Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Just saw they just joined Linkshare. Already have links to them thru Amazon. Have to wait for approval and see what kind of commission and cookie structure they have set up.

5-7% commission, 3 return days. Already in, just in the process of putting up links!

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Thanks for the heads up.

ABW Ambassador
    Just curious, I typed www.marshallfields into my browser to see what they are all about and I arrived at Target.com The site also has Amazon, Target, Meryvns, etc. Are these leaks?
    Cazzie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Just got links up. Do we still get credit when they link out? I was about to buy some DVDs as a test buy and its thru Amazon. It also has links to Marshalls, Amazon, Mervyn's, ILoveADeal.com. Does anybody know if we get the commish if they click a Target link and then buy something from one of the other stores it links out too?

ABW Ambassador
    TrustNo1...

Forgive me, I do not know the answer to your question, but I am interested in whether you are from Tennessee?

I read the other day that you might be in the path of the Tornados, and being from Tennessee myself; am seriously empathetic.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

I think I have some concerns about these programs. Say I belong to both Target and Marshall Field's programs.
    If someone clicks on my link to Target and then heads on over to Marshall Fields (they are heavily cross promoted) I suppose I do not get credit for any purchases made at Marshall Fields as they did not go through my Marshall Fields link, but my Target Link.
    Same goes for Amazon. With Amazon so heavily promoted there, I imagine I could lose a lot of sales to Target and Marshall Fields.

Hmmmmmmm [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    This one seems to have more non-commissionable cross links than old water bucket on a shooting range. Sounds like one of those professional affiliuate management firms who has experience in making sure no one but them gets paid. They devise diversion plans for the brick-n-mortar retailers and treat the whole mess as a advertisng scheme.

Do they offer individual product linking ..if not let them explain where the cookie cutting script comes into play as shopper crossover into another department store or Amazon.

WebMaster Mike

Very, Very Leaky Indeed.

Target affiliate program agreement states:

Service invoice adjustments, reorders, gift certificates, Gift Cards, Marshall Field's products, Mervyn's products, Amazon.com products, and products listed under the Corporate Gifts portion of our web site are not eligible to earn referral fees.

Marshall Field's affiliate program agreement states:

Service invoice adjustments, reorders, gift certificates, Gift Cards, Marshall Field's Gift Registry purchases, Mervyn's products, Amazon.com products, and products listed under the "Target" or Corporate Gifts portions of our web site are not eligible to earn referral fees.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Maybe someone needs to point 'em over here, to kinda discuss the program and such....

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

ABW Ambassador
    That is one of the worst programs I have ever seen.

I applied last nite (haven't been approved yet) but I'm beginning to rethink whether I want them. At least thru Amazon I have a chance of getting a commission.

ABW Ambassador
    Luckily i just switched the links on my front page. They are going back to the Amazon ones i have thru the rest of the site. You can promote Target and Marshalls thru Amazon and get credit. Notice they just joined LS in time for Christmas. Too many leaks out, would be a great program if we got credit for all sales resulting from the Target or Marshalls initial click, even if the site visitor went on to one of the other sites listed there. I noticed when i went to Target to buy some DVDs it was thru Amazon where i would get no commission. So its better just to go straight to Amazon.

Just finished switching my links back to Amazon(targer,marshall) No free Christmas traffic

[This message was edited by TrustNo1 on November 13, 2002 at 11:59 AM.]

I'll apply and use their brand name for promotion only - and simply steer visitors to other (Overstock, Tiger etc.).

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

ABW Ambassador
    Thats what i do: "spider food"

Darn! I was so excited when I started reading this post. I've been selling a lot of Target products through Amazon and that three-day cookie would have been nicer than Amazon's no cookie situation. But from what everybody here is saying, it's not worth my time converting all the links.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Where's Sarah when you need her to shed some light on a post? If both sites cross-sell so heavily then we should get credited for sales when visitors are ping-ponged between sites.

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi All,

I'm glad to see all the interest in the Target and Fields affiliate program, and we're very happy to have them partnered with LinkShare. I'd like to address some of the concerns raised here. First, my apologies for the commission structure not being more clearly stated. We've since modified the program description page and the welcome letter in LinkShare to specifically spell out how you can earn commissions as partners in these programs. Additionally, here are some other advantages to you:

- Target's site information has showed that Fields and Target are very siloed, and in fact there is a very low crossover (i.e. consumers who select items from both sites in one shopping session) rate .

- Many more products are available on Target.com than what is available on the Target section of Amazon.com Vendor store ("Ruby").

- Access to the Target site through the Amazon Associates Program is ending--it should be down by end of business today.

- The commission rate is twice the rate of the one enjoy(ed) through Amazon: 5% vs. 2.5%. Plus a three day cookie vs. none.

- The only items within each site that are non commissionable are those with no margins--products from Amazon, gift cards & certificates, etc.; leaving these items out of the commission structure actually allows Target and Fields to commission more than they would on all other items.

- We will be working with Target and Fields to quickly implement individual product links and other enhanced features to help deepen your conversion rate. In the meantime, we have links up to all the major categories and the Holiday Store as well.

We do look forward to working with all of you, so if you have any additional concerns, please feel free to email us at FieldsAffiliates@LinkShare.com and TargetAffiliates@LinkShare.com.

My site is very topic specific, and I like being able to select the individual products I link to. Will I be able to do that with your program? Do you provide the ability to create individual links or do we have to rely on only the links you generate?

My Amazon links to Target products are going to go dead today? Why has Amazon not notified me about this? Do you have any idea how much work it is going to be to pull those links down?

---

ABW Ambassador
    nevermind wrong thread
    Sales are everywhere, Sales are mine.

Thanks Target & Fields Program Manager for helping clear some of these issues up. We're a fashion oriented site and despite sending a large amount of traffic to Amazon's Marshall Fields Dept., we're not seeing satisfactory conversion rates. Additionally, the cookie and increased commission are big bonuses (in our case). And the ability to link to all of your departments is a god-send.

Thanks for bringing your programs to Linkshare!!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Tracy:

We will be posting individual product links over the next few weeks, so that you can really customize to your site.

As for the Amazon program, I am awaiting clarification on the specifics and will let you know by the end of the day.

ABW Ambassador
    Target And Fields Manager: I thought the Target program thru Amazon was being deactivated, but i see it's still there. Do you know if this is the case?

Sales are everywhere, Sales are mine.

I think they must still be discussing it. My links are still working because I had three Target sales on Wednesday.

If they're going to end their association with Amazon they really need to give us time to join the Target program and change all the links before they end the Amazon program. Otherwise, they'll lose a lot of business. Some of us still have jobs in the real world and it will take some time to move everything.

I applied to Target Thursday morning, and haven't been approved yet. If they pull the links before I am approved and have time to change them, then I may lose money, but they'll lose the sales too.

---

I signed up, but I haven't heard from them yet, although I've got Amazon and one of their links through Amazon has been up for sometime. Just a note, I don't promote religion, hate or politics. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast