ABW Ambassador
    First, my apologies, I know there is a current similar thread Here.

However, I just received in the mail the an envelope from the USPS with the return address:

USPS
    Found loose in the mails at
    8888 XXXXX Dr.
    XXXXXX, YY 99999-9999

My first thought prior to opening: "hmm. linkshare check.."

Inside a slightly dirty buy.com commission check and a note from the USPS explaining the situation.

PLEASE remedy this!

ABW Ambassador
    This is one thing which really sucks about the window envelopes - If the contents, which contain the address, are lost - you never get the envelope. At least with a normal envelope with an address on it, if the check/contents inside were lost, you'd at least get an empty envelope and know something was wrong... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    This is putting a new twist on the Old "your checks in the mail". We'll now have to put up with a new version "your checks still in the mail"...but we have the envelope. LS has serviced the licking machine and hired a new gal called Monica as a backup. She agreed to take the retired gerbil and give it a great home so all is well.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    LOL, Mike [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm off affiliate depression medication so my humor sometimes shows through.

WebMaster Mike

I just received a LS check that fell out of the envelope in my mailbox. Must have been a pre-Monica check. My gripe is the blank tear-off stub.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ROTFLMAO Mike. I got a good laugh here and in the other thread. Guess they better hire back the dog to lick the envelopes and put the gerbil back on the wheel to get the Pitney Bowes machine running. Problem is I heard they got a better offer from BF [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

{

Stuff that makes me go, "huh?"

LOL dudes!

Sarah please tell Steve M to make sure doggie is well enough hydrated that he doesn't run out of saliva before he runs out of envelopes. Get him one of these : Petmate Fresh Flow Purifying Pet Fountain

{

Sure hope Sarah's team protected the gerbil after management decided to "retire" him. Sounds so final and fatal if they sent him off to the envelope glue factory. Now the Petfoodsdirect water purifyier drinking bowl would be a welcomed addition to the LS office for Steve's dog. Haiko and the ABW folks should take up a collection and get him/her one of these in case of emergency backup requirements. Monica can get her own bowl and usually schedules her "nail day" when it's her turn to watch the Pitney Bowles mailing machine.

WebMaster Mike

Mike - one of my LS moles informed me that the gerbil was sent to Vocational Rehab and is now running the wheel that powers the Pitney Bowes machine.

{

Amazing what can be recycled from the now defunct Pets.com leftovers. Hope they don't issue sock puppets to the support staff so they can pretend their addressing their weiners rather than their own hand. Wouldn't it just be like corporate America to pick on the lowest on the totum pole ( the gerbil) and send them into a rehab. program after shattering their well documented fragil egos. Next they'll be bronzing his image and giving it out as the "Employee Butt Joke Award of the Month" or worse..serving him up in the employee lunchroom!

WebMaster Mike

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on August 31, 2002 at 03:10 PM.]

The Pitney Bowles serviceman agreed with the rest of the staff all pointing fingers at the Gerbil. In the process of getting the Gerbil to confess he was drinking out of the mailing machines water supply container he accidently slid all the way into the fryer. Triva questions of the day: What country considers this a treasured dish and does this get covered by the companies key-man insurance?

WebMaster Mike

I received a check with a Post Office label on it, sealing the envelope, noting that it had arrived at their station unsealed.

The mailing machine is working fine now. Got an Overstock check yesterday and not only was the envelope sealed ..part of the check inside was glued to the envelope.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    That is too funny - at least they take care of things...even if it is a bit vigorous :-)

I received my checks sealed a few days ago - although makes me wonder...I don't keep track enough to know if one is missing?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Maria at ItsRainingBargains.com

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread