no sales since 1/4 but click-thrus are being tracked.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    What year?

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

LOL 2003 of course

ABW Ambassador
    Actually the reports are missing several days entireley for December still and several more that are incorrect still...January is only the same problem still. I am hoping they get it corrected soon to date.

Well I just did a Non Commission Report for December and Jan and wish I didn't. I show over $4000.00 from Dell in No-commissions because of their 1 day cookie. Jeeesh, I need to stay the hell away from that report. Always puts me in a bad mood.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaPackster:
    Well I just did a Non Commission Report for December and Jan and wish I didn't. I show over $4000.00 from Dell in No-commissions because of their 1 day cookie. Jeeesh, I need to stay the hell away from that report. Always puts me in a bad mood. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I feel your pain. I had $32,000 in non-commisionable sales in Dec. for Dell. This really sucks.

Maggie
    maggie@dealhunting.com
    http://www.dealhunting.com

Wow Maggie! Jeeesh, I feel your pain alot more than mine now. I guess computers are an item that people will look around for deals all day or several days before making a purchase so the one day cookie for something like a Dell computer is an unfair justice to the affiliates. I guess I can't blame it on them because I am stupid enough to stay with them.

Time to drop them an email however and let them know what I think about it.

Hey Linkshare, why not throw a term in your TOS that a 10 day cookie is the minimum duration????

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaPackster:
    Well I just did a Non Commission Report for December and Jan and wish I didn't. I show over $4000.00 from Dell in No-commissions because of their 1 day cookie. Jeeesh, I need to stay the hell away from that report. Always puts me in a bad mood. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sigh, you should never have mentioned this here.

BTW the january sales are up for me now.

Lol Bit, sorry your right I shouldn't of mentioned it! Depressing huh. Anyways I'm glad your sales are up again!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Not Linkshare's or BeFree's fault that Dell is the diversion champ. IBM ran a internal study on all there online purchases and found it took 7 visits to their IBM site to close any sale. Mike Dell read that report and told the outsourced AM to keep the one day cookie.

Combine the hidden crossovers on the one site to similar products in small biz and Home systems that kill the referral cookie and you have real conversion headaches. Add in live help buttons, 800#'s, incented return customer spiffs and NO product linking you have the all time diversion champ. OPPPS I forgot they only cut checks every 90 days, regardless of the monthly payout spin, if begged. Then there is the parasite dedication from Dell since they know normal affiliates can't convert and the cherry pickers advertise Dell on any domain or SE.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

I wish you'd never told me about that report

Put up Dell links at the start of the month and already show $2200 non-commissionable.

Oh well, time to replace that with something else.

Mark......

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/

I watched two people order computers through my links, and I didn't get one red cent for it, they never even had the courtesy to reply to my emails. Dell may make some of the best pc's on the market, but the only way I sell em is through tigerdirect.

How about 30 return days and starting at 4% commission on all computers, everything commissionable.

Join through linkshare for AIPCS Systems Technologies, Inc.

Promote our $459.00 Complete Desktop Shipped and maximize your earnings this month!

"www.aipcs.com" - Experience the Power of the Future Today

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread