I still haven't received payment for commissions earned in July. I thought that Premium Partner status meant that they pay up on time.

The Payment Status still says "LinkShare Awaiting Merchant Payment". Now the August payment period says that too...

I promote this company on the understanding that they pay up on time. How often does Linkshare review its Premium Partner awards?

Just trying to make an honest buck

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Buggy,

Can you please let me know which merchant is involved so that I may go back to my team and investigate.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Sure Sarah,

This particular culprit is Gigagolf.com

Thank you,
    Buggy

Yeah, it's ironic that I've already received the July check from The Golf Warehouse, who are not a premium partner but am still waiting for GigaGolf's check.

FYI, I believe that GigaGolf has a new affiliate manager. Not that its an excuse for a late payment, however, GigaGolf has always been good about timely payments, so this transition might explain why this particular month is a bit late.

However, I do agree, somewhat, about the premium partner status. We've had a couple that we're labeled as such, and they ended up not paying for months before their account was finally shut down, and we never received a penny. MusicalInstruments was one such culprit, and I believe (though I'm not 100% sure that they were "Premium") that InkToday was another that screwed us royally. Most of the Premium Partners do pay timely, but this labeling certainly doesn't provide any specific assurances to affiliates in terms of getting paid.

For the record, the July GigaGolf check arrived today.

I'm off to take it down the bank. It's too small to go on its own. (The old jokes are still the best.)

Check arrived this morning [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info wtjpm. Gigagolf have always paid me on time before, that's why I noticed the late payment this time. I'm a little bit wary ever since I was stung for over $3,000 by chipshot.com

I wish the new affiliate manager luck. Hopefully, one of his first tasks will be to enable individual product linking [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I got wacked by ChipShot for 9 months worht of sales too. LS has cleaned up their act since those dismal days. GigaGolf has always been a consistant performer and do send out the payments.

Consolidation would sure help these merchants generate more affiliate showcasing efforts. Hard to get those checks flowing when you have to generate about 1200.00 in non-minimum commissions to start seeing regular checks from those who convert at a slow rate.

WebMaster Mike

Hi all,

First, I'd like to introduce myself as the new Affiliate Manager at GigaGolf.

That being said, I'll clear up how our payments go. We get billed from LinkShare right around a week after the month ends (give or take a couple of days). We typically cut the check to LinkShare around the 15th and it takes them about 10 days to process it.

At this time, I'm not sure why the July payment was so late (I started at the beginning of September). I do know that the August payment has been sent to LinkShare and they should have received it about a week ago, I'm dealing with our account rep as to the status of that. Hopefully checks will be arriving very soon for you all. On a positive note, we just cut the check for September payments.

On an even more positive note, there are now individual product links available.

As I'm fairly new in this position, I'm open to comments and suggestions on how we can improve our affiliate program for everyone.

Feel free to e-mail me at: mwolinski@gigagolf.com

Mark Wolinski
    GigaGolf, Inc.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome Mark and hopefully your learn from OverStock -Coldwater Creek and TigerDirect how to bury your competition. I personally removed all TGM.com links for setting up a MOUSE TRAP script to capture all Linkshare coded traffic by disabling the browser back button. If you have individual products and are working on DHTML auto-update links then you get my golfing visitors as long as you stay parasite free..

WebMaster Mike

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread