Is cameraworld and photoalley the same merchant?

I'm tempted by the new commission rate but have lost my faith in photoalley beyond repair. (unless there is money to be made)

I believe that cameraworld bought photoalley and moved them onto LS because they [cameraworld] were already on LS. FWIW - I'm sure you can expect a higher performance level from photoalley now that they are on LS.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    I believe that cameraworld bought photoalley and moved them onto LS because they [cameraworld] were already on LS. FWIW - I'm sure you can expect a higher performance level from photoalley now that they are on LS.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the poor performance and bait and switch behavior the site had on CJ, I would not join PhotoAlley without having some type of published performance metric to judge the site by.

LinkShare, don't you see, affiliates cannot make rational decisions without published performance metrics. It might be a good program, but unless I can see a global EPC or other such metric, I would say don't touch either program with a ten foot pole.

You are better off taking your gambles with lower quality CJ merchants (with published EPCs) than insane gambles on LS merchants.

boom!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The only hope for all those LS camera merchants is if Ritz Cameras doesn't resort to the aggregrator tactics of Global Sports Inc.(GSI). The need an across the board cookie duration of 30 days and a "top sellers" & closeout land page to do anything.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Round up:

Ritz Interactive owns and manages RitzCamera.com (flagship camera site), CameraWorld.com, PhotoAlley.com, and WolfCamera.com.

See: RITZ INTERACTIVE ACQUIRES CAMERAWORLD.COM WEBSITE (May 6, 2002)

See: RITZ INTERACTIVE ACQUIRES MAJOR E-COMMERCE COMPETITOR PHOTOALLEY.COM (Apr 8, 2002)

See: RITZ INTERACTIVE ACQUIRES WOLFCAMERA.COM (Oct 12, 2001)

Oops, I got it backwards but I knew that it was a takeover issue .

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread