Well I don't know about the rest of you but I think perhaps a mass email to Dell is in order. That one day cookie has to go! I sent them an email today about how disapponted I am seeing the non-commissionable sales reports on their program. One email won't make a difference but perhaps several of them will. Please drop them an email and see if we can get them to up the duration. Most likely it won't help but maybe it will. It would really help if the affiliates who do well with them also drop them an email. JMO of course. Below is what I sent them today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hi,

I have been trying your Dell affiliate program through Linkshare.com. I have been sending some pretty good targeted traffic to your website. I was trying to think of ways to make the traffic convert better than it has been. I got around to checking the non-commissionable report at Linkshare and discovered that the traffic I was sending was actually converting better than I had thought it was.

In the reports it shows for the months of December and January so far 5519.00 of non commissionable sales. The reason being (4) return days exceeded. I was quite dismayed when I saw this report. I went and looked to see what the duration of Dells cookies were and see that they are only 1 day. For a big ticket item such as a Dell computer this cookie duration is quite unfair to the affiliates who try their best to drive traffic and sales to your site. People will look around and compare prices on other computers and also check out local store prices. In a lot of cases this will take more than one day. It may take several days.

Once my visitor whom I have sent to Dell as a new customer decides to make the purchase at your website it is too late for me to get the commission. Does this sound like a fair program to the affiliates who are trying their best to deliver for Dell? I think not. Even if my visitor decides to make a purchase at Dell the next day the affiliates are out of luck. : (

This email is being sent in hopes that you will recognize your affiliates efforts to drive traffic, new customers and sales to your Dell website. All we are asking is a for a fair chance to earn commissions from your program. With the duration of the return days being set at one day it isn't fair. A 30 day cookie would be much fairer to the affiliates pushing your program. A minimum of seven days should be the lowest duration considered and even that in my opinion is too low.

Thanks for listening and could you please respond with your thoughts. From what I have been reading at affiliate message boards this has been an ongoing concern amongst fellow affiliates. Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,
    Patrick<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not the best when it comes to writing but hopefully it will be read and responded to.

Don't know how much good it will do. I've sent them way over a half million in sales (not counting the non-commissionable sales) in the last two-three months and I emailed to ask if they could so something for me like raising my commission a tad or sending me a free laptop or something and they didn't even dignify my inquiry with a response, even after three attempts and a LS liason trying for me.

Did I mention my $88k in non-commissionable sales due to the return day issue?

Maggie
    maggie@dealhunting.com
    http://www.dealhunting.com

[This message was edited by DealHunting.com on January 22, 2003 at 02:56 PM.]

OOPS, duplicate post.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>sending me a free laptop or something<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are gaining commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertisng, and your targeted mailings?

Yeah, I know.. LOL. But it doesn't hurt to ask. Their top tier for sales during the holiday promo was 2.5% for $75k in sales. I did so many times over that figure I thought maybe they'd bump me to 3% or something, but no.

Maggie
    maggie@dealhunting.com
    http://www.dealhunting.com

ABW Ambassador
    Dude! You're getting a Dell..err.. I don't think Dell cares. I'm sure the parrot will chime in with some more..but... their 2 major programs Dell Home and Dell Business being split between two networks screws us. This is not taking into account their other programs at performics, etc. The low return days and their partnering with every parasite out there doesn't help. They do, apparently, do special offers for high performing affiliates (you know who), though.

Sigh...

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are gaining commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertisng, and your targeted mailings?

I sent them a nice email inviting them here to expain their position. I told them that the 1 return day was unacceptable and that Gateway has a 14 return days.

I looked at my Non-Commissionable report and it made me really mad. There were A LOT of sales I didn't get credit for.

"So it's a profit thing..." - Steve Martin

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yeah, I know.. LOL. But it doesn't hurt to ask. Their top tier for sales during the holiday promo was 2.5% for $75k in sales. I did so many times over that figure I thought maybe they'd bump me to 3% or something, but no.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maggie,
    Damn...

----
    -J

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Core:
    I told them that the 1 return day was unacceptable and that Gateway has a 14 return days. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does anybody belong to Gateway's program? I do all my work on a Dell Latitude C640 (and love it), but I'm also not thrilled about the 1% they give us, along with the fact that it takes forever to get paid.

Michael

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed along your comments to my team member who works with Dell Home Systems and asked they ensure your concerns are heard.

Thanks,
    Sarah

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread