Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    We were due our first check from them back in May and it is now September with no payment still. I have contacted their affiliate email address and two months ago the check was "being cut"...

Anyone else have any experience with them?

I have a pretty fat check due from PFD. I sent several emails to JR, funny, he used to be very responsive but now he is silent! PFD has always been a slow payer, I hope they did not just quit the habit! I'll try to call if I can find his #.

- BluesX

---------------
    Affiliate Marketing is built upon honesty. Tracking is not affected.

ABW Ambassador
    BluesX - Yes I am a little concerned myself. Here is the number:

PHONE: 215-699-4535, x105

I was told checks were being cut for May right around 7/16 which is now creepking on two months.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Survey Man,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This merchant handles affiliate payments directly, rather than using LinkShare to distribute affiliate payments. I have notified my team to investigate the status of this merchant's affiliate payments, and will let you know as I have further information.

Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    and tonight...

{*}Pet Food Direct

hmmm...

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

ABW Ambassador
    argh!

whats the deal..i cant find PFD anywhere in LS...maybe i have the glass eye in...i'm tired .. my link to them is still working

ABW Ambassador
    Wow! We speak and the merchant is deactivated already. I wonder what the good word is?

They are listed as {*}Pet Food Direct on my account this morning, too but they are NOT listed in any of my Merchant Status reports as being deactivated or on hold. My links also still work.

So does this mean that they are "partially deactivated" in that they can still sell from our links but commissions won't be recorded?
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Even if you can sell product through your links -- what difference does it really make if we cannot get payment since before May?

Anyone have an update?

They've always been slow with payments, but now I'm about $250 in the hole with them, beginning with May earnings and later. They've always been a decent converter and have eventually paid, I'm suprised they've let themselves get into this mess.

ABW Ambassador
    Well...I just did their non commission report. Holly Cow....I had 16 in August alone, they were being deleted anyhow,

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

The {*} has been removed from PetFoodDirect's name and their links are listed again in the "Create Links" section.

Sarah,

Can you shed any light on this situation? Do you know if they are sending out checks? I'm afraid to re-post their links, since I'm already owed a few hundred bucks by them since May...

Thanks.

Hi All,

Apologies for the confusion. Due to miscommunication, the merchant's program was inadvertently terminated. We are, however, actively working with the merchant to determine the status of affiliate payments.

Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    I for one, would not risk putting them up until this is resolved.

Either they are planning to pay, or they are not. There is no real in between folks.

Sarah, please do let us know if they decide to do the right thing. Thanks for your help on this too.

Thank you everyone for this thread. I had just become affiliated with them and put up some links. Now I can take them down before there are any serious sales made.

"Then join hand in hand brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall." - John Dickinson, 1768

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

Looks like Pet Food Direct has the * next to it again and has been added to the deactivated merchants listing. I guess there's another few hundred dollars of expected LS merchant receivables to write off...

I know its gotten much better from a couple of years ago, but LS merchant commission write-offs are still several times higher than everyone else I work with combined, and they're only a small pecentage of my merchants! It's very frustrating, I guess its an extension of the 95/5 rule (95% of your write-offs will come from 5% of your merchants)...

I must add (I realized after I posted previously) that there are many good LS merchant who do pay timely and convert extremely well! The annoyance with the larger number of LS merchants that disappear owing money over other networks or self-run programs is still limited to a select few of the merchants, and certainly a small percentage of my overall LS merchant base. Its just frustrating that there are any at all, especially when many of these merchants who don't pay are still in business, and it can take months, if ever, and hours upon hours of time to finally collect from them!

ABW Ambassador
    Has anybody heard anything? Is the deactivation permanent, or is it another one-day deal like last time?

I, too, was getting ready to put up some of their links. This sounds like a company I don't want on my site - not worth the trouble.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LinkShare Moderator:
    Hi All,

Apologies for the confusion. Due to miscommunication, the merchant's program was inadvertently terminated. We are, however, actively working with the merchant to determine the status of affiliate payments.

Sarah<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their links are still inactive. Should I pull down their site or not??

Hi All,

Again, my apologies for confusion. At this time, the merchant's program has been terminated due to outstanding affiliate payments, and all their links should be removed from your site. We are working to retrieve outstanding payment due to affiliates.

Sarah

Thanks Sarah. Anything you can do from your end to get them to send payments would be extrememly helpful. Its too bad this had to happen, they've been a pretty good merchant for the past couple of years, even though they always paid late, they always did pay eventually.

From the sounds of it, Linkshare should have stepped in a LONG time ago.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

I just pulled off All of their links from my site. Goodbye Petfooddirect!

I doubt we will ever see payment from them. Yes, Linkshare should take better care of these kind of merchants.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast