creating links tonight, old links are "okay"... save but for some garbled junk that occasionally shows up on the ice.com homepage and looks like leftover link junk... anyway), new links look like:

&offerid=.10000012

And generate a "Error : -Invalid Offer ,Please contact site owner about this!" message.

I'm just about done with these guys.

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    After you run some stats to see their last 12 months conversion ratios, like I did, you'll definitely reconsider showcasing them. Jump to Mondera (high end) and Overstock jewelry discounted items since none of the other LS jewelry merchants seem to convert. HINT: don't waste your time and traffic on Ashford at BeFree either.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    sigh... Mike, I know you love tarting up threads with your little "doesn't convert" rants, but I'm trying to get some assistance on a technical issue, not conversion problems.

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Cedric,

It appears that you probably retrieved the code from ICE.com's private gateway. The link you posted is missing an important piece of the code. I just reviewed the links ICE.com has available at their gateway and it appears that the code is now correct and complete again. There may have been a temporary glitch on the merchant end that did not properly code this information initially. LinkShare recommends that you always used the code provided within your affiliate interface, as it is the only way we can ensure that you receive accurate tracking code.

Best,
    Sarah

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    There you go Cedrick you got your technical question answered. Your using the non monitored flaky interface to get your links direct from the merchant. Also be careful with ICE affiliate coded e-mail flyers having a Affiliate Id# other than your own. I pasted some of those on one occassion to many web pages only to find out later they'd never credit me with any referral sales.

A mature affiliate like you needs no advice from me on converting merchants. My comments are for the other 5000 here who are seeking merchants who can convert on limited traffic. Ice.com and the others I mentioned couldn't record one sale in 12 months of traffic from my 2 jewelry related sites. I'm sure you have the secret sauce. Notice how Sarah wouldn't mention or challenge my observations since they obviously ring true when she looks at Ice's conversion stats.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    >>LinkShare recommends that you always used the code provided within your affiliate interface, as it is the only way we can ensure that you receive accurate tracking code.<<

Will do from here on out, without question.

>>My comments are for the other 5000 here who are seeking merchants who can convert on limited traffic.<<

One problem is, Mike, your list of dud merchants is not everyone's list. Every time you list your duds, the ones that have crossed my path convert just fine. Very few exceptions.

So I hope the "newbies" don't take one affiliate's word that a merchant is a dud.

The other problem is, you have absolutely no clue how I intend to use ICE and your assumptions have led you down a path to providing totally irrelevant information.

(which is not say that ICE is or isn't a dud. at this point all I know is they're a major PITA.)

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread