ABW Ambassador
    I was just wondering how are you doing with them? Do they pay on time? I know its a quarterly payout.

ABW Ambassador
    I passed on them. Zero day cookie and $100 quarterly payout is not a good indication of a fair business relationship as far as I go.

It took 4 months for an approval (holidays coming). I talked with the lady and she said they were considering changing policies.

If you decide not to promote them, be sure and send them an email and let them know why. Maybe they'll change if they get enough EMails.

I also passed on them.

ABW Ambassador
    I do very well with businesses whose main focus is the catalog orders, but only when the cookie is long enough that the customer has time to sit down with the catalog first.

Bottom line is that this program is designed to generate new leads for the catalog and not pay the affiliate. It probabaly seems like a brilliant, thrifty idea to someone at LE.

In conclusion, let the parasiteware distributors have this one, they are the only one's who can profit from the zero day cookie.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Give them a complete pass. I've only ggotten one check in 4 years of sending LandsEnd traffic even though my CTR is 1.85%

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Hopefully they will learn that this is a sales channel and cut the "brand marketing" business...which takes advantage of partners and exploits them as CPM marketers instead of affiliate sales partners.

Outsourced Program Manager
    If you guys are looking for an upscale clothing retailer, then check out Coldwater Creek. We have a $25 monthly threshold. We pay out on time to. http://affiliate.coldwatercreek.com

Jamie Birch
    Affiliate and Partner Programs Manager
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I can personally say I made more sales with Coldwater Creek in the first week than I have with Landsend the whole year.

WebMaster Mike

Outsourced Program Manager
    We have been converting really well this month, better then Sept!

We also just announced a 25% off sale to help convert those users to buyers! Starts on 10/25 - ends on 10/31/.

Check out our forum for more info: Coldwater Creek

Jamie Birch
    Affiliate and Partner Programs Manager
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

ABW Ambassador
    LOL - Jamie you're the greatest. And to think it wasn't that long ago your company had a 0 day cookie and were associated with parasites too.

You've come a long way baby! Coldwater Creek gets my holidays sales push!

I get a check from them every quarter, but they're not a great performer.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Coldwater Creek is good, considering their time with Linkshare the improvements and growth are noteworthy.

We are here to move "stuff" not rotate banners, after all. Bring on the volume and the mula will follow...

Survey Man

I actualy have done ok with Lands' End. And I have never had any problems getting paid. They do take a little more work to make the sales than some merchants, but I like them so they are worth it to me.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, i don't like quarterly payouts and $100 minimums but i just added search to my site and found out a lot of people are looking for them. I'm gonna throw them up and give them a try. I should get the minimum with the holidays.

I've done well with Land's End, as long as I update at least once a week with new Overstock listings and sale category listings.

Never a problem getting paid by LE either. Ratio is, on average, 30-40 clicks for a sale.
    $120 average sale.

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

Lands' End might move to Amazon soon... meaning that they will also have to end their Linkshare affiliate program, and work through Amazon's Associates program.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> More speculation surfaces that Amazon will sell clothes

SEATTLE - Speculation that Amazon.com may soon start selling apparel has resurfaced.
    The Wall Street Journal, citing people familiar with the matter, reported on its online site last night that the Seattle-based Internet retailer was developing an online apparel store in partnership with Nordstrom, Gap, Sears Roebuck and Lands' End that would open in time for holiday shopping.

Reports of such an endeavor first surfaced in July, when Amazon posted on its Web site's job page an opening for a "Director, Apparel."

Amazon wouldn't comment on the reports then, and still wasn't commenting in yesterday's Journal report.

In a conference call last week with Wall Street analysts, The Journal reported, Amazon Chief Executive Jeff Bezos said Amazon soon would begin "previewing a brand-new store that we've been working on for almost a year." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Lands' End might move to Amazon soon... meaning that they will also have to end their Linkshare affiliate program, and work through Amazon's Associates program.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually there is no reason why they could not do both (sell thru Amazon and have an affiliate program thru LS).

A number of firms already do. Take J&R.com for example.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

jimbo2002

What I had in mind was Target.com or Toysrus, which use Amazon technology.

What I had in mind was Target.com or Toysrus, which use Amazon technology.

Good question. Where can one go to sign up for the Target.com program? They do offer one don't they?

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

Join Amazon's associates program, and you will find Target there as well.

I've been discussing this with Amazon today.
    Saw it on CNN this morning.

Amazon expressed that they will be paying the standard 2.5% "3rd party" referral commissions on the clothing mall at Amazon (set to go live any day now).

I do hope that the clothing stores won't be disbanding their affiliate programs through the networks. We cannot afford to run such stores as the gap, Old Navy and Nordstrom through Amazon's new store as we're doing far better with them through the networks.

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread