Has anyone else had horrible sales in the past week at Linkshare? I sold over 40k in the month of December, but about $500 in the past week even though with the Google update, I've had about twice the traffic. Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

AAnn

I've seen slow sales from linkshare and reporting.net -- the rest seem to be about normal and where they should be. Maybe some of the merchants are behind on reporting due to the holiday week?

ABW Ambassador
    Doing great so far except for Performics. Was converting 1/18 and so far this month i have 2 sales outta 180 clicks, but its too early to tell, might get some sales tomorrow. I've found the best thing to do is try not to worry about a single days sales or a weeks sales.
    The month just started out its to early to tell how things are going. To see how im doing i compare the current month (when it's over) to the previous month, thats a better indication.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

I have had the same, which I put down to people not shopping for my products over Xmas and (more likely) merchants not being very good about updating over the holiday period.

AAnn, I think it's mostly the fact that consumers are shopped out. E-commerce was a tremendous success right through the holidays, but keep a lookout for stats for weeks after the holidays and you'll see tremendous drop-offs.

What merchants did you see the biggest sales from? What types of purchases? Gifts? If so, there's your answer.

AffiliateGuy,

My sales generally wouldn't have been gifts, which is why the end of the month sales drop-offs (it happened in October & November too) are really annoying. My traffic has tripled since 1/1 and the click-thru ratios have improved tremendously, so the lack of sales is quite disconcerting. I'm thinking maybe I'll just try to go straight to the manufacturer and make a deal so I don't have to trouble Linkshare with difficulty of writing out a check. I've yet to receive payment for end of September/October sales. That's no way to run a business.

AAnn

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Until the gifting category merchants purge themselves of "incented" BHO hijackers ..you'll not see much relief in this catagory. Only defense is to push non-parasite merchants with direct product links til the networks enforce the CoC.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Webmaster Mike <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Until the gifting category merchants purge themselves of "incented" BHO hijackers ..you'll not see much relief in this catagory. Only defense is to push non-parasite merchants with direct product links til the networks enforce the CoC.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I would love to be able to push a non-parasite merchant, my love of the products I sell won't let me switch to other merchandise. They're products I believe in, which makes selling them a joy versus just a way to make money. Sure, they're high-end products and the commissions are large, but I own these products and love them and think everyone else should too. So, warts and all, it's either Linkshare or the manufacturer. I don't want to concentrate on too many other products.

AAnn

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread