Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,

I've noticed a growing interest in the LinkShare Merchandiser(SM) Program from ABW members, and I'm interested in hearing your feedback about this program. After mentioning this to the product manager on my team, we've decided to extend a special promotion to ABW members to further encourage your interest and participation.

Merchandiser facilitates the distribution and updating of individual product links for affiliates that require access to a complete and dynamic inventory of a merchant's products as part of their business model – shopping comparison, price comparison, and product search engine sites. Merchandiser allows you to integrate individual product links on your website without having to manually create links to each product that is carried by a merchant – an impossible task for affiliates that want to carry hundreds of thousand, even millions, products. There is a one-time, upfront investment to cover the set-up and ongoing maintenance of your individual and secure LinkShare Merchandiser FTP account. The cost covers any IP changes that you may need to make to your account in the future - once we have established your account, you may receive all those merchants feeds for which you are approved. To learn more about the LinkShare Merchandiser(SM) Program, click here.

From now through October 31, any ABW member who registers a new Merchandiser account will receive a special discounted rate of $125 on the set-up fee. If you wish to pursue this opportunity, please complete the Request for Participation form. Make sure to indicate that you are a member of ABW and provide your screen name in #5. We will review your request within 2 business days and send you the Affiliate Merchandiser Implementation Guidelines to review upon approval. You will then need to complete and return the required documentation, as well as remit payment by October 31, to take advantage of this opportunity. If you have any questions, please contact us at merchandiser-a@linkshare.com.

Best,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,
    How we use this on our site.
    I may sound dumb, but have no clue as to how to use this feature, could you please explain it.

The longest distance between you and a problem is the distance between your knees and the floor.

It sounds like a database feed of the merchant's products. Is that what this is? Is the setup fee per merchant or just a one time fee?

From the info posted both here and on linkshare, this is my understanding.

-The merchandiser program is essentially a datafeed.
    -To use it you must be accepted in to the participating merchant's program
    -You can be denied acceptance by one program and accepted by another in which case you will only recieve the feed from programs you have been accepted for.
    -The cost is normally $250 (this 125 things looks good)
    -The fee is a one time set up fee. If you are denied an account with one merchandiser or don't apply and then do apply later you will have to pay no additional fees. It's to set up the initial FTP account, etc.
    -To be accepted you have to be approved by the merchant (As stated earlier) as well as the Linkshare team I believe. I think they don't want to waste the effort and time on a micky mouse setup.
    -also, you must download the files daily so you pretty much need a VERY dynamic site.

It's all layed out in the merchandiser page on linkshare HERE

Game on!!!!

Hi Girlie & Xandman,

What we will provide to you is a file that includes specific information about the products in a merchant's inventory. How you use these product feeds is really up to you. We work to help you establish relationships with those merchants participating in the Merchandiser program so that you can access their product inventory, but we do not handle how the data feed is technically implemented on your site. You can use this file in any way, but most Merchandiser affiliates feed this product information into a database against which queries are submitted. Product feeds are implemented and used differently by affiliates for their different needs, whether to provide your customers with a means of a price comparison or product searches. If you are unsure if you have the capabilities to use this service and would like more information before you sign up, just send us an email at merchandiser-a@linkshare.com, and we'll provide you with the Implementation Guidelines to review.

The fee a one-time, upfront investment to cover the set-up and ongoing maintenance of your individual and secure LinkShare Merchandiser FTP account. Once your account is established, you may receive all Merchandiser feeds for which you have been approved.

Thanks, and I hope this information is helpful.
    Sarah

[This message was edited by LinkShare Moderator on October 16, 2002 at 02:35 PM.]

Thanks Popdawg and LS Mod. That certainly sounds interesting and the price drop makes it more tempting. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It is tempting.
    I am nearly finished a database driven shoe site that I hope to launch by early next week.
    I am actually trying to make a new sql driven product search site that will fit the merchandiser program.
    If I can do that by the end of next week or shortly thereafter then I will more than likely apply myself.
    For 1/2 price I'll do anything!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Game on!!!!

Popdawg,
    Is there a script or software that can be used for this?

The longest distance between you and a problem is the distance between your knees and the floor.

That's how I would do it too. I have a new domain setup and I'm waiting for a datafeed from TigerDirect to use. I had to learn some PHP/mySQL which looks like it will work well for this.

Girlie, not that I konw of, but remember I am still new here too.
    I have seen scripts for some feeds, but they are mostly posters.com, amazon, etc.
    Nothing for the merchandiser program.

Xandman - I got into feed/asp/access/sql for the
    Tiger DF and learned a lot. I was able to apply that to the CJ feeds so I don't think there will be any problem transfering those skills to the merchandiser feed.
    Have you seen the sample(tiny) feed they give on the merchandiser info page? Not that different at all.

Game on!!!!

Outsourced Program Manager
    That is a great offer from Linkshare, thanks Sarah, I know that we really want to encourage affiliates to use this as well. I know conversions are higher with a feature like this.

So, we would like to help make the decision to use the merchandiser feed a little easier for you guys. Coldwater Creek would like to offer to reimburse any affiliate who take advantage of this offer! So it ultimately will cost you....., hold on let me add this all up........., oh yeah nothin'!

So, take advantage of this and request to participate! Send me an email, apply to my program if you haven't already, and let's start selling! Once you have reached $1000 in sales in a month we will credit your account for what you paid to participate in the merchandiser program!

Jamie Birch
    Affiliate and Partner Programs Manager
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

I'm in.
    Email en route.

I said for 1/2 price I'll do anything.

For free I'll do ..... um

Game on!!!!

Popdawg, yes I saw the sample and think it will work well. I had to take the TD top 50 list and import to access, strip out the " and add ; at the end of the fields then exported as a text file that I imported into mySQL. I'm very new at this and was able to make my first dynamic page after 3 nights. I just couldn't get the TD Top 50 to work as it was but this seems to work fine for me. If the LS datafeed is that easy it will be a pleasure to work with.

Sarah

I've sent in my application (and been accepted) and now I'm waiting for the bank to produce a draft to send you the money (I found it kinda amusing that I had to write to my bank to get them to produce a draft they will post to me to post to you to initiate this very high-tech process. Good old British banking for you ...).

Anyway the question is - can I take advantage of this reduction? My interest in data feeds generally and the Merchandiser program specifically came directly from joining ABW.

Let me know ASAP so I can write the bank another letter [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stewart Hutton | Are you Crazy?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xandman:
    If the LS datafeed is that easy it will be a pleasure to work with.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From my preview of the LS data, it benefits greatly from being tightly specified and therefore consistent. Should be no "entertaining surprises" to wake up to if your site is automated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My biggest problems were scripting the ftp and unzipping procedures (the latter solved only by moving from Win to *nix host).

Jamie - you're the greatest! Thank you for your support of the ABW community and the Merchandiser program.

Sarah

PopDawg,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm in.
    Email en route.

I said for 1/2 price I'll do anything.

For free I'll do ..... um <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rotflmao!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Keep the sense of humor going. Its been wayyy too serious here lately.

Sarah,

I'm just curious as to how many merchants participate with this. Umm, BTW Count me in too and Thanks!

Jamie, awesome and thanks also! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Outsourced Program Manager
    No problem guys, Just be sure to let me know if you sign up and I can lend a hand if possible.

Linkshare helps us provide you with as many awesome tools as possible, thanks!

Jamie Birch
    Affiliate and Partner Programs Manager
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaPackster:
    Sarah,

I'm just curious as to how many merchants participate with this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sarah,
    I'm interested to know how many merchants participate too.

Hi DaPackster and Linda,

There are currently over a dozen merchants participating in Merchandiser, including: Buy.com, Walmart.com, Cooking.com, and Overstock.com. Click here for a full list of currently participating merchants. Watch for more merchants to come!

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    OK. I'm in. (I nearly paid $250 for this a few months back. *phew*)

I'll fill out the application tonight. I'm assuming you take VISA? *cha-ching*

Tick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LinkShare Moderator:
    There are currently over a dozen merchants participating in Merchandiser, including: Buy.com, Walmart.com, Cooking.com, and Overstock.com. Click http://www.linkshare.com/rc/m_merchants.shtml for a full list of currently participating merchants. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will take this opportunity to say there is - unfortunately - a high correlation between the Merchandiser and Parasiteware lists.

I would be very interested but how would I know which merchants allow parasites? I'm b*ggered if I am going to do all the work and pay to advertise only for the parasites to get the sales.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Affiliate Manager
    The Merchandiser program is a datafeed of products. It has nothing to do with ParasiteWare, and everything to do with technology. There is a ParasiteWare forum here, so I suggest you voice concerns about ParasiteWare in that forum...

Overstock.com participates in the Merchandiser data feed, and it's done wonders for several of our affiliates. It's a great way to get all of our products and detail about those products in a single file, on a nightly basis.

It does require a bit more technological know-how in order to use, so keep that in mind.

I highly recommend that everyone looks into this program.

Thanks,

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

Shawn I am not looking to argue but I beg to differ with your statement <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It has nothing to do with ParasiteWare, and everything to do with technology. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Just read the post from CrazyGuy two up. I will say no more.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast