Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I have noticed that no checks for any of our partners (and we have a large number of partners) have had checks cut to merchants in the month of December.

Mind you, checks have been received from merchants to linkshare at the end of November and throughout December...but linkshare has not cut a single check to us...

Is the A/P department on leave or am I the only one noticing this?

ABW Ambassador
    I've noticed this too. I haven't seen any checks in awhile.

Sales are everywhere, Sales are mine.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Survey Man:
    I have noticed that no checks for any of our partners (and we have a large number of partners) have had checks cut to merchants in the month of December.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Currently waiting for October checks from Coldwater Creek and Overstock.com--both have been submitted to LS, but not yet paid out.

Michael

Payments for October are MIA here.

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,

There was a delay in posting invoices and affiliate payment information to merchants for the month of October. As a result, you may receive your commission payments up to a week later than normal. LinkShare is doing our best to expedite affiliate check cutting this month to minimize payment delays to affiliates.

In terms of the merchant's mentioned here - LinkShare received Coldwater Creek's October payment on 11.27.02, and affiliate payments are going out this week. For Overstock, we received their payment on 12.02.02 - once we receive a merchant's payment, it typically takes 10 business days to process and distribute individual affiliate payments. Your Payment Report will be updated with your check information when we mail your payment.

Thanks,
    Sarah

For all affiliates, here is the scenario of how checks get done at Linkshare:

Must be all those girls on their Underwood typewriters doing the hunting pecker method.

1 check.. align check in typewriter... 5 minutes to find keys... Oops Error.. 4 minutes to find white out... 4 minutes to use back space key and retype.

Ok, Next winter for checks gang!

PS.

Linkshare can't even put the information about the merchant and dollar amount on the tear off... I know.. That would take another 3 minutes and time is money baby!

10 days to cut a check is, frankly, ridiculous.
    So is the way Linkshare cuts off sales on the last couple of days in a month.

If you wonder why most of our business is with CJ, think about this:

For a transaction with BackcountryStore on 10/31, we received a direct deposit payment on 11/20.

For a transaction with Overtock on 9/30, we're still awaiting payment on 12/11, and it will be another 10-14 before the check comes.

3 weeks or 3 months. Which would you choose?

Things that make you go, hmmmmm.

LinkShare Moderator <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There was a delay in posting invoices and affiliate payment information to merchants for the month of October. As a result, you may receive your commission payments up to a week later than normal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then why the heck don't you send out an email telling us this? Why wait until people get mad about being paid late?

AAnn

AAnnAArchy

That would take someone to go get on that old Underwood typewriter and I've already told you they are busy pecking the checks out..

Don't wish for them to get distracted.:D

Sarah, I love you - but.

These folks above make some good points. The tear off part of the check would look sooo much better with merchant info, nothing big, just "Bare Necessities - October 2002"

Yes, a little e-mail saying "...things are slower (the process) than usual, but we're on it."

And while I am at it, let me give you my little pet peeve - SPAM on the internal e-mail system. Can we work on that too?

Thanks Sarah xxooo

Fred

10 business days since Linkshare rec. the Oct. Overstock payment, and still, the payment screen for October is showing Awaiting Payment.

I thought Xmas was slow...

I agree, I too have earned quite a bit of earnings with their affiliates and haven't seen a payment in a while, not to mention the same has happened with performics which i should have been paid from as well.

ABW Ambassador
    I am actually very disappointed in LinkShare. I've been doing this (affiliate marketing) for a few months--LinkShare started out strong, but is really lagging right now.

Overstock.com paid LS towards the end of November, and the report says it was received on 12/2 (a mixup at OS contributed to this, I hear, though). However, it's now 12/15 and nothing has been sent--at least nothing is reported as being sent.

Chris at Mondera and Shawn at Overstock.com have both said they've submitted their payments to LinkShare this month, but neither has shown up in the reports. What's up?

I am sorely disapoined in LS right now. I was hoping for some income to come through by the end of December to help offset the price of a business computer on our taxes. I never thought for a minute that I'd still be waiting for my October Overstock.com payment.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    Michael,

Just be glad that your new and havent been burned by the multitude of LS Merchants who filed Chapter 11 and left us all holding the bag.

Altough ... Late payments suck ... Not being paid at all is worse [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Dave

ABW Ambassador
    You are absolutely correct...No affiliate partner should have to still be waiting for an October payment past December. That is simply and completely unacceptable, even with business terms. 45 days should be the maxiumum you should ever have to float a partner for...

Hi All,

Again, we apologize for the delay in October payments. LinkShare did include a notification in our last affiliate newsletter, sent at the end of November. My accounting department has indicated that the October Overstock payments are being mailed today - look for your Payment Report to be updated shortly.

Thanks,
    Sarah

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thanks Sarah for the clarification.

Buy-Online said: "And while I am at it, let me give you my little pet peeve"

She probably heard something on the LS grapevine from my "pet peeve".... Charlie. He played the bad guy over the weekend seeking his allowance. Notice the $15.99 he got me to spend on a new rope swing he's already chewed to shreds. It costs me more than that as he ate 1/2 lb of sunflower seeds while I wasn't looking in the Pet shop and yelled "put in on my Linkshare account".

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Thanks Sarah ! And when are we going to see Bare Necessities please?

Fred

Hi buy_online,

According to my accounting department, we have received Bare Necessities October payments and will be working to process individual payments - look for your payment reports to be updated shortly.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thank you Sarah...Have a great Christmas!

Fred

Thanks for the update Sarah.

Now for the big question...what ever happened to the long wire transfers???

Happy Holidays!

Make that long AWAITED wire transfers...

Any idea when the Sharper Image checks will be going out?

Hi AAnnAArchy -

According to the Merchant Payment History report, we received SharperImage's October payment on December 18. It typically takes 10 business days to process and distribute individual affiliate checks.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Sarah,

But you said that because you reported late to the merchants that you were trying to get the checks out faster. I guess it really doesn't matter anymore since we won't have the checks for Xmas shopping.

I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding why Linkshare can't process the payments to affiliates on the same day they get paid by the merchants. You guys do have computers, right?

I really love the whole affiliate marketing thing, but just absolutely hate the delays of payment processing.

AAnn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast