Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere yet, but Linkshare is bringing Art.com onboard.
    Just received an e-mail sent to all Art.com affiliates letting us know all tracking etc will be handled by Linkshare starting in a few weeks.

Game on!!!!

I guess all things eventually come full circle...

http://freecloud.com/

Yes they say they are RETURNING to linkshare.
    I guess they forget why they left in the first place.
    What a HUGE step back.
    Oh well, there is always allposters.com and all the others.
    I cant IMAGINE why art.com would do something so stupid.

I wonder if they might now pay us the commissions they stuck us for when they left Linkshare in the first place!

Nick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nick farrell:
    I wonder if they might now pay us the commissions they stuck us for when they left Linkshare in the first place!

Nick<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been told by MANY merchants that when they left LS, LS refused to give them their info and they had no way to PAY affiliates. You will see this alot with the quickly-exiting merchants from LS.

ABW Ambassador
    "I cant IMAGINE why art.com would do something so stupid."

I'm sorry, why is using LS stupid for Art.com?

What does LS do that makes this a bad deal for them?

BTW: I suspect that Art.com network hops specifically to cheat affiliates of commissions. I trust them about as far as I can throw Van Gogh.

Missoula - Short Stories

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,

Art.com, formerly AllWall.com, purchased the Art.com URL from Getty Images in May of 2001. The name is the same but the company entirely different. AllWall.com ran a very successful in-house program for many years before deciding to offer their affiliates the expanded functionality they will have with LinkShare.

Thanks,
    Sarah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> AllWall.com ran a very successful in-house program for many years before deciding to offer their affiliates the expanded functionality they will have with LinkShare.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That works for me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"Then join hand in hand brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall." - John Dickinson, 1768

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

So I will have to change all my art.com links, or I can be lazy and just give art.com the commission-free sales. Thanks a lot art.com! There have been many discussions of art.com vs. allposters, and now I realize why I always argued on the side of allposters, even though everyone else claimed they had higher conversions with art.com. How many people will lose commissions because their links are out of date? Thank you soo much art.com, enjoy your commission-free sales that will come from me, because I'm not going to change all my links. I can assure you there won't be too many sales, because from this day on I don't plan on promoting art.com anymore.

Here's what I said to Art.com when I got the announcement:

"Will I be able to continue using my Art.com product links and Virtual Stores without modification after the switchover? If not, I'll have to reconsider my participation in the Art.com affiliate program. Art.com is a nice source of incremental income, but the editorial content that drives my travel-related affiliate earnings comes first, and I just don't have time to reinvent the wheel right now. (I've been expanding both my site and my traffic steadily, and editorial development is my #1 priority for the foreseeable future.)"

The Art.com Web site now states that:

1) All links have to be converted by Nov. 8 or they'll stop earning commissions; and...

2) The LinkShare program's commission rate is 10%.

Unless they grandfather current affiliates, I'm outta there. (Art.com is a nice source of additional "make money while you sleep" revenues, but I earn far more income from travel-related programs.)

If allposters keep their commission at 20-25% they are going to take the entire market share - who the hell in their right mind would sign up with art now!

Art.com are making a BIG mistake here - I hope they can sell posters to their own site visitors - they sure aren't going to get much traffic from affiliates in the future!

For those looking for another posters merchant, I have a free allposters.pl script for those who want to quickly add a posters section to their site using allposters.com -- you can select specific poster categories (up to 50,000+ posters) that you want and also customize it with a template to match the look and feel of your site. You can run it on a Windows machine or Linux server.

Disclaimer: There's no charge to use the script, however, in order to cover my development costs and ongoing support for this script, I ask people who want to use it to sign up as a sub-affiliate under me. If interested, see details at my webpage at http://www.cusimano.com/scripts/allposters/

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

amazon.pl XML - add amazon XML to your site without having to know anything about XML

Hello Everyone,

Heather at Art.com here. I need to step in with some information...

1. Current Art.com affiliates moving over to the program with LinkShare will do so at their current commission rates (20-25%.) Commissions for current affiliates will NOT be lowered.

2. The new, 10% offer through LinkShare includes 10 return days. The 20-25% offer did not include any return days.

3. Affiliates transitioning over are welcome to keep their current commission structure *and* to test out the new 10% and 10 return day structure to see which works better with their customers/visitors.

We are looking to make this transition as easy as possible for folks. You can reach us at affiliates@art.com with any questions that you have.

Thanks,

Heather Vacek
    Channel Programs Manager
    Art.com

Heather;

I'm glad you've shown up here to give Art.com's part of the story.

Is it really true that as of 11/9, we will no longer get credit for sales through the old links?

If so, why would you not extend that date through Christmas? Don't you think you are going to lose sales as a result?

I mean, I have a TON of things on my to-do list as I try to maximize earnings this holiday season. Now I'm supposed to add "changing the coding of every one of my Art.com links" to that list? OK, but that goes to the very bottom of my list because, quite frankly, I'm ticked off that you blindsided me with this, and it makes me feel like you don't value my relationship at all.

Obviously, if I don't update my links, you and I both lose, during the busiest selling season of the year.

Why would you want to create a situation like this?

- Ed

If they had any sense, they'd find a way to redirect existing links (while tracking the affiliate's referrals) instead of requiring that affiliates rebuild Virtual Stores from scratch and/or recode anywhere from dozens to hundreds of links by hand.

I've taken a look at Mr. Cusimano's script, and it's intriguing--especially since AllPosterss.com appears to have more posters on my topics than Art.com does.

Just a thought. I have just clicked on a link to Art.com from my site and the resulting page is a redirect with no mention of my Aff.ID. http://www.art.com/asp/display-asp/_...no/posters.htm There is no mention of my AF ID on this URL so I asume any sales are NOT going to be credited to me. Is this the correct way to do business or am I mistaken?

4699 is not my Aff ID

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    In the email i got today, you have to change your links over. But you will remain at the 25% commission level. The 10% is for new affiliates.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:
    Just a thought. I have just clicked on a link to Art.com from my site and the resulting page is a redirect with no mention of my Aff.ID. http://www.art.com/asp/display-asp/_...no/posters.htm There is no mention of my AF ID on this URL so I asume any sales are _NOT_ going to be credited to me. Is this the correct way to do business or am I mistaken?

4699 is not _my_ Aff ID
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gordon,

The 4699 is the category id. They sent an email today explaining that your affiliate id no longer carries across multiple pages like it did but you still get credit for the sales. I have had sales since they changed their site so don't worry it is tracking.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

I have not received any e-mail from them so thank you for explaining it for me Heidi.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

They sent an email today explaining that your affiliate id no longer carries across multiple pages like it did but you still get credit for the sales.

I haven't received this email either though I have received a couple of others. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I have a feeling I've missed others along the way too, since I don't seem to have got the whole picture of what's going on here or what I'm supposed to be doing - or its been badly explained - I'm not sure which.

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

For the record, I have just received an email from them regarding a datafeed. Seems they are going to participating in the merchandiser program once they go live with linkshare.

Game on!!!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm extremely frustrated with this situation.

I received no instructions from art.com on how to convert my existing in-house links to Linkshare links.

So I went to Linkshare's site (I'm already a LS affiliate) and 'joined' the art.com program through them. At no time was I asked for my existing art.com affiliate ID. But I joined anyway because I wanted to take a look at the structure of the new links. I was hoping that converting might be a simple matter of search-replace. It doesn't appear that will be possible, and the sample product links I generated simply don't work. They don't even land on a default art.com page, they land on a Linkshare error page.

And there's nowhere that I can see where I can add my art.com affiliate ID so that my account is identified as one of the grandfathered (20 percent commission) accounts.

I've written to art.com's affiliate program twice requesting instructions for how to convert my links, and have not yet received a reply.

I've always been a big fan of art.com, but so far I'm very unimpressed with the way this transition is being handled. If support and documentation don't improve soon I will probably just nuke my existing links and start over with allposters.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Rhea,

Please send me an email at abw@linkshare.com and include your LinkShare account username. I'll make sure the appropriate people at Art.com get in touch to address your needs.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

-- Too bad ART.COM is not willing to work with their new affiliates.

I just signed up recently, did a whole bunch of work for them and they refuse to work with me on the comission %. The 20% is ONLY for grandfathered affiliates - even if I become a good producer they appear to be unwilling to move on this.... No tiered comission programs or anything!

I tell ya, ALLPOSTERS is looking very good right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast