i think it is one good payment method to all affiliates....

Doug Applegate

ABW Ambassador
    cuz paypal is garbage? I wouldn't trust paypal with $$$$$$ ...

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    They also don't support fully global membership, another company that thinks 75% of the world are fraudsters and thieves...

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, the old joseph came out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I'm not sure why they don't offer it, I guess it would be more trouble than its worth for them. There have been a lot of "issues" with paypal in the past, maybe it is better now..and..well ebay...

It may be a good option for international affiliates, but, for US, I'd rather have direct
    deposit or checks.

To me, paypal would somehow take away from the professionalism of Linksahre, but, thats just my opinion, maybe thats not the general opinion of paypal.

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Joseph,

Wouldn't help many Internatial affiliates as they don't support the whole world.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Paypal would be an alternative to the paper checks, but I would prefer, that I could add my bank information to my account to allow merchants to utilize direct deposit. I hate paper checks, but I have to accept them, because money is money.

Same for BeFree, to be fair.
    They state - Contact the Merchant directly, We are not involved in this and do not care -.

I am a german who moved a few years ago to the US and I am still amazed, how much money gets transfered via paper checks here.

I saw my parents using checks when I was a kid and got my first check book when I opened my own checking account. I returned it (unused) when I closed the account prior my move to the US years later. To be honest, it was not clear to me, what I should use the checks for. I learned it quickly after I moved to the US though.

There is an invention called computer and things like networks to allow electronic transactions without having hand written or computer printed paper things involved.

Enhanced ATM's (called computer terminals) to allow electronic transactions (performed in 1-3 business days MAX) to transfer money from one Bank account to annother via Routing Code (and Swift code for international transactions) plus Account No. are also available for several years (in europe). International Transactions (US to anywhere else) are expenisve, if done electronically. Only god knows why.

What I do not understand is, that it is cheaper to go to the Bank, get a cashier check, pay the fee. Send it to Europe (pay the stamps). Cash it there (and pay the extra fee for showing up with a paper check), than wire the money via computer to the target account. Its cheaper to have xx humans involved in this and performing manual labor than max. 2 persons looking at a computer screen and press OK. Did I miss something?

Paper checks cost money. A lot of money.
    There should be an interest of the merchant to reduce manual labor for that.

What other multi billion companies are doing with 2-3 people is done by a legion of employees here in the US (okay.. the unemployment rate in the US is lower though.. figures).

Thats one of the big reasons why I do prefer CJ and Performics over BeFree and Linkshare.

[This message was edited by Carsten, Shop-Links on December 17, 2002 at 01:24 AM.]

[This message was edited by Carsten, Shop-Links on December 17, 2002 at 01:26 AM.]

[This message was edited by Carsten, Shop-Links on December 17, 2002 at 01:36 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Direct Deposit into a bank account is the best method I have seen. I use Paypal as well which is, at best, equal or less than a paper check because transferance of any funds througfh Paypal to (or from) a bank account takes, on average, 4 days.

Does PayPal charge any fees to affiliates for receiving the merchant payment?

PayPal's "Standard Rate" is 2.9% + $.30 per receiving transaction with Premier and Business accounts. But, if the payment is made from a PayPal account funded by a bank (not by credit card), it is possible to receive the funds with a free ("Personal") account.

Peter Kirby
    Domain Name Registration Directory

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Kirby:
    PayPal's "Standard Rate" is 2.9% + $.30 per receiving transaction with Premier and Business accounts. But, if the payment is made from a PayPal account funded by a bank (not by credit card), it is possible to receive the funds with a free ("Personal") account.

Peter Kirby
    http://www.domain-name-registration-...></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I know, personal account has a receiving limit of 100$/month. So it doesn't work for me.

Why would I give a cut of my commissions to PayPal? I'll take DirectDeposit and even checks.

I agree. Direct deposit is better.

Peter Kirby
    Domain Name Registration Directory

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread