Results 1 to 2 of 2
November 23rd, 2002, 01:17 AM #1
- Join Date
- January 17th, 2005
Take a look at what kind of excuse. This company is taking advantage of affiliates to the extreme.
After several weeks of payment delay, finally Chase reply:
" Sorry for the delay. Your commissions will be on their way shortly. "
Haven't receive any check. After 2 months, this credit card company request re-submission of Linkshare affiliate information. I believe all the affiliates got this email. Ridiculously, everybody submit payment info again although Chase can easily pick up the particulars from Linkshare ( [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] else what's the whole purpose of Linkshare??)
After another 4 weeks of repeated request, Linkshare reply with this stupid answer:
" JPMORGAN CHASE IS REQUIRED TO AUTHENTICATE AND VERIFY THE CONTACT INFORMATION AND NATURE OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PAYEE AND THE LISTED COMPANY AND URL. IN YOUR CASE, THERE WAS A DELAY DUE TO THE ORIGIN OF THE IP THAT YOU JOINED LINKSHARE AND CHASE THROUGH. THIS IS LISTED
AS xxx.xxx.xxxx WHICH IS NOT LISTED IN THE ARIN WHOIS DATABASE, BUT IS ASSIGNED THROUGH ASIA PACIFIC NET. SINCE YOUR MAILING ADDRESS IS LISTED (US State), THERE WAS A REQUIRED AUDIT PROCESS TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOUR SITE TRAFFIC WAS FROM OFFSHORE - THIS WOULD BE NON-COMMISSIONABLE AS THE CHASE OFFER IS GOOD THE THE US ONLY."
After speaking to our legal advisor, our questions for Chase:
1. We are local (US) company having registered office & Tax ID locally, what's wrong if we hire programmers & marketing managers offshore? Everybody does that, even Microsoft hires 400 engineers in India.
2. Why Chase approve our application in the first place? Is this an excuse to take free ride and avoid payment?
3. Ridiculous as it sounds, if the credit card applicants are in fact NOT US RESIDENTS (non US traffic as Linkshare explained), how do you approve their application? Don't you track their IP origin? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
4. Why this is not informed earlier if affiliates (local US company) are NOT ALLOWED to hire foreign employees? Why after 4 months of work and repeated request only you give this excuse?
5. How long will it takes to "VERIFY"? According to some other affiliates, they have not receive their payment either.
6. You mention "PAYMENT OF $400 WAS CLEARED FOR RELEASE YESTERDAY (Nov 14) SO THIS IS A PROCESS THAT DOES APPLY SPECIFICALLY TO YOUR SITE AS WELL AS TO THE NETWORK (I heard all affiliates are affected)." So the client did make payment but Linkshare did not pay us. Is this Linkshare problem or the client? Where is the check?
Linkshare finally reply:
" Thank you for your thoughtful reply - I will forward your comments on to the eBusiness group at JPMorgan Chase. "
Nothing yet up to date (Nov 22) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
To repeat, this is "Chase Manhattan Bank USA", a reputable company. Reply from Linkshare, another reputable company (or is it?)
[This message was edited by salesworks on November 23, 2002 at 05:31 AM.]
[This message was edited by salesworks on November 23, 2002 at 05:40 AM.]
November 29th, 2002, 02:41 PM #2
- Join Date
- January 17th, 2005
I got my last check from Chase today. I think its for June or July...very delayed.
By Ryan Gilbert in forum Webgains.comReplies: 0Last Post: October 15th, 2010, 09:41 AM
By jackon in forum Commission Junction - CJReplies: 3Last Post: May 31st, 2006, 03:08 PM
By microdot in forum Commission Junction - CJReplies: 48Last Post: July 25th, 2002, 09:17 AM