I have a single link from CJ and a single link from LS on a page on my site.

Consistently, the impressions statistic do not match - not even close - we're talking about 30-40% difference.

I've checked and re-checked making sure the IMG tags are both there correctly....

Barring any timezone differences between the two - surely the impression count at the end of each month should be close (or the same).

So what is going on? Whose servers are lying? If you can't trust the impression stats can you trust the sale/lead stats?

Anyone noticed anything like this?

J.

Outsourced Program Manager
    The impressions are tracked through LinkShare (as I understand it, Sarah correct me if I am wrong), but sales are tracked from the Merchant. I actually don't follow impressions to closely as clicks and sales, ultimately sales, is what I am looking for.

So you ask if sales numbers are trustworthy and I say yes. I would put as much trust into those numbers as you have in the merchant. Linkshare only reports what the merchant reports.

Jamie Birch
    Affiliate and Partner Programs Manager
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Jimster,

How LinkShare tracks impressions is based on who serves the merchant's images. If LinkShare serves the merchant's image, then we track the impression when that image is pulled from our server. If the merchant, or another third party, serves that merchant's images, then we use a 1x1 pixel to track the impression - if that pixel is altered or removed in your LinkShare linking code, then we cannot accurately track impression activity.

That being said, all impression activity is compiled each night and will be reflected in your reports the following day. LinkShare's day is based on GMT, and all impressions that occur before 8pm EST for a given day will be reflected by 5amEST the following day. Click-through activity is compiled in the same manner.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks for the thorough reply. Impressions are an important statistic as they allow us to see the success (i.e. click thru rate) of a particular link, text or banner.

Its a mystery as to why the impression count is different between CJ and LS, I've checked and re-checked to make sure the 1x1 is correctly there.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Regards,

jim

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread