ABW Ambassador
    Why is it that it is now the second week of October and Dell still hasn't paid their July invoice or August which is due as well. We have been told 6 weeks from the end of month, but it is now going on week 10.

Please advise, Sarah. Others?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Maybe Dell ran out of money after paying off the TV Ads and all the Dupers and Parasites.

WebMaster Mike

Dell has always been way late on paying from LS. Odds are that they are paying the "Dude, You're gettin a Dell" Guy too much money.

Core

"Somebody's got some 'splanin to do!" - Rex [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    My suggestion is two fold:

1) go into the "Payment Report" and submit a notice of non-payment.

2) Email Sara & Dell Home @

DellHome@linkshare.com
    ABW@linkshare.com

I think it is time to put a point on the importance of all vendors paying on time here. Large vendors like Dell do have the money and honestly there should be no reason for it taking 12 weeks after month end for payment.

Survey Man

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,

I have checked with the person on my team who works with Dell Home Systems. An internal processing error at Dell delayed LinkShare's receipt of the July payment. I have confirmed that Dell has sent LinkShare the July payments, which we will process and distribute to affiliates upon receipt. August and September payments should be received and distributed on time.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Sarah...Now if I could only get this type of response from the Dell team...That would be very nice.

Considering that the August payment is due in one week as well (to keep with the 6 week timeframe affiliates have been told with Dell) a second check should be cut for August soon too...?

Sarah, are our sales also affected by this? I have not had a sale at Dell for several weeks, which is very unusual. I still get traffic there but no sales.

Let us know. Thanks.

Hi SteveG,

No, the status of the July payments is not related. Dell continues to send transaction information regularly, and there does not appear to be any tracking issues - if you have specifics related to your account, please send them to me at abw@linkshare.com and I help investigate.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Sarah, it has been almost a week and still no receipt of the mailed Dell payment according to the reports at Linkshare?

Also I have noticed that the September "Payment History" has not shown up yet even though merchants, such as overstock, have sent checks to linkshare. This makes it impossible for us to check to see what is coming in!

Also it is my understanding the the Dell August payment is due tommorrow (6 weeks). Is this going to happen as well?

Please advise, thanks.

Hi Survey Man,

We received Dell's July payments today, and the Payment History report has been updated to reflected this. We will process and distribute individual affiliate payments within 10 business days. I am waiting hear back from my team on August payments, and I will let you know when I have information. The Merchant Payment History report now displays September payment status.

Best,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Sarah, as always...I will await the status of August which is now also past due by the 6 week rule I have been given for Dell payemnts.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sarah, since all the focus these last few weeks has been on parasitic affiliates and their merchant partnerships, little attention has been paid to merchant compliance on reporting sales. We no longer know if the lack of sales are associates with traffic hijackers or netorious diversion experts like Dell.

Scott at BeFree 5 weeks ago was very concerned about the Dell Small Biz program there when cornered by me to look into it. I won't let him off the hook, but the outcome of the combined network meeting on curbing abuses with "Affiliate Applications" is more important. Once I hear from him on the results of his compliance testing and compare them to outside independent tests I'll ask you to perform similar tasks.

Turning major branded merchants into true sales partners is part of the responsibility of their hosting network. The networks owe it to their trusting affiliates to make sure the grandfathered keystone merchants are abiding by their Terms of Service. It isn't only the rogue affiliates who bend or circumvent the rules or leverage the holes in your ASP service.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Sarah - any word on August's payment? It is now overdue as well. The Dell team assures me each time that 6 weeks is the rule of thumb.

Hi Survey Man -

My team confirmed Dell mailed us August payments last week, and we should have it by mid-week. Look for updates in your Merchant History Payment reports.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Sarah,

Thanks for your reply however as of end of day Friday the check has not even reached Linkshare and mail takes about 2 days to get from TX to NY perhaps 3 so it appears they mailed someone elses check out or did not mail it at all.

Can you wrestle them over this? In all honest in less than two weeks September's check will be due and we have not even received August yet.

Survey Man,

LinkShare received Dell's August payment on Wednesday, and this has been reflected in the Payment History report. We are processing affiliate payments at this time - check your Payment Report for updates.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Sure enough a bunch of things from Wednesday just showed up today around 5:00, Friday. They must have been behind in updating the report huh?

The important thing is that it is there!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread