ABW Ambassador
    We were due a commission check from them way back in May and the program got "temporarily de-activated" and is still that way and it is now September. Payment has not been received.

Anyone else in this boat and if so any resolutions?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sure cure is for us to pool our back commissions and buy their domain name. Then run the site to sell flowers and everything associated with them. With a domain name like Flowers.com, and a browser address bar, we wouldn't even have to have a affiliate program. It's not like they would get confused with a NASCAR or Wrestling site.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, that would interesting for sure. It does have the brand name and ease of finding.

FWIW, I have always supported the 1800Flowers program because their AM Prakash is really in-tune with members and the industry and does much to make sure it is the best it can be.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    I agree 800 Flowers is pretty much top of the pack in this industry...

Now to get our money from flowers.com...?

ABW Ambassador
    Sarah - how about some clarification on Flowers.com and their payment to merchants. They just disapppeared one day off the map...no communication from them or linkshare (other than the fact that they were de-activated).

Please advise so we may know how to proceed with collection. Thanks so much.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Haiko's right as usual in that the 1-800-flowers program is a good one. Seems Flowers.com when the way of Martha Stewart ..no notice ..just gone with the wind. Of course she gets more FREE advertising and media attention nowadays than her affiliate program ever generated.

WebMaster Mike

Just to be clear, I think we are talking about http://www.flower.com (no 's'), since http://www.flowers.com (with the 's') already redirects to the 1-800-Flowers website.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, Lansing, that is correct.

Boy the fact that these two are so close is interesting in and of itself.

The problem with 800flowers just like 1-800-contacts is that the name is also a phone number. This isn't a major problem, but if deciding between two merchants I'd certainly stay away from the one who has their phone number in their domain name. Dave

Why do you feel this way Organic? Just wondering - afterall, you are a lawyer and your above post because of that got my attention.

http://www.drycarpet.com
    Thousands of happy users

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Survey Man,

The Flower.com program has been terminated due to outstanding affiliate payments. The merchant is currently in our Collections department and we are working to retrieve outstanding payment due to their affiliates.

Sarah

Okay - i now understand what Organic meant. And, i agree completely. if my company, for example, worked with affiliates and they promoted 1800drycarpet.com, affiates could be short-changed with respect to tracking affiliate-generated sales. did i get that right? anyone?

http://www.drycarpet.com
    Thousands of happy users

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> With a domain name like Flower.com, and a browser address bar, we wouldn't even have to have a affiliate program.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...which is the main reason I never bothered looking at the affiliate program.

Missoula - Short Stories

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread