Here's my list for Linkshare. FYI. Just trying to help you all. No commission after 100 clicks. Feel Free to add to the list of Suspicious Merchants. Some may not agree with my list, but I'm just posting these results FYI (Be careful)

1-800-FLOWERS.COM
    babystyle - estyle
    Buy.com
    Office Depot
    Overstock.com
    PassionUp
    Sharper Image
    TheBabyOutlet
    999central.com
    CD Universe
    Martha Stewart Living
    World Wrestling Entertainment

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Didn't WWE end their program a month or so ago?

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

Hey Sal yes they did... World Wrestling Entertainment ended there program but I just put there stats from Linkshare reports so affiliates know.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

ABW Ambassador
    1800 Flowers
    Overstock
    Buy.com

Have converted with those in the past.

Sales are everywhere, sales are mine.

Thanks TrustNo1. I think It's a good idea to do this, since it's the end of the year almost, and affiliates can know in advance which merchants convert. This list is not to put any merchants down, it's just an update to which merchants are honest, Looks like Overstock does convert for others. Guess I just had a bad year premoting them. Feel free to post any other Merchants here or feel free to let us know if any of the merchants above do convert after a certain amount of clicks. Thanks I think this is good for the new affiliates getting started as those who been here for a long time.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

ABW Ambassador
    I get a sale about every 40 clicks at Overstock and have an overall EPC of $13.00. I often seem to have gaps of 100 plus clicks with no sales. Despite all the raving about Office Depot, I haven't seen a sale after 150 clicks. I am not really pushing them. Coldwater Creek is in the same boat 134 clicks. REI is another heart breaker.

Unfortunately, I don't think 100 clicks is a sufficient test. That is why we need to push for more transparency of the network data. I am tired of wasting time on merchants with a low or non existent EPC.

Protophoto - Short Stories

I don't think "100 clicks" is a sufficient stat to decide especially in this parasite and "phone orders" environment.

One other thing though; As far as I know the following have discontinued their affiliate programs at LS.
    PassionUp
    999central.com
    CD Universe
    Martha Stewart Living
    World Wrestling Entertainment

Overstock proved to be a "sleeper" for me. 1st sale after about 250 clicks, but accelarated later to 5 order on 89 clicks in this December so far.

hmm I did not get any notice about these merchants being deactivated!

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

ABW Ambassador
    Here are my poorest converting LS merchants since Sept 1. (Based on convertion rate and epc. I'll only list those with over 300 click thrus. epc is rounded to nearest 10 cents):

American Express (epc $0.00)

babystyle/estyle (epc $4.40, a decent epc but they used to convert over 1% of traffic when they had coupons)

Buy.com (epc $1.60)

Internet Florist (epc $1.70)

Overstock.com (epc $1.70)

Sharper Image (epc $0.60)

The usual disclaimers apply (past performance is no guarantee of future results...)

Passion-up - is still around - use to convert good, barely make enough to get a check now each month but does convert.

Baby Style/Estyle - was the biggest disappointment for me. Thought it would of rocked with my traffic but did nothing! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Sharper Image - probably converts like it should for me. I don't send them alot of TARGETED traffic but sales roll in every now and then.

Overstock - Did ok for me when I did use them. I pulled their links for personal reasons. I did make enough when I was using them to get a check. I donated that to Elisabeth for the Nov 7 meeting. Hopefully just links are removed temporary. Kind of sucks because they would of rocked last month on a couple of my targeted pages. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Other disappointments for me are:

Silhouettes
    ABC Inkjets ( Use to Rock )
    LandsEnd

I've successfully promoted some of the merchants you list. Here are my MTD conversion ratios from the merchants you listed that I promote:

1-800-FLOWERS.COM: 5.12%
    babystyle - estyle: 1.68%
    Buy.com: 2.7%
    Office Depot: 3.97%
    Overstock.com: 2.83%
    Sharper Image: 2.89%

100 clicks is WAY TO FEW to get accurate results in most cases.

Also, your site demographics and what you promote makes a HUGE difference. Target, target, target... (And I'm not talking about the store.)

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Everything I have ever done via Linksnare has been terrible. Some I have made money on, but I should of made more. I am personally certain of this due to the generous amount of times I have attempted to use them only to be greeted by a bottom line that that is always left wanting. It is not in my mind that it is a simple coincidence that equal products and services exposed via other networks consistently out-perform Linksnare by 50% in the least, and this is when the traffic is from the same sources! I have sent 100s of thousands via Linksnare and though my business may be classified as small, I would say that I am qualified to an extreme degree (being $ lost) to make this statement, and I have heard nothing short of this from anyone else when the figures from other networks are held to the light in comparison....I have no confidence in them. None.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread