Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Every time one of my good vendors switches from CJ to LinkShare, I either: a. never get another sale or b. sales are < 1% of before.

Ulla Popken is a good example.

Has anyone alse experienced this?

For well over a year, I have been receiving nice checks every month from CJ and (recently) Performics, and quarterly from Amazon. Still waiting on my 1st check from LS.

Hello Seller,

We ourselves have experienced simular circumstances with a very few merchant vendors who switched to LS from CJ.

We do not want to go so far as saying that something smells fishy, but we did want to respond to your post.

We have noted however, that we kept a couple of vendors still active and not 1 sale made. Furthermore, we have been referring affiliate marketers to the system based on hopes we would achieve some revenue share from the referral. To date, not 1 single commission credit payment has been paid to us based on all these click thru's .... hmmmmmm.

All we can say is be very tentative to your reports as we are and will still do with this service and all others.

Good luck on your 2003 sales commissions.

DesignerWiz.com Team
    http://DesignerWiz.com

That has been my experience, as well.

Ulla Popken is a perfect example.

Before, sales with this company were VERY regular. You could count on them being steady.

Now...as you say...sales with them are almost non-existant! Very strange indeed.

Hey guys,

I would tend to agree that any merchant that switches from CJ to LS is probably doing so to take advantage of affiliates by using the LS system. An honest merchant would have no reason to switch. From the knowledge that I have and from my experience with working with the CJ crew, I must say that CJ is the most honest, reliable network. Granted, there are merchants that play games at CJ too, but much less than the other networks. If a merchant is dishonest I can see them not liking CJ's escrow system, real-time reporting and compliance department. At the other networks there really isn't concern for these things. The merchant can do what they please and no one would know or care as long as they get their fees. At CJ, their slogan is "WE only make money when YOU make money."

Five stars for CJ.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com
    6% PER SALE ~ 365 DAY COOKIE ~ GREAT CONVERSION ~ LOW REVERSAL RATE

same problem here
    For instance, Art.com has fallen in a hole since they moved to LS. Everything is falling in the non-commissionable cat

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> At CJ, their slogan is "WE only make money when YOU make money."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Being sarcastic
    Add name of parasite program "here"
    On who they refer to as "you".

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Ugggh, I don't even want to talk about Art.com. I haven't made a sale with them since they switched. I logged in to my old art.com affiliate account today, just to see how many sales I was losing to links that I forgot to switch. Since December I have had several hundred dollars in sales. I won't be seeing a penny of it. Thank you Art.com, your switch to Linkshare (which was made for our convenience) has conveniently made my wallet much lighter than it should be.

Hello my name is Jason and I run the affiliate program for Ulla Popken, since our switch to Link Share from CJ we have more than doubled our sales. We are very interested in figuring out why anyone would lose sales due to our switch. Feel free to send me an e-mail with you URL so that we can work together in bringing your sales back up.

Best regards
    Jason W Emenhiser
    Jason@ullapopken.com

Could you explain why your sales would double by simply moving from CJ to LS?

You are still associated with eBates, so affiliates may not see any change unless it is fewer sales credited to the original affiliate that sent the shopper to your site.

Gene
    TCS

I am not trying to switch the subject to Ebates, because that topic has been beaten to death in another topic-stream - but it's my understanding that Ebates is not doing anything anymore . . . .

Anyhow, ON THE TOPIC, I'd certainly be interested in hearing more from the Art.com folks or Ulla on what has happened since moving the program to LS to cause such a dramatic decrease to aff commissions - I too have experienced . . . .

Colby, don't let your "understanding" be a victim of deception.

Gene
    TCS

I SO don't want this to be about ebates . . but . . . I spoke with someone about LS regarding my concerns, they explained the situation . . . I then took it one step further and called Paul at ebates for an explanation . . . . now that LS is backing them too . . . it is my understanding . . I've tested it too, and they still don't overwrite my cookies.

Colby, Likewise. We will have to wait until after Feb 10th for any testing to be definitive. As you should ascertain from other postings here on this board, others have had different test results. Enough said. I am hoping your test results are a good omen.

Gene
    TCS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulla Popken:
    Link Share from CJ we have more than doubled our sales. We are very interested in figuring out why anyone would lose sales due to our switch. Feel free to send me an e-mail with you URL so that we can work together in bringing your sales back up.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ulla Popken Limited Partnership 84,497 208 0.25% 0 0 0 0.00% $0.00 $0.00

Here's my stats since you switched -- And this is on a Plus Size Clothing site only. With the other plus size merchants I feature I convert 1 in 30 - 1 in 50 range. Of course it helps that the competition has Product links -- something that you don't bother to offer.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

It is true we do not offer product links but our clothing line changes so often that this would cause more problems for everyone. We never offered product links with CJ either. As for why our sales would double, basically the link share network is more than twice the size of CJ.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ugggh, I don't even want to talk about Art.com. I haven't made a sale with them since they switched.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't wanna talk about it, either, but I will - I had only recently started with Art.com when they went over to Linkshare, but I was moving the occasional poster. Haven't sold a one since the switch. I'm also affiliated with Allposters, and during that time, I had a pretty nice December, sales-wise, with them, and I'm continuing to see Allposters.com sales.

On the other hand, I never had a sale with Astrology.com on Linkshare, but when they switched over to CJ, I began seeing sales almost immediately.

Do I think there is something nefarious in all this? I really can't say, as I do have other Linkshare merchants that convert well - even one or two who are affiliated with eBates!

Jason, I replied to your other thread before seeing your explanation about product links here. Even if you do change your merch frequently, perhaps you could create some sort of small datafeed for specific items. Back Country Store has a marvelous "sniplet" that's really handy for their niche - perhaps Ulla Popken could create something similar.

J

Jason,

Let me know when you switch from LS and we can "work together". I removed all my Ulla Popken links a few months after your switch - after receiving &lt; 1% of revenue from before.

This is on a major plus sizes site.

I agree, I'm seeing the same issues with Art.com. When they ran their own program I sold a fair amount of posters monthly, now I'm lucky if there are 5-10 orders in there.

Does anyone from Art.com read this forum?

http://www.ahugedeal.com

ABW Ambassador
    AHugeDeal...

I just went to your site and clicked on "Arts". This is the message I received. Just an FYI pal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Warning: Failed opening '/home2/ahugedea/public_html/ahd_data/category_active.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home2/ahugedea/public_html/select/category.php on line 14
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best to you,

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

Affiliate Manager
    I just sent an invite to my contact over there, here's hoping she can give a head's up the the right person

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>the link share network is more than twice the size of CJ.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny.. Are you saying that twice as many active producing affiliates (the ones who actually make bucks) only use LinkShare?

ABW Ambassador
    Hoping not to sound like a knowitall TK, the facts are that LinkShare's affiliate base is well over 1 million affiliate partners.

They firmly believe that the percentage of active participating affiliates, is substantially higher than that of Commission Junction.

The dollars in both revenue and affiliate payout certainly makes this a reality.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>They firmly believe that the percentage of active participating affiliates, is substantially higher than that of Commission Junction.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whether that is fact or not I may never know, but the thought that it could be is very funny to me - literally..

In all honesty, affiliates that produce usually do so within a target audience - whether that be by niche, sector, incent hunters, or whatever.. For affiliates to use the company whilst at Linkshare, but not at CJ, is funny to me.. Why wouldn't they use the program at CJ if the shoe fits for their audience? None of this is logical within my current state of reasoning and hence I find it funny. Then again, it could just be that it's 2am here and I may not be thinking straight.

ABW Ambassador
    In actuality, you are absolutely right in your assumption that many would indeed use CJ and LS.

Factually, a very high percentage of CJ affiliates are also LS affiliates. The reverse cannot necessarily be said.

Now, I haven't been with LS for three months, but I can't imagine that the numbers have changed substantially since I left.

Obstinatedon

Mahatma Gandhi

I have added 8 of our top items that usually stay on our site all year long. I will add more in time but wanted to give everyone the chance now to have some product links. I hope this is helpful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast