We are considering a possible switch to LS from CJ for a number of reasons.

However, we are interested in what actual web masters and publishers think about this.

Does anyone have any feedback they can offer or opinion one way or the other?

Thanks

(If you prefer to email partner@smoothcorp.com to share your thoughts privately please feel free.)

Hey,

One of the main reason most affiliates like CJ is the consolidated monthly payments. If you keep your payment treshold low, LS's disadvantage of non-consolidated payments may not effect you, because you sell big ticket items, (floor supplies?), so the averag sale and commissions must be high.

Other than that, in CJ there are so many merchants, from big dogs like eBay to mom and pop stores-like small businesses. If you don't have highly recognizable brand, we may have missed you at CJ, but at LS you're more likely to be seen.

As far as "linking" and "reporting" goes, LS is better especially at linking. Promotions and interactive links are easy-to-find, and clear at LS. CJ's reports are also good, but not as good as LS's.

Whichever network you choose, if you have/are a good affiliate/marketing manager, who can manage affiliate recruiting and maintaining a good relationship with them, things can pick up quickly, go smoothly and provide a nice ROI.

Good luck!

SamBay

I have found Linkshare to be much more affiliate friendly. I always get a quick reply to any questions I have.
    Linkshare reports are easier to use, and the merchant has more options for linking, and I believe there is an umlimited number of links you can have available for merchants.
    I think Linkshare has better customer service, and all the people I have spoken to have been genuinely helpful.
    Plus they don't give awards to companies like Ebates who redirect our links and steal the affiliate commissions out of our pockets, unlike CJ.
    Switch, you will be glad you did.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Connie,

I agree with your first two paragraphs but not about their position against eBates. They don't do it in public but, they recommend parasites like WhenU to their merchants! They, LS, ask merchants to accept WhenU to their affiliates, because they "generate" good sales. Is that an award or what?

Overall I have received small checks from CJ,in fact I got $28.00 last month and will get another one next month. I have never registered a sale at Linkshare and I checked before I posted this. I have some merchants that have posted over 700 impressions with 6 clickthru's,no sales.
    Some of these merchants are also listed here and I will not say who.
    Gerry

Where Do You Want To Be Tomorrow?

Reviewing my network performers from my
    RevTrends reports for the past 3 months
    was humbling - and that's a nice word for it.

Linkshare has had the best conversions and, IMO,
    is the easiest/most accessible for me to use.
    I've also had great support. I'm carrying
    1/3 of the merchants at LS than I am at CJ.

CJ's performance was a whopping 60% below
    what LS' was, and I'm carrying at least 50%
    more merchants. I've been wrangling with CJ to see what could be causing this (not mentioning the P-r-s-t- word), and am getting the run around in each instance.

When a new merchant signs up at LS these days,
    I run over to promote them. I'm getting very cautious about new CJ stores though and my
    tolerance of initial start up glitches has
    bottomed out with the CJ stores - not with Linkshare's.

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

Hello,

We recently also changed over to Linkshare from CJ and are initially pleased with the results. The support from Linkshare has been great (thanks Lisa!), particularly when you are launching with them. Of course, it is more expensive but overall I believe it allows you to provide affiliates with much more options and choices. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The ability to communicate with partners and run so many different reports to assist in helping affiliates, of all sizes, see what links/products work best....has been a great asset of Linkshare.

Good luck with your decision!

Danielle
    FREE FULL VERSION SOFTWARE & MORE
    Join us at Linkshare, click here

I simply cannot explain it, but I NEVER have any sales through LS. But the same genre of merchants through CJ do very well.
    Same holds true for BeFree. Never any sales through BeFree for the same type of merchant.
    Of course it could just be that CJ always gets the "better" merchants, but that seems like a long shot.

When it all comes down to it, the combined check in nice, and the reports are more than adequate, but the main reason that I use CJ almost exclusively (also have a few direct programs) is that I trust that my sales are being accurately recorded. If a merchant or affiliate manager doesn't have my trust it doesn't matter how good the reporting or commission rate is. And right or wrong, I trust CJ.

Tom

I think I would agree with SamBay. The only good thing about CJ from my point of view as a piublisher/affiliate is the consolidated payment which is right on time as compared to Linkshare.

When it comes to linking which affects sales I give it all to Linkshare. They make linking great and gives you so much joy when working with merchants who have enabled the individual product/page linking in their account, that way an affiliate is able to incorporate links into their website easily and professional and that helps sales and also commissions for affiliates.

After reviewing your sites, I think LS with do so well for you and also enabling the abilty for affiliates to create their own individaul links will help a lot

ABW Ambassador
    The more I use LS the more I like them.

Product linking is GREAT there. Nice Reasonable size, unlike Cj where if you use their "product " most merchants have gigantic products, not a simple copy and paste for most merchants with products, Advanced linking is a pain, there is no Clear, or Reset button, so there's a delete process all the time.

Most merchants at LS have an affiliate manager, unlike Cj, where there's little response back, or 2 months late if at all.

The only thing Cj has on the Rest, is consolidated payments, and Real time Tracking and I now hope Performic's merchant list grows more.

I'm at a point in my business where time is money, and well CJ takes up too much time, to fiddle with products, having to use advanced all the time, with no clear button, and having to re size banners, etc. Pain in the butt

I just wish LS had a search box for all products from all merchants, and I'd be set.

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

if CJ were parasite free, they would be the network of choice - their consolidated and timely payment ascertains that no commission earned, however small, is ever lost.

but their acceptance of parasites is a disturbing black point.

LinkShare had an opportunity here to become the champion of the affiliate world, by banning parasites, but they did not rise to the challenge.
    they introduced some lukewarm stipulations in their contract, but never enforced them. this is viewed by some as a mere whitewash - a kind of double-talk even more dangerous than a straightforward acceptance of parasites . . .

most professional affiliates have seen through this double-talk.

ABW Ambassador
    Hello heisje...

While I find consolidated payments to be an issue, I find fault with your statement concerning the fact that (paraphrasing here) LS is effectively giving lipservice to this parasite issue. Perhaps you might read the addendum again.

As to the technology companies who have yet to sign the addendum, their day is coming where there will be no turning back unless they do indeed sign - and comply.

I have seen a couple of your sites, and they are indeed professional. Making statements without merit or complete information, unfortunately, is not.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

I've got to put in a vote for Performics. They have all the benefits of CJ (consolidated payments, and ability to link to whatever product you want). In the last six days my sales have skyrocketed. Of course, support seems to be an issue there based on what others have written. But, I've never had an issue.

I think more and more people are seeing the advantages there too. Usually when I create product links there may be a difference of one or two numbers between each one I create. Tonight, I so many people were in there building links that there were gaps like 20 and 36 between the numbers assigned to the links I created.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi

When we moved from Be Free we considered CJ, LS and Performics

Performics was dropped due to their total inability to reply to emails.

This left CJ and LS. On pricing CJ was hands down winner...but what won it for LS was their pre sales support and openess to answer questions and give access to a demo Account, CJ refused to give us access to any kind of demo account, which to me says "hidding something".

Since joining LS (and we have the smallest support package) I have found the support to be excellent, fast and clear, reporting is excellent, ability to use my partners direct email accounts a total must and overall I couldn't be happier.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Does anyone have any feedback they can offer or opinion one way or the other? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've heard the "one way"--now for the other.

~~~~~~~

PAYMENT is my only concern. Everything else is just fog.

That said--CJ has paid. And CJ merchants that were capable of generating enough commissions to be worth the web ink, have paid.

I can't say the same about That Other Place.

And the response of Messer--"It's in the past"--is about the lamest weasel answer I've seen yet! Highly disappointing PR, even if they aren't "legally responsible".

I'll avoid writing an entire ebook of more rants but to condense it: I don't trust LS farther than I could throw a boulder. On the other hand, I do trust CJ.

I suggest you ask your own top affiliates directly before making the switch. You may find that I'm not the only person superglued to CJ.

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    This isn't meant to be as a derogatory comment. If you are considering making a move thinking it may increase your affiliate base and sales production, has your commission rate been thought of a possible reason we may not push it enough, in turn causing you to rethink how you run things.
    I run a bit of banners and the odd product from both, mostly because of a niche I need for a site. I do find my efforts lag a bit because of your lower rate paid to me on sales. I would probably move if you moved as it doesn't entail lots of changes, however changes can cause an uproar as you may see if you look at the commments from art.com moving to a different network.

Leader has an important point that was raised. Your top producers should be consulted with a more targeted e mail. Nothing worse than pissing off your top partners and losing them just for the sake of making a change.
    Good luck with your decision.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Wally makes an extremely good point. I added twelve pages to my site yesterday for a product line that is carried by two programs I participate in, at competitive pricing. One pays a 10% commission, and the other pays a 5% commission.

Guess which one got 12 pages and 100+ individual product links?

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

1. CJ has consolidated payments
    2. CJ pays on time
    3. CJ has real time tracking
    4. Linkshare pays sporatically, loses merchants cheques sometimes, always finds them, but takes time in processing them.
    5. Linkshare merchants take there time updating reports, once a day, once a week or once a month, it varies
    6. They both provide advancing linking structures, most merchants
    7. Performics has realtime tracking but their program is not as user friendly as CJ, and although they give you a consolidated cheque, they don't pay for 60 or 90 days until their payment is received - I haven't been able to find a payment report in their system either.

Sorry but I find CJ has it hands down above the others - 4 figures monthly at CJ, 3 figures at Performics, and a lowly 2 figures at Linkshare sometimes.

Abigail

ABW Ambassador
    If you can convert that 's what is most important.
    and Yes ask your top affiliates about the considering of moving.

Since I'm not a newbie at this game, I prefer LS (with the converting merchants that I have) They out perform Cj's similar merchants.

I prefer LS for building as I stated earlier

I'm at a point where minimums aren't a big issue as once was. LS isn't a great place for a new person on the block, and having to deal with min's of 50 etc..... Everyone should be forced to $10.

I like CJ, for the ability to give several merchants a chance, where I wouldn't of otherwise on LS.

Cj rules as far as getting paid. By by far am I a CJ cheer leader.

I like Befree's products as well. Nice size. But Befree seems to have too many problems in the past, and is hard to trust. Although I have a few merchants I really like there as well, but as far as trials go, I don't do them often over there.

Cj could totally rule if it cleaned up it's act with product sizes, and get rid of the darn borders it loves to add.

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread