Just another winner... San Francisco Music Box. It's no doubt a shame. They used to perform well and pay, but doesn't seem so any more.

Haven't had a sale with SFMB in a while but I have noticed that I haven't received a newsletter from them in quite a while and yesterday saw that their products links have disappeared off CJ. If you have any product links up, they probably aren't working.

I made a purchase through a SFMB link recently. It tracked fine and [crossing fingers] hasn't been reversed.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

ABW Ambassador
    It's amusing that one has to buy something to get a sale. Hope you enjoy whatever it was that no one else seems to want to buy.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Someone I know applied there ages ago...no response for over a month now!

Now their name shows up under "reversals due to non-payment!

Sucks, it looked like they may be of interest. But when the Payment issue happens--my interest evaporates.

~Revenue is King

And they are still listed as an active merchant so we can get scammed some more if we don't remove the links. I wrote to cj asking why they are still active when they haven't paid affiliates for over 2 months now - no answer.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

They have deactivated

Yup its official now and they finally answered my message about them too. Amazing how quickly that happens after posting here.......

Heidi

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Buh-bye.

I'm kind of surprised about that one actually disappearing (as opposed to just being hard to sell their stuff, which I expected). I thought SFMB was a fairly big and stable company since they're in all the malls around here. I wonder if those stores are going to stay open?

On the bright side, I get to crow to someone tonight that my Dud Merchant Detector was RIGHT, heh heh heh... (I had predicted that their products would be a hard sell. Although not to the point of their program going belly-up!)

~Revenue is King

Leader - I've heard that many of the mall locations have closed in recent months. As I've not stepped foot in my local mall in over 2 years I have no idea about around here. I much prefer shopping online

Heidi

I also heard that they had closed quite a few shops nationwide. As well, I noticed that they're having less and less products on their website.

Hard to tell whether or not their products are a hard sell. My stats show that they WERE doing extremely well around the holidays, and just OK otherwise.

Really don't care if they would come back anymore... I'm pulling all their links... they don't have much of what I want to promote anyway.

I applied 2 years ago and I'm still waiting...

Affiliate Manager
    Post Day Late and Dollar Short??
    Hey All,

I am new to ABW but I hope I can still jump in and give my 2 cents on our program. We are running with MyAffiliateProgram and have been since July of 2005. We've been able to pay our affiliates a lot more and build a better relationship through this network.

I send out affiliate emails at least once a month that provide coupon ad media to all of our affiliates. Our HTML emails have the coupons (and other ad media) included so you can pull the links right from the email and do not need to login to your affiliate account.

I review our affiliate applications on a daily basis and we pay our affiliates once a month via check or PayPal. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know - affmgr@sfmusicbox.com

I was asked by several affiliates why they were not accepted into our program and many times, it is because their site is an international site (currently we only ship to the US), HOWEVER, I have great news, we are going to start shipping internationally later this year. I will keep you posted.

If you do not have the link to apply to our program, please let me know and I will gladly send it along.

Warm Regards,
    Sarah

Day Late and Dollar Short??

Day late?

How about four years late?

Bumping a post from June 12th, 2003, 10:56 AM?

Affiliate Manager
    Unhappy
    As I said in my other post...I am sure it is way too late but I hate to let things go unanswered, forever, especially when we were not active on ABW.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Jones
    As I said in my other post...I am sure it is way too late but I hate to let things go unanswered, forever, especially when we were not active on ABW.
    ABW has grown a bit since 2003; note the number of lurkers that are not signed in but hanging on every word. Good moderation keeps the spam and noise level down.

Nice to see this communication start.

Affiliate Manager
    Red face
    Thanks Herb, I plan to stay involved from this point moving forward.

Warm Regards,
    S

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread