Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Do discontinued merchants generally pay the commissions they owe if the affiliate isn't at the payment threshold?

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I am now at my third merchant equalling $12 due. Not much but why do we get stiffed?
    I am just assuming I might as well kiss it goodbye. It would be nice if instances like this we were better looked after than what I anticipate LS is doing with their present system.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Once in a blue moon

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

RedEnvelope

They moved to Performics from LS, and they owed me something less than the threshold. I e-mailed them and they said "Don't worry, we'll pay all the money owed, not matter how much"

This was in November and I'm still waiting the payment.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They do if they want to recruit new ones

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Ok, so I won't count on it. *LOL*

I just noticed yesterday that SmarterKids was discontinued.

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

In my opinion, rarely... But its always funny, some won't pay if they owe you $10-$15, but some of them will send you a check for $0.46 or something like that.

Linkshare-- You've got to consolidate payments!! I know it costs you money to send out checks, it cost you $0.37 in postage alone to send me a $.46 check!

Now if I can remember from my accounting classes in college.. Doesn't it cost something like $3-$4 per check for processing, time, postage, etc? Wouldn't the savings be significant??

http://www.ahugedeal.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Stephen Messer addressed the issues of shaky merchants hiding behind minimums in Spring 2001. One of his statements, when I became mad that I suffered $1814.00 in losses due to .com bomb merchants going belly up, was to work on consolidated payments as a priority. Now the desperate merchants migrate to the parasites in a stupidy move as all BHO parasites defeat diversion tactics -cookie days and double dip them on non-commissionable links. Results are now impacting the pure play advertisers, who see they owe huge amounts to just a few Duper affiliate hijackers. The real merchant management is for the first time questioning the outsourced or inhouse AM's spin on why their total sales haven't increased but they now have to payout 50% more in commissions to a few players.

LS gives us the transparancy to look at the payment history report to warn us which merchants are at risk of folding or moving their programs to stiff the normal affiliates who are not at minimum. Fortunately those same parasite supportive merchants can't get around being liable to pay off the Dupers if they jump ship or cancel program. This makes them to take a second look at their huge base of normal affiliates who actually provided the pre-sell keywords and links the BHO's feed from. That is why you see them delaying commission payments for months, since they cannot figure out how to carry stiffed affiliates with them to cheaper alternatives.

LS take the choice away from them and immediately move to consolidated payments like CJ does. You never see a pure play merchants moving to CJ or a consolidated payment network. They go indy and pray they can migrate their top players. This strategy plays into the BHO Dupers hands as without a major networks ability to recruit the lazy AM's do not know how to attract active normal affiliates even to a indy program. To maintain even hijacked clicks and traffic the migrating merchant has to pay off the parasite and infect their indy program or new network choice with B-a-Ho's from jump street. The tail is now wagging the dog.....LOL.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread