I am trying to create individual links with Linkshare, and when I test them they aren't working. It just takes me to a "Page cannot be found" page. Does anyone know what's causing this? I am on my sister's computer, and she does have Kazaa Lite on it. I deleted all the blocked servers in the HOST file, but my Linkshare links still won't work. Does anyone know what's going on? If I noticed this problem and tried to fix it and it still doesn't work, then I have to figure there are probably many more people out there that have the same problem and don't even know about it (that means lost sales for us).

If you’re using the LinkBuilder feature at LinkShare, you need to give the link enough time to start working. I’ve found that a link can sometimes take up to 30 minutes before it will start to work.

Not sure if that’s the problem, just a thought

I am using the "Individual Product" links (it doesn't seem to matter what merchant I use, none of them work. I just choose an individual product link from the ones that they give me, but then when I test it out the link doesn't work. I am not sure if this is the "Linkbuilder" that you are referring to or not. I'll try waiting before testing the link out, but I still doubt it will work.

15 years and counting
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>emione -I’ve found that a link can sometimes take up to 30 minutes before it will start to work. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I agree with that but the link will redirect you to the merchant's home page not a "404" page.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Well I tried waiting 30 minutes or so before testing the link and it actually worked! I guess I can start using these links again. Thank you so much.

Zeus – I’ve found that LinkBuilder links act different from one merchant to the next. Sometimes the link will temporarily go to the merchant’s home page, sometimes to a default LinkShare page and sometimes a ‘404’.

David11982 – Glad it started working for you

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread