Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Remember how everything was delayed last month on getting checks in the mail. I noticed today that not one of my 84 LS merchants have even bothered to send in their payments for December. Here it is the 15th and the payment cycle hasn't even begun. What's up with that all you LS merchants who come here to recruit?

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    I agree - invoices have been available for over a week to all my merchants, bar one, and not one has paid yet. I believe that Overstock has sent in their check, which is the only exception and kudos to Shawn!

Something has got to be done to accelerate the payment from merchants to affiliates and in between. Linkshare has got to take a a stricter stance to on time payment.

No only does this affect us affiliates but Linkshare as well in their pursuit of cash flow management, etc.

Linkshare - please address what is being done, specifically to work on this now, not 3 months from now?

Thanks for your time on this and we are looking forward to your response.

I'm still waiting for November payments

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    November...aren't you lucky...I am waiting for the bulk $$$ of October's still...

Just checked - some of my merchants haven't even paid November!!

I had one acct mgr tell me that December payment information was available to them around the 8th of January. In Linkshare's merch pay history it says "Note: Typically, the invoices are available to merchants by the 15th day of the month after the period for which the invoices are generated for."

I'm assuming that once the invoice is available to a merch, they have to make sure everything is accurate before submitting. Then who knows how long it takes the merch acct depts to cut a check and mail to LinkShare, right?

Anyhow - Survey Man -
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I believe that Overstock has sent in their check, which is the only exception and kudos to Shawn! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking at my merchant payment history screen and LS received priceline's Dec payment on January 13th. So, "kudos" to them as well . . .

Wouldn't would be lovely if LS went to consolidated monthly payments this year.

There are some great merchants at LS but waiting so long to get paid really puts a damper on getting in there and promoting them.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

Survey Man <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>November...aren't you lucky...I am waiting for the bulk $$$ of October's still... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. Every trip to the mailbox makes me angrier. And now it looks like November payments will be late too. Just fabulous.

AAnn

ABW Ambassador
    I agree, November payments should be arriving within the next week but as of date only 3 merchants have paid November...

The Merchant has a financial responsibility and obligation to to pay Linkshare within 30 days of the invoice date, which is by the 15th of the month as stated by Linkshare. Then linkshare reserves the right to hold checks for another 10 business days. What this means to a partner is that at the WORST case scenario we should be out 59 days including weekends for Linkshare to allow the checks to clear. Of course then you have 2-5 mailing days so really we are talking about 64 days on the outset.

I wish I would get checks this quick for many of my partners...all but about 3 do not pay this quickly.

Kudos to those who live up to their obligations and treat partners as any good business should treat another partner. It is high time that Linkshare get better committment out of Merchants...In fact i think all merchants sholud be REQUIRED to be "Premium Partners" and have the star by their name...

From what it sounds like..your understanding is that LS gives the merchants 30 days from invoice date to send in their payment..which would mean if we got the invoice around Jan 8th..we would have until Feb 8th to send in payments, right? Sounds like the merchants are still within the 30 days. Granted, it would be nice if companies could get an invoice on the 8th and turn around and cut a check on the 9th..but most companies don't work that way.

We pay our own affiliates. We get the "bill" around the 5th of each month(later if that is a weekend)..we will typically post each individual affiliate payment into our system like we do all other bills..and then run the check on the next available check run. That may be the 10th..may be the 15th..but we always flag for "next available" check run..most companies who have net 30 will wait until closer to the end of the 30 days to pay.

I don't think that anyone should expect a company to turn a check around within a few days..would be nice.but accounting has its schedules on specific times they do check runs. And also..december is a huge month..for us..taking longer to get everyone posted than normal..especially since we participated in the $1 threshold program..we have MANY more checks to write.

I think that being the 15h of the month is still reasonable to me in taking that long to process an invoice and turn around a check.

Patty Altaffer
    Affiliate Manager
    AKA Gourmet(www.akagourmet.com)
    patty@akagourmet.com

ABW Ambassador
    If payments were to Linkshare within 15 days of the invoice date that would be great...The problem is they rarely are. I could live within the guidelines linkshare has but the vast majority of vendors, even financially stable ones, do not pay within the schedule, usually way outside of it...around 80-90 days for many of ours.

ABW Ambassador
    Mike and others...I strongly suggest that each and every one of us go into the Linkshare "Payment Report" and send notices to each and every merchant who is behind in their payments.

If we all do this in unison it may get some attention...I have done this already.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The only cure would be if the affiliate managers only got paid when we do...

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! Where's the love and show me the money?

Jan 20

Check #: TBD
    Payment Date: TBD

BS, LS!

TBD; MA!

Doc

"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
    - W C Fields (Tille and Gus)

A couple of years ago, I completely removed all linkshare merchants and closed my Linkshare account due to delayed payment and non payment issues.

Some of the overdue checks floated in over the next 6 to 8 months (maybe longer).

Back then, there was "talk" that consolidated payments were being considered.

Recently, I opened a new Linkshare account. I did this primarily because of my disgust with CJ over the parasite issue and the loss of income because of it. (yes, I know LS is no better on the parasite issue). It seems that the only network that may deserve praise in that area is Shareasale.

Anyway, the payment problems at Linkshare don't appear to be any different now than they were back then.

I'm still waiting on November checks also. Bah!

Linkshare received the check 1/6 from the merchant. It's 1/21 and I'm still waiting for the sucker to be mailed. Gave me a freakin' check #, but what good is that?

Hope your making some decent money off the interest...because I sure as hell am not.

PS

ABW Ambassador
    paulsmith - who is the check from that was received on 1/6?

It should have been mailed, at the absolute latest, on 1/17, this past Friday....

I rather not single out the merchant because it's not really their fault that LS is late with the payment. PM me and I'll let you know who the merchant is if you're really interested.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi paulsmith,

It typically takes 7-10 business days for LinkShare to process individual checks. Please send me your account information and the merchant in question and I'll be happy to investigate.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

Mondera cheques have arrived with some of our partners today (mailed by LinkShare), if you haven't got yours yet then it should be with you very soon in the US, overseas.... not sure how long they will take

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Overstock's payment was received by
    LinkShare on 1/13/03 -- Payment Report
    is Still showing "Awaiting Payment"

This is 11 Days -- So why hasn't
    Linkshare mailed Overstock's checks?

Anne

By your thoughts you are daily, even hourly, building your life.
    You are carving your destiny.
    ~Ruth Barrick Golden

ABW Ambassador
    It's funny but Overstock is one of the quickest paying partners and yet it takes Linkshare longer to cut checks to the affiliates for them than any other program....

FWIW,

I received Mondera's check yesterday 1/23 and I received Dells check for Oct sales today 1/24. Looks like some checks are starting to come around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's funny but Overstock is one of the quickest paying partners and yet it takes Linkshare longer to cut checks to the affiliates for them than any other program.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am convinced it is just arbitrage, as Webmaster Mike has said, to gain a few bucks off of OPM--other people's money

Doc

"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
    - W C Fields (Tille and Gus)

ABW Ambassador
    Did you notice that the Dell October check was mailed, according to the post office, on Tuesday the 21st...Linkshare said they mailed it on Friday January 17th...

If they "mailed" it on Friday, the 17th - the checks were probably cut and ready on the 17th.

But, the office was closed Saturday and no Post Office on Monday the 20th b/c of the holiday.

Sorry, but in this case, the dates do seem to add up . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast