From my observations, it takes around 4 or 5 days before people put down the cash for high-ticket golf items, like clubs. So when a golf merchant announces that cookie duration is going to drop from 30 days to 3 days, I can't help but be suspicious.

They are, however, raising the commission from 5% to 7% if you make more than $1k in sales.

It'll be interesting to see how that works out overall.

But I still ask the question affiliates have asked so many times before...

Is there any reason to reduce cookie duration, other than to reduce payments to affiliates?

I'm hoping their logic is that affilite payments will stay the same (higher % and lower cookie duration balancing out), but having a 5-7% commission looks better than 5% when attracting new affiliates.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    We give them the ABW "Lame Merchant Move of the Month" award. Next comes the please refrain from bidding on SE trademarks and branded merchandise form e-mail. My suggestion is for someone in their management to fire their looser AM and get someone running their program to produce sales off of clicks and start cutting some affiliate checks. The Linkshare moderator need to immediately send out a news flash to all their merchants stating the negative PR they'll receive from some pencil pushing move to negate commission payouts like reducing cookie days or commissions. These merchants live in a vacuum or can't afford anything beyond basic network fees since their sites don't sell..

WebMaster Mike

>since their sites don't sell..

In TGW's case, this is true. I am getting ridiculously low CR from a ridiculously high # of clicks! I would rather have 30 days AND7% [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

- BluesX

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I would rather have 30 days AND 7%<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that is a very fine suggestion...

Anyone have commission payment problems with TWG?
    TWG "forgot" to send the May '02 Merchant Payment
    to Linkshare. I am just getting my commission payment for May after having to remind TWG to send it in.
    Question: Where was Linkshare? Why did they let it slide? Is Linkshare Affiliate oriented?

Muffin

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All - I've asked my team member who works with this merchant to ensure that they are aware of this feedback on their program.

Muffin - was the information I sent you about this issue helpful?

Thanks,
    Sarah

Looking at the advertiser details, it seems they're retaining the old offer for another year after all (30 return days at 5%), and leaving the new offer (3 days at 5-7%) as an option. This would suggest they've listened, which is great. But they didn't send any notice out about this, so maybe it was an accident, and they just forgot to cancel the old offer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by MJCB on September 17, 2002 at 06:34 AM.]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread