The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I found this forum by accident. I was at linkshare (checking to see if I was earning commssions I would never get anyway) and I saw this.
    "Affiliate Community Votes LinkShare Best Network Provider of 2002" and this was just so bizarre to me I just had to check out who this group was that voted that way.

I see people here complaining that they aren't payed for over 3 months. I see an affiliate cancelling alll their commissions over a 3 month period and not notifying anyone. Linkshare didn't notify anyone either. So I ask who voted them number 1 and why?

There are other network providers that you are aways paid on the 19th or the next month. Sometimes they are extended, but that is rare. Reasons are given for cancelations, etc. So I guess what I am asking is when was this vote taken. Who participated and what was the criteria for selection of best?

<a href="http://www.bovinebazaar.com">Bovine Bazaar</a><br>Cow and horse gifts and collectibles

ABW Ambassador
    I voted for LS.

Personally I feel they are the lesser of 3 evils. They have come a long way and seem to have a commitment to cleaning up their act. Read the threads in this forum for more details.

Many disagree, and many here are Pro CJ. Of course you have to take into account this forum grew out of CJU Forum, so, of course there is a natural CJ bias.

I'll try to stay positive and not go into any of the negatives, but, suffice to say all the networks have negatives. I personally find that LS has the least of those.

Yes it is ashame there is no clear hands down winner, and the voting comes down to lesser, rather than greater.

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    So I started reading cj and all the problems with scumware. You know its a sad state of affairs when linkshare is the best of affiliate programs.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hello ojmoo and welcome to ABW. Glad to see you found us.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Ojmoo

Welcome to ABW, we also voted for LinkShare, we're a very content and happy Merchant with them .... well other than the WhenU issue that is .

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I will assure you that the award was by no means a "landslide" victory for LS!

I'm one of the "pro-CJ" people, because they know how to do (and actually do) the important thing: Pay.

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

I voted for LS as a joke but I didnt seriously expect them to win. When LS did win I remember thinking what a great sense of humour ABW members have. I'm also one of the "pro-CJ" people because they do pay and commissions are consolidated (none of this earning $24 off twenty merchants and not getting paid because they require you to earn $25).

LS do have a superior datafeed now (IMO) since cj decided to "improve" them in december of all months.

ABW Ambassador
    The vote was driven by stances on the parasite issue. Who knows, next year, the vote may be on payments. CJ would win that one.

ABW Ambassador
    I think I voted for reporting.net. None of the networks have done anything to effectively stop the parasites, so I went with Befree for their top name-brand merchants, high conversion rates, and prompt payments.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread