I got this message from an advertiser

quote:
    We have been working with CJ for the past 6 weeks to get the feed up and working correctly and it is FINALLY working.
    You can go to our product catalog link, and you will find all our products listed.

I don't know where this "product catalog link" where all the products are listed is. The only thing I can find is just a link to their home page. Do you need to buy the CJ data feed for it to work first or is this something else?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

I'd guess they're talking about getting their product feed into the CJ system, not getting a datafeed to you... if this is the case they are probably referring to their 'product links' in CJ - you know, where you get the choice of general links + product links.

Huh... They have thousands of products and building links from that stupid list of product links just is impossible time wise. I have figured a way to do it by lifting the links off their page and adjusting the code from there but still every link has to be copied and replaced by hand. Absurd.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

You know that, I know that, they think the list of 1000's of individual product links that will be out of stock or pointing at the wrong URL by the time you add them to your site is useful.
    Are you close to getting free access to the CJ feed? Once you get access it's very flexible - you can request more merchants via ask a question and of course no more hand coding those horrible product links.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    I don't know where this "product catalog link" where all the products are listed is. The only thing I can find is just a link to their home page. Do you need to buy the CJ data feed for it to work first or is this something else?

How it goes with that is, when they upload their (regular) product links, those links also become available in the CJ data feed.

So when they got their "feed up and working correctly" both things happened. But I think the "product catalog link" is just the link to their product links! As far as I know, there isn't a link at CJ you can just click and get a mini-feed.

Unless they're going to offer their feed outside the network (like a few merchants here at ABW do), that is. If they do, you'll need to contact them to get the info.

~Revenue is King

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Ssanf,

I think I can clarify. I offer a free private datafeed and a CJ for Irv's Luggage.

If your merchant has successfully uploaded their feed and it is active then - instead choosing "get links" choose "get products". For instance in Irvs if you do this you see 1,000 individual product links. So if you just wanted to feature a few products you could grab them FREE this way.

If you want to pull a datafeed of all products (HIGHLY recommended) there may be a charge. Just pulled this from CJ's publisher FAQ

Is there a cost associated with the product feeds?

Yes, the cost for setting up the feed is currently $250. If you are earning over $10,000 dollars in commissions per month this fee may be waived at CJ's discretion.

Can I get more than one feed?

Yes, multiple feeds are available. Each feed can be for all of your advertisers or just a group of advertisers you have selected that have product data available.

How do I access product feeds?

Product feeds can either be pushed to your FTP server on a scheduled basis, or you can pull the data from our HTTP server or an FTP server account we create for you. Feeds through these methods will be updated on a scheduled basis based on your preferences.

How do I set up or customize a feed?

Simply contact client services by selecting “Ask a Question” from the "Support" menu in your Account Manager. Once in the question interface, select the "Linking" category and the "Product Links" subcategory.

Hope this helps.

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing 5 Star Affiliate Programs: DentalPlans|zZounds|Irv's Luggage|Roadloans

I want the feed but I sure won't pay CJ for it. Can the merchant give it to me themselves if they choose to do so? It is simply not sensible for me to pay CJ since I am not currently adding CJ merchants.

It is my understanding that I can get SAS feeds free and that is enough to keep me out of trouble for a while.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread