Hi Everyone,

I've been away from the message board for a while, but I come back bearing good news. Our Orbitz Search box is up and ready for Affiliate use. The search box is very similar to the current tool on our home page.

Orbitz Home Page

Now, your sites' users will be able to search for Orbitz low air fares right from your site. Please set aside a 300x250 space to accommodate the box.

Thanks for your patience as we developed this tool and continue to develop others for you.

Blagica
    (blah-gee-tsa)
    affiliates@orbitz.com

ABW Ambassador
    Your code does not work... ho hum....

Hi Blagica, good to see you back here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Could you clarify something. In your email that announced the search box, you also write this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> PLEASE NOTE: If you are planning to test this link out and end up making a purchase, you will not receive commissions, as the link is coded for our test affiliate account!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If i read it correctly, you say that the search box is available yet will not track? I'm sure I'm missing something here. Could you clarify please? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    ah, seems to be working now...

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> PLEASE NOTE: If you are planning to test this link out and end up making a purchase, you will not receive commissions, as the link is coded for our test affiliate account <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?

Hi Everyone,

A couple of things that should clear this issue up for you:

1) The example of the search box was embedded in the e-mail via Linkshare. This means that if you try to conduct a purchase from the e-mail, the Linkshare account will get the commission, not your site. Be sure to copy the code to your site and everything will work smoothly.

2) When trying to TEST the search box from the Linkshare interface, you will receive an error. My tech. team at Linkshare is aware of this and will make fixes soon...most likely early 2003 as there is a code freeze for the end of this year. When the code is copied to YOUR site, the search box works just fine.

Copy and paste away! Enjoy the weekend.

Blagica-
    (blah-gee-tsa)
    affiliates@orbitz.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread