Got this in my email from Linkshare:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>$1.00 payment threshold = cash in your pocket
    We've made the following message loud and clear to our merchants: High thresholds deter affiliates from joining your program or posting links, because they don't think they'll ever get paid. But we've done more than just preach. We've given them an opportunity to make good by participating in our 2002 Holiday Payout Promotion.

All merchants participating in this promotion have agreed to lower their payment thresholds for the month of December to just $1. That means as of December 31, 2002, if you have an outstanding commission of $1 or more from any of these merchants, expect a check. We're still recruiting merchants, but here's a list of participants as of Thursday, October 10:

LinkShare Check Cutting Merchants
    American Express*
    get links | join
    Beach Body
    get links | join
    Coldwater Creek
    get links | join
    Computers4SURE
    get links | join
    Extra Touch Florist Association
    get links | join
    Franklin Mint
    get links | join
    Gardener's Supply Company
    get links | join
    HostSave.com
    get links | join
    Hotwire
    get links | join
    InPhonic, Inc.*
    get links | join
    Lillian Vernon Online
    get links | join
    Limoges Jewelry
    get links | join
    NTT/VERIO*
    get links | join
    Office Depot, Inc.
    get links | join
    OfficeMax.com
    get links | join
    Orbitz*
    get links | join
    Overstock.com, Inc.
    get links | join
    Personal Creations
    get links | join
    Priceline Mortgage*
    get links | join
    RedEnvelope
    get links | join
    Ross-Simons
    get links | join
    SeaBear Smokehouse
    get links | join
    Sharpscissors.com*
    get links | join
    Vikingop.com
    get links | join
    Direct Pay Merchants
    AKA Gourmet
    get links | join
    Advance Response*
    get links | join
    FragranceNet.com*
    get links | join

*Denotes a merchant that always has a $0 threshold.
    Note: Starting Friday, October 18, we'll post and update this list of merchant participants in the Affiliate Resource Center, so check often.

Fine print? None. Catches? None. Upside? Plenty.
    With just a $1 payment threshold, virtually any sale through a participating merchant will net you a commission check. Try promoting new merchants or posting links for your current merchants for the first time, knowing you'll get paid for every sale. Did you generate sales but give up on a merchant, thinking that you would never reach the threshold? Well, put links back up and start earning again, but this time, get paid! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotta like that

Game on!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Now if only I can get to $1 before the end of December [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Great move in the right direction! WTG and I hope more merchants jump a board. It will be nice to try some new merchants. Hopefully the merchants that do join will like what they see and stay with it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I would hope you guys can do ALOT more than a $1 at this time of year! This is 70% of our year is the last 4 weeks before Christmas! Jump on board..and get more than just a buck!! We are on the list!

And to clarify..we are only 1 of 2 merchants listed under the self pay section! We DO in fact pay you faster than Linkshare will..every month..not just one month out of the year. They typically take an extra month to pay you..we send out checks approx the 15th of each month for the prior month!
    We don't want that deterring you from trying us out! You will get paid!

Patty Altaffer
    Affiliate Manager
    AKA Gourmet
    Fine California Food & Gifts
    www.akagourmet.com

Patty Altaffer
    Affiliate Manager
    AKA Gourmet(www.akagourmet.com)
    patty@akagourmet.com

ooops...wanted to respond to Dapackster. We may or may not stick with it after the holiday. We have alot of affiliates who have been floating a few dollars for months now..it all comes down to cost of cutting and mailing the check. It won't make business sense to mail out a $3 check when it costs us $2 to process and mail that check..as an example..

Our usual threshold is $25 with a 12-15% commission...so that would be about $250 worth of sales(once you exclude tax and S&H) to make the threshold. Average sale is about $40-60(higher at christmas) so would not take many orders to get there with us..as an example. And we will on occasion pay below our threshold if close. I won't hold payment if you say reached $23.45 or 21.92..but would hold you if only $8...chances are you could get there next month.

I am looking at this as a way to gain new affiliates as well as just clear out our bin for the new year...some of the payments will be at a loss if they are just a few dollars..but since CHristmas is our biggest time of year..I fgure many of those that have been floating a few dollars will add to the pot that month!

Patty Altaffer
    Affiliate Manager
    patty@akagourmet.com

Hi Patty and thanks for the response. I have been looking for this thread and just couldn't seem to find it again.

You make some good points and let me throw a few ideas at you to see what you think. It might even save the merchants a bit of money. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You say--- ooops...wanted to respond to Dapackster. We may or may not stick with it after the holiday. We have alot of affiliates who have been floating a few dollars for months now..it all comes down to cost of cutting and mailing the check. It won't make business sense to mail out a $3 check when it costs us $2 to process and mail that check..as an example..
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have always understood that part of a merchants choice about having a minimum thresh hold for payments. I do agree that it would not be a smart business choice on any merchants part to send a check for 3.00 when it would cost 2.00 to send it. Here is where we all make some money. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Linkshare has been talking about trying to put in place sometime down the road consolidated merchant payments such as CJ does and many other networks do already. This would be a win win situation for the merchant, the affiliates and for Linkshare.

Why you ask me(ok ya didn't ask and probably already know the answer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )? Lets say that 10 affiliates want to try your program but unfortunately don't think they can hit the minimum amt for a few months. What has happened quite a few times is in the few months the merchants have left owing the affiliate the commissions that they have earned. Although they may only be several dollars if you times this by many merchants it starts to add up. So from an affiliates point of view it might not be worth the time to see if your company is going to be a great find. Now from your point of view like you stated above it's also doesn't make sense to send a check to the affiliate when the payment is so low. I still agree with you there.

Now lets add in consolidated payments from Linkshare. The same 10 affiliates are going to join and try out lets say 20 new advertisers including you because Linkshare decided now to have consolidated payments for any merchants who are interested in participating in the program. So the 10 affiliates find a few good merchants that they are making lets say 100.00 a month with and the others merchants are producing just a few dollars each month for the affiliates.

Now you have Linkshare handle your payments to the affiliates. Linkshare is now sending out only one check to each affiliate for all the combined 10 merchants sales. I am happy because I am getting one check from Linkshare, you are happy because you are saving money on sending out checks plus your monthly sales have gone up because of all the new affiliates your getting. Linkshare is happy because they are also making more money because the affiliates are making more money.

Jeesh, talk about a win, win, win situation. Sounds like a plan to me. Lets get it into action soon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So even if I am only making say 7.00 a month with your program and the other 20 I joined each month. I am now getting a check for 140.00 dollars each month from LS. Now it might make it worth it to me and other affiliates. As for your company, you have 10 new affiliates who are producing lets say 700.00 in new sales each month. Of course the number would be much larger. I am just using that as an example.

Anyways, after this promotion is over it might be a good idea for all the merchants who participated in this special to maybe look at the stats and see if consolidated payments might be the way to go for your company. I'm sure Steve would love to do a test on it and see how it goes. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] JMO of course!

Hopefully alot of us affiliates will give this deal a try and see if we can find some merchants that might be the hidden gems. Anyways, thanks again Patty. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by DaPackster on October 24, 2002 at 03:31 PM.]

I just wanna say that so far not one of my merchants is part of this program. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

J

Janiss,

Hopefully a lot more merchants will be jumping aboard. In the mean time I hope all of us affiliates give the ones who are on the list a chance if it relates to our sites. This is a good oportunity to test merchants we haven't tried before. JMO o course! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dapackster! I would totally particpate in a consolidated payment plan if Linkshare did it. I agree..makes total sense..we would send them one check and then dispurse to you with other checks. I know LS is considering it..not sure when they will implement. We pay our own affiliates for now. We were nervous about sending money to LS and you not getting paid(why have a middle man, right?) and we also can pay you faster than they can if we cut the checks within 10 days of getting statement from LS. But, if they change to consolidated..we will join in!

What I do for below threshold amounts is I do eventually pay them out. I think what I originally stated to affiliates was to roll them for 6 months and then clear it out. I figured if you could not get to $25 in 6 months..there's a problem. And as I mentioned above..if the amount has been rolling for a few months and it is close..I will clear it out.

And Janiss...why don't you try my program..so at least ONE of your merchants is in the program! ;-)

Patty
    AKA Gourmet

Patty Altaffer
    Affiliate Manager
    patty@akagourmet.com

ABW Ambassador
    Patty
    Just signed up waiting for approval so I can get started.
    Cazzie

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

Just to let you Know Mondera is in the $1 Threshold program, we signed up at the lasy minute after the first promo email went out, I think I errrrmmm deleted the invitation first time round and so missed it...anyway were in so get selling... that ontop of our Nov Dec bonus program...not signed up yet??? Get your skates on...Weekly bonuses and much much more

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Just to let you Know Mondera is in the $1 Threshold program <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just got my attention as did AKAGourmet. Now if the Linkshare site would come back up, I'd be all set. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

"Where a conversion is no accident, it's a miracle."

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread