Looks like Ritz Camera wants to try for the hat trick. Two months ago, PhotoAlley was on Cj.com, then Linkshare, and, starting in February, on Befree.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Dear Affiliate,

As a valued PhotoAlley.com affiliate, we need to inform you that the PhotoAlley.com affiliate program through LinkShare will be ending on February 1, 2003. Affiliates with a commission balance over $15.00, generated through the PhotoAlley.com affiliate program will be paid by March 7, 2003.

A special page has been set up at PhotoAlley.com to provide you with additional information.

To access the page, go to: www.photoalley.com/?cmd=HelpView&contentId=PhotoAlley.com+Affiliate+Programs

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RitzCamera.com, wolfcamera.com, and photoalley.com are all moving.

I made the mistake of re-upping with photoalley when they moved over from CJ in December, changing all of my links. I don't think I'll be changing them this time.

------------------------------
    Scott
    TravelDepot.Net

ABW Ambassador
    That is sick, they are stiffing the small affiliates who made less than $15 promoting them?!

The old switcheroo, 'Thanks for the sales. Can we do it again?' routine.

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm. How lame. They -just- moved to LS.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

I would think that they would have to pay everyone that made any commissions with their program. Isn't shafting some people a violation of Linkshare TOS (not that I've read it recently)? I think a bunch of people need to send this online camera conglomerate lots of emails and try to get a hold of them by phone. At least make them know that this practice is not acceptable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by david11982:
    At least make them know that this practice is not acceptable.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It seems clear, to me anyway, that they don't really have any interest in affiliate marketing, just looking for the branding, cheap. I mean, I can see a merchant switching networks for a variety of reasons, but to do so again after only a couple months is nonsensical (and not that long after a previous move) if they were serious about building affiliate sales. They're already, I'm sure, seeing considerable drops in sign-ups and eventually on their 6th or 7th move they'll get none.

On a semi-related note, is there a pool for which date in November Art.com moves back to an independent program?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The whole group of camera sites act and perform like the Global Sports conglomerate ...poorly. They are trying to get where the single AM for the bunch doesn't have to fool with DHTML displays and product links and can be close to the source of their favorite parasitic partners. To many ways at CJ and LS to devulge with reports that they don't convert worth a hoot.

On another dead pool note I predict everyone here needs to pull down linkshare creatives for this non-payer headed for the graveyard.

1391 ImprovementsCatalog.com (HSN Improvements, LLC) Payment Received on Sep 27, 2002 Payment Received on Oct 24, 2002 Sept.=Awaiting Payment Oct=Awaiting Payment Nov= Awaiting Payment Dec.=Awaiting Payment

Also Brooks Brothers no longer shows any payment history and Terrysvillage/Oriental Trading might call it quits.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! Where's the love and show me the money?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread