Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I just checked my "non-commissionable sales" report and there is as much on there as is on my commissionable sales! This really pisses me off!

Tupperware is on there twice...I haven't had any commissionable sales from them.

And, yes, I understand the cookies process, I just don't like salt poured in the wound!

Just venting....any others out there?

Janet

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go 'round and 'round...John Lennon

it is preferable to know which merchants are converting mainly beyond the cookie return days and which are converting mainly within the cookie period they allow - in effect which ones merely use you and which ones are honest and really pay for performance.

this information helps you determine your policy.

Yes, I do agree, it's better to have the knowledge BUT....it still hurts!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Janet

I just deleted Dell Computers from my account. I show over $6000.00 in sales on my non-commissionable reports and I receive NADA from them. Reason was the return days, all orders were 4 days from original clickthroughs. They are a fraud I believe. There Gone

I've always wondered if the LinkShare cookies are ever updated. Seems like most of the sales I've got through them have been 'expired cookies'. Especially PetsFoodDirect (which is gone now) 100% of my sales through them were 'cookies expired'.

It all makes me wonder......

Richard White
    AffiliateFirst Directory
    AffiliateFirst Submission Services

ABW Ambassador
    Just checked it. Just about every Fragrancenet order showed up there and Hallmark, something about a sku not matching, whatever that means.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You'd think Mike Dell would treat Mike's fairly or with preference. I let you all determine these figures for my favorite sales diversion champ...

YTD net sales for 2002 at Linkshare= ZIP with 2 reversals
    2 years history for you newbees..since I do not showcase Dell except in with a few autoupdate banners.

Sales and Activity Report for 2 years
    1/1/2001 - 12/12/2002

Merchant Name Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    Dell Home Systems impressions=281,015 clicks=2,126 0.76% orders=4 items=9 reversals=2 0.19% $1,881.85 2 years earnings= $18.82

Now we move to beFree for the Small biz stats.
    EcomCity -worlds most complete shopping community
    From 01/01/2002 To 12/11/2002
    Affiliate Site # Shipments Shipped Sales # Returns Returned Sales Net Sales Site Revenue
    Total 0 $0.00 0 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00

Traffic:
    Total impressions=282,162 clicks=978 .55%

At least at BeFree they give 2 day cookies and spare us the agony on not displaying sales made after the cookie expired.

Meaningful stat would be the number of sales in 2 years got hijacked by parasites as Dell is on all their lists.

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, wtf is the SKU not match error?

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"Yeah, wtf is the SKU not match error?"

I assume that is where the referral shopper order WidgetA in blue and was shipped the item for 10.00 more in red. Sometimes it might come from the confused paperwork where the 800# operator notes the affiliate referral ID and the customer's order was ammended to show a different SKU upon shipping. This also happens when the order booked, during the 1 day cookie period, for a 1850.00 notebook gets modified by customer request before shipping to have more memory added or they see a 10.00 off coupon applies to this purchase which carries a seperate SKU# (stock keeping unit). Net results according to the fine print is the commissionsable order only applied to the booked SKU so they owe you zip if the order size is increased or a a substitute is shipped.

Biggest scam is to keep OOS items in the ecatalog and when the order comes in they call the customer and upsell while deleting the original order.

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I am so hot!

Thanks for this post guys.

I had never thought to look there for some commission that I Knew was missing from Apple.com.

It appears as though EVERY ORDER that has been placed through my links to them is coming up with the SKU message. To the tune of 1,800.00 this month alone.

I WANT my flipping commission on this. There has to be some kind of mistake. What the heck does SKU does not match mean?

I am not sure it means what was mentioned before because I know on these orders nothing was changed. A friend is the one who placed the order, this is how I know.

I have written a pretty ticked off letter to Lara over at linkshare about this. I will post if I ever get a reply back. I had written her concerning the missing commission last week and and as soon as she realized I was missing commission, she never wrote me back.

~Michelle

[This message was edited by ~Michelle on December 13, 2002 at 12:02 AM.]

[This message was edited by ~Michelle on December 13, 2002 at 12:04 AM.]

I received a reply back from Lara.

It seems that Apple adds SKU's every quarter, then Linkshare goes back and commissions according to the new SKU's.

She said this should happen within the next couple of days and that my commission should show up then.

Mike, maybe this is the case with Dell too??

~Michelle

If I am the Mike you are referring to Michelle;

My transactions do not have anything to do with SKU's, they are due to the Return Days. I just sent an email to Dell about all this Non-Commissionable Sales. I actually terminated my affiliation with them. $6,750.00 in Sales is ALOT and I would like to see something in my pocket. I'll be 'damned' if I am going to give certain merchants 'FREE' Advertising on my sites. I hope to here from them on this but I think it is a lost cause. I also hope Sarah fills me in on this.

Michael

Affiliate Mike,

Yep, it was for you. I misunderstood your first post and didn't realize it was for days past. Sorry about that.

I have a couple of those too from a few different merchants.

~Michelle

I appreciate Linkshares stand to try and get merchants to give their affiliates a chance to earn commissions by increasing their cookie day durations. Dell is well aware that the negate 80% of all affiliate comissions by having a 1 day cookie. The BS some network spin artists try to float is "most sales occur within the fist few days". WTF ..this only applies to their looking at the stats of parasites who reset cookies on every damp popup and redirect. The big lie.

At least LS knows it is a big lie and no merchant with a one day cookie will ever convert at the same rate as with a 7-30 day cookie. They put in that report to show their wank AM's using their network for advertising, that their programs need longer cookies ,or it's the sucking sound of the parasites only getting fed out of the merchant tit.

Take Performance Bikes as an example. In 7 months they appear to have gotten traffic from me regardless of their lazy AM having no product links and just a few banners and text links. Sales and activity report show I'm doing my job but ZERO sales. Look under the cover of this dead engine and you see 16 sales ALL recorded after the cookie expired. Damn good conversion ratio from my pre-sell, but the crappy merchant calculated he'd never have to pay if he posted cookies under the necessary time frame to show commissionable sales.

Now that the "Code of Conduct" has shifted the burden onto the merchants to clean up their partnership alliances they need to address why their targeted affiliate traffic doesn't convert better than their untargeted SE listing traffic. Let some truth be told. The merchants who run their programs as advertising campaigns, regardless of their brand, are more adept at diverting sales commissions than they are at converting our referrals. This is done on purpose with forethought and malace towards 3rd party referral sales. Like the parasites manipulating the network holes, most merchants abuse this outside sales force unless they employ mass reach thievery tactics.

I sure hope law suits against parasites also target their merchant pool for monitizing thievery as a best practice for affiliates. If you think the stock market had crooked dealings with payolla analyists and IPO in-out schemes our industry is wrought with sleeze bags at every level. I'll just leave it at that. The good guys know who you are and it shows by the number of checks you cut ..not the amount of those checks.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    On the bottle early today Mike? Your language seems even more colorful than normal [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] BTW, I'm not complaining..I love it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

merchant tit..hahaha...

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    The non-commisioned report on LS is a great tool. I laugh everytime those CJ guys try to convince some poor newbie that 90% of sales occur during the initial visit.

what is the 'expired cookies' in one sale??

Doug Applegate

After reading these posts , I checked our non commissionable report. I was surprised to see some American express transactions read as "(13) SKU Does not match", what does that mean?

Find you coupons for 536 online retailers
    http://www.dealslist.com

beware

it is a great mistake to blame LinkShare for making available data for non-commissionable sales, or even to express preference that such data should not be provided. this is foolish.

at least with LinkShare you have the knowledge of what is really happening, and you may make your decisions based upon these facts. with the other networks, which recently have shown their true colours by embracing the parasites, you have no idea where you stand re: sales you have made but on which you get no commission.

I call the attention of those that without a second thought are terming data on non-commissionable sales undesirable to stop this nonsense, as LinkShare may perceive the availability of this information as negative to their own interests and stop providing it.

"fools rush in where angels fear to tread"

Good point, heisje.

I got 3 orders in "non-commissonable" report, two of them from JewelryWeb that labeled as "Return Days Exceeded". The sales occured on 12/09/2002 and they have 30-days cooki durations, so I hope it's something like Michelle encountered, so I'll get the commission for this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    You'd think Mike Dell would treat Mike's fairly or with preference. I let you all determine these figures for my favorite sales diversion champ...

YTD net sales for 2002 at Linkshare= ZIP with 2 reversals
    2 years history for you newbees..since I do not showcase Dell except in with a few autoupdate banners.

Sales and Activity Report for 2 years
    1/1/2001 - 12/12/2002

Merchant Name Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    Dell Home Systems impressions=281,015 clicks=2,126 0.76% orders=4 items=9 reversals=2 0.19% $1,881.85 2 years earnings= $18.82

Now we move to beFree for the Small biz stats.
    EcomCity -worlds most complete shopping community
    From 01/01/2002 To 12/11/2002
    Affiliate Site # Shipments Shipped Sales # Returns Returned Sales Net Sales Site Revenue
    Total 0 $0.00 0 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00

Traffic:
    Total impressions=282,162 clicks=978 .55%

At least at BeFree they give 2 day cookies and spare us the agony on not displaying sales made after the cookie expired.

Meaningful stat would be the number of sales in 2 years got hijacked by parasites as Dell is on all their lists.

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get this straight... you let this go on for more than two years?

I'm not so sure I'd tell anyone about that!!

As BLFH so aptly puts in her sig line ...don't eat or mess with my cookies. Even Santa knows no cookies =no presents. They are a very important ingrediant in the conversion ratio formula or the merchants wouldn't lower them and it took much pressure for Ls and BeFree to even post them in the merchant profiles.

I have a little Christmas jingle to share with those AM's who see the majority of their affiliate sales show up after the cookie expired ... Keep the HO out of the BHO ..jingle

Clearing the air at Christmas ..click here

"The non-commisioned report on LS is a great tool. I laugh everytime those CJ guys try to convince some poor newbie that 90% of sales occur during the initial visit."

The CJ guys are accurate if looking at how the damn parasites effect the stats. Every darn hijacked sale for a parasite is reported as a initial visit..go figure!

WebMaster Mike

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

The Non Comm Sales tool is excellent, what I like best about mine from a Merchant point of view is that right now...mine is blank [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Plus if anyone ever gets a non comm order let me know and I'll arrange for it to be sorted. While I can't offer an unlimited Return value you right now I'll be buggered if I'll have anyone losing commission because of it.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

heisje,

I don't think anyone blames LinkShare for the non-commissionable sales nor do we want the report to be deleted. What we want is more days on the cookies. As Chris from Mondera just stated - they are proud there are no non-commissionable sales on their reports! Kudos to them!

However, we want those other merchants to know that they will only gain sales by giving affiliates the commissions they rightly deserve. They need to think about it. Some of them don't quite get it. When we make money...they make even more! I doubt LinkShare will get rid of a report just because we don't like non-commissionable sales.

Janet

[This message was edited by Jknight on December 14, 2002 at 12:25 PM.]

[This message was edited by Jknight on December 14, 2002 at 12:26 PM.]

I like the non-commissionable sales reports very much. They help me decide whether I should drop a merchant whose performance is not up to speed - if I look at the report and there are sales there, it tells me that perhaps that particular merchant's cookies are too short for the viewership I bring in. Why hang onto a merchant who is benefitting from being advertised on my site, but I get no benefit myself?

Without the non-commissionable sales report, I would have no idea if some merchants were getting any sales off me or not.

J

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast