Or am I just having a bad stretch at Linkshare? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Maria at ItsRainingBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    The ones that always convert are still converting for me.

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

ABW Ambassador
    It's as bad as ever for me.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I watch Overstock stats to see if Linkshare is catching the sales. If Overstock at 55/1 stops reporting the rest too are suspect.

WebMaster Mike

There is no way for affiliates to determine if a merchant has reported Sales data to LS by reviewing the LS reports. (if you show 0 sales)

It has been requested that LS include the Date/Time that the merchant Last reported Sales data. Sarah was made aware of this shortcoming, but I haven't seen this data in LS Reports yet.

With this added sales info field, affiliates could determine if it is a sales slowdown, or a data reporting/processing problem.

Jim in Texas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Patriot, Army Type, One Each...
    USA - This We'll Defend

Often the clueless AM's at Linkshare upload their sales data ( seperate from impressions and clicks) and their data gets corrupted or not properly interfaced to the LS reports. They assume all went well and never even bother to spot check a few affiliate accounts to see if they show the sales. No report comes back to them showing the sales records have been sucessfully added.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Once again, the almighty Webmaster Mike speaks and total BS eminates from his facial oriface. You have made these claims for years Mike, and yet I would venture a guess that you have less clue as to how the reporting actually works on the merchant side than many newbies. That is because you are not only a simpleton with little to actually say other than to readily admit that your site doesn't convert; but, you are also technically inadequate, regardless of your professions otherwise.

In my humble opinion, I say prove yourself or shut the hell up. As you have readily accused me in the past, you provide nothing with a modicum of positive reinforcement to these boards, and I for one would be more than happy should you simply disappear further into your trailer (home).

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

Nice troll Obstinatedon. I'm not biting today, so off to Revenews.com for you to hang out with the other 5 posters there trying to push their DuperAffiliate programs on merchants. Never knew I was putting such a dent in your prospect file.

WebMaster Mike

Outsourced Program Manager
    Our reports are showing great sales and conversion for Sept. There doesn't appear to be any problems with LinkShare tracking. I reconcile what we send them with what they post every day and it looks 100% ok. We are actually converting better then last month and last month was a best ever month.

Jamie Birch
    Affiliate and Partner Programs Manager
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

Jamie;
    You as a merchant at LS know the hidden steps to get your sales to show up in our affiliate reports. This obviously is not a real time situation like impressions and clicks. Please explain the process of how you take shopping cart sales from your server and audit them and upload to LS. We have seen posts here that merchants have notified affiliates that didn't report sales for a period of time due to LS network interface problems digesting their data.

WebMaster Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by itsrainingbargains.com:
    Or am I just having a bad stretch at Linkshare?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maria,

I'm getting the same bad reports you are. I've booked one sale for a 63 cent commission month-to-date, from a company that was generating sales every day last month.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Yeah, my LS sales have dropped off the scale, too. Actually, it's been pretty lame all around for me this month so far, but really surprised at the lack of bites at a couple of my normally decent LS merchants.

J

He He

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>________
    Once again, the almighty Webmaster Mike speaks and total BS eminates from his facial oriface...You have less clue as to how the reporting actually works on the merchant side than many newbies... You are not only a simpleton...But, you are also technically inadequate
    ________ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Man, Thank You. I thought MY unloading was rude but you showed me what RUDE was!

I am not worthy.

BTW, "Webmaster Mike" provides interesting insight, in my opinion.

Please Blast this Post with your fires from hell, por favor.

Doc

"I spent most of my money on
    Gambling, Whiskey and Women.
    The rest I just wasted."

Dr-Fix-It!

Something strange seems to be going on. I finally booked my second sale, for a 62 cent commission at LS this month. Meanwhile, CJ and Performics are way up compared to last month. This does not compute.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

I am constantly comparing LS, PF, CJ and BF. CJ is on fire this month, PF is doing about average, and LS is performing for crap!! (I am phasing BF out.) My conversion rate on LS is down 50% versus last month and the total commissions are down closer to 75%. This is weird because two months ago LS was my top performer.

Anyway, those are just the results I'm seeing. Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem. I expected Labor Day weekend to be slow but we should be seeing a pickup now!

Mike,

It is a pretty simple process. Some of it is proprietary and restricted information, so I will be as detailed as allowed.

When a customers comes through an affiliate link, their identified as an affiliate customer and entered into a affiliate database.. When an order is place by them, that order info is then added to that record. At the end of the day all the orders in that database are compiled and sent to LinkShare.

All the standard fraud and other checks are worked through just like any other order.

No cookies are involved with LS. I can't get entirely too detailed, but hopefully that helps.

As far as conversion go, man this month is awesome. Have those of you who are having bad times with LS this month Coldwater Creek affiliates? I would venture to guess that it isnt so much the network you are with as much as the merchant you are with. It isn't LS's fault that a merchant isn't converting, but it is the merchants.

Jamie Birch
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

That clears up the sales reporting process Jamie. This means if something goes "bump in the night" ..He Haw.. you can reload the sales data later, since the database files are date sensitive.

WebMaster Mike

That is correct. If there is something wrong, either at LS or at the merchant site, you will be able to resend any day's transactions to ensure they are accounted for.

Jamie Birch
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

Guess we lost Obstinatedon on the intelligent/clarifying parts of this subject. He does write well and uses big words ..though.

WebMaster Mike

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread