2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Seems like all my e-mails and some lurking here has gotten some action from WalMart. They sent their program changes along with a CHECK for back commissions. Nice attention getting move.

New..Individual product links and a datafeed for over 1 million items. Payment from Linkshare with 10.00 minimum. New banner and text creatives for sub section landing pages like Electronics, TOYs ( move over KbToys) video games, home accessories and 500,000 books. So now we can bypass their poor conversions and land on specific hot sellers.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    >>( move over KbToys)

Looking at their pay rate -- 7% on toys (KB is 5%).

Thanks for the update, Mike... I think I have to go sign-up for Walmart.

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

ABW Ambassador
    I signed up with them awhile back but when i started reading this board i never put any links up. I just checked on them again, things are looking good, like Mike said. $10 monthly minimum, almost 200 banners, and all kinds of product links. Time to start adding them again.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

If Mike says something nice about them, then they have to be doing something right. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

Walmart won't convert until they make the shipping FREE and charge no sales tax. At this moment, it is a ripoff to buy online from Walmart.com as there's one big Walmart store near everyone.

If and When Walmart.com offers Free Shipping, they are likely to take a HUGE piece from the online sales pie.

Very expensive shipping + Sales tax AND Not one customer discount offered for online purchases? Hard to sell.

- BluesX

---------------
    Affiliate Marketing is built upon honesty. Tracking is not affected.

Lol Michael,

Mike, I got a check too this weekend. Shocked me to see who it was from since it was from last year. I might give them a little exposure but I agree with Blues. I did a little shopping there last Christmas and when I got to the checkout and seen the Shipping and handling charges I almost said I'll just go 2 minutes down the road and go to the Walmart store. Their shipping charges are crazy. If they were to run some specials they would probably convert pretty good but I have a feeling alot of visitors get to the final checkout phase and see how much shipping is and just abandon their cart.

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

I dunno Pack. Having been in line at Walmart at Xmastime (when not all of the registers were open--WTF?), I and probably all of the other folks there would have gladly paid shipping charges. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    hmmmm...

I may have hit that application button a little early.

I just did a comparison of one particular (and popular) line of toys that I promote. Walmart has 3 products in the line. KBToys has 30+. Shipping on similar items -- Walmart, $6.99; KBToys, $3.99.

hmmmm...

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

Clickcheck,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I dunno Pack. Having been in line at Walmart at Xmastime (when not all of the registers were open--WTF?), I and probably all of the other folks there would have gladly paid shipping charges. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I for one agree with you. I'm usually more than willing to pay the extra to avoid it but I think the S & H does scare quite a few people away. I personally hate to shop period. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Jeeez, do they ever have more than 5 registers open at a time. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

ABW Ambassador
    Lowering shipping charges?

But the primary goal of the site is to show the every day low prices at Wal-Mart. You can window shop the online catalog and come into the local Wal-Mart supercenter and pick up a cabbage and cheese in the same trip.

This is problem with all brick to click shops. The brick store is the primary channel.

Missoula - Short Stories

I agree entirely with what you said yintercept. That was why Walmart always sucked for conversions as the site was for window shopping rather then the expense of a mailed paper catalog. I have bashed them for years praying for a change of affiliate management firms handling their LS account. The change must have come due to the better creatives- subcategory landing pages -product links and LS payments.

The only way around the traps for inflated shipping is if they institute actual destination freight costs ( without tacking on the 50% handling fee) or do what I recommended to them 2 years ago... Order online with option to pickup at local store customer pickup desk when it arrives. The sales tax issue cannot be circumvented since they have physical stores in all states.

Hey it was offered as a alternate merchant suggestion to the likes of KBtoys and a way to get them here and listen to their affiliates.

WebMaster Mike

Hit that join button a bit early myself -

Walmart is another Morpheus merchant. Save your energy.

{

"Laziness, Impatience, Hubris. Pick any three" ~ YAPC 19100

I agree totally with you Eaglefire. No since in placing a lot of effort in promotingg a Morpheus/Buyersport merchant when that parasite, with 115 million users, just hijacks our Walmart click traffic.

WebMaster Mike

I got a request to join them and my husband and I got a good laugh out of that one! They are bad about just packing up their buyers things and having them at the front desk when they arrive at work. No notice or nothing. I know, I worked for the wholesale division for about 18 months 12 years ago when Sam was alive. They even had someone do a research on the company then to see if it would survive after his demise. And one of the top men spent a whole lot of clams for a house on a hilltop, his perks are about a mill a year, and he got in trouble because of what the other peons would think with them just getting minimum wage. Plus, they have 3 hour brainwashing sessions of making you watch nothing but WalMart commercials. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Walmart have sent their August payments. Kudos to Walmart [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It should also be noted that they offer a big fat O day cookie duration! Has anyone had any luck with this wonderful offering, I know I haven't?

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

LOL ...""Merchant with no cookie get no clicky" =Clicks4Nut'n

WebMaster Mike

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread