I ask this because they require a w-9. I have created another site and wish to create another account.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim252:
    I ask this because they require a w-9. I have created another site and wish to create another account.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you go into your account, you can add multiple sites under your existing, then once you've added it, there's a drop down on create links to pick your 2nd site and it adds a number after the subid= part of the code so you'll know which site is generating the revenue.

my new site is totaly different so if I add a site in the same account merchants I apply to for my new site they will think it will be for the other one (since I can only have 1 site in the My Account area), and I might get rejected.

ABW Ambassador
    I wish the applications had a place that affiliates could leave a note for the AM when they apply for a site. Then you could get more specific on what you want to do, and which sites the merchant will be on.

I figure that I just have to go through email hassles when I get rejected. Having multiple accounts is a hassle.

boom!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim252:
    my new site is totaly different so if I add a site in the same account merchants I apply to for my new site they will think it will be for the other one (since I can only have 1 site in the My Account area), and I might get rejected.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you're right about that. It should be a concern, though I can't figure out why I my site was rejected last year for a couple of different ones, I reapplied last week after adding another site more in focus with their product lines and got the auto-reject immediately - I thought that they could see you had more than one site, but I guess not. I dropped them emails, but I kind of doubt I'll ever hear anything back, though yintercept's note sounds encouraging.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Jim252,

Yes, you may create a separate account for each URL that you manage. Keeping sites separate allows you to better monitor your performance, and merchants often look at the URL associated with an affiliate account - when approving an affiliate for their program, monitoring performance, offering incentives, etc. As mentioned here, there are other alternatives to registering separate accounts. One way to manage multiple sites is by creating "Sub Affiliate" accounts to track activity separately for each website. This can be done in the "Sub Affiliate" area of your account by adding website domain names and URLs. When generating link code, you can easily switch between sub-sites using a dropdown menu. Reports will reflect sales activity for each sub-site, but they will not include impression and click activity. Another option is to use our Signature Technology, and further information about that program may be found in the Affiliate Resource Center.

In terms of the tax forms - all affiliates are required to fill out a W-9 form, regardless of how much is earned. As we need to send those who earn over $600 a 1099 form, we cannot release these payments until after we have your W-9 on record. Collected earnings are based on your Tax ID - so if you manage multiple accounts, we look at earnings across accounts based on your Tax ID.

Hope this helps - please let me know if you have further questions.
    Sarah

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread