Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Well, aren't I the popular guy all of a sudden. I even got my own poll. Thanks for all the comments - it was interesting to read most of them (hey, I'm busy and can't read them all).

Here's how I see it.

We (most of our company - 120 people) actually read ABW. Some for pleasure (if you could call it that ) and some to better understand concerns and issues. We do react to what is posted here and we do discuss concerns and issues that get brought up here.

I used to monitor and post more often in the past because my previous position afforded me a little more time to do this. Now that I am responsible for sales (again), I am very busy.

I still find time to read and respond. As some of you have pointed out, it is difficult to post here when I am forced to respond to conspiracy theories or address issues over and over again. I know who most of you (really) are and have tremendous respect for what you do. I have said this many times to many people - affiliate marketing is not easy - if it were, I would be doing it. I see you guys (mostly women actually ) making some serious money through CJ and if I assumed you were just doubling this amount from the other networks, you are making way more than I do. But as I said, it ain't easy and I respect that you are this good at what you do.

I choose to post here because I care about affiliates and our industry and I want advertisers to see that they too need to be involved on a more personal level to make their programs succeed. I also can speak for CJ without going through censors and can provide insight that few others within CJ can. Reading and posting here helps me stay on top of what matters and where we need to go to continue to be successful.

I want to thank all of you for posting here. I especially want to thank those of you who are more understanding and supportive of me and Commission Junction. It means a lot.

We do care and we do appreciate your feedback, suggestions and complaints.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:

We do care and we do appreciate your feedback, suggestions and complaints.

I can attest to that after many conversations with Todd.

Hey Todd, we're even on the number of posts here at ABW, wanna race?

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <

ABW Ambassador
    I just feel like my diddi (that's how we pronounce "daddy" in the south) just came back home from hunting... [snot running all over the place]... boo hoo... waaaa...

Big Chuck
    www.bigchuck.com
    **Web Consultants**
    Stay Tuned For Something BIG

quote:
    Hey Todd, we're even on the number of posts here at ABW, wanna race?

Akiva, with you running two programs, it will be no competiton. You registered only a year ago and I have been registered since Xmas 2001. Technically you are already ahead.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Todd ...cut out those BHO lunches and you'll have a lot more time for sales. Dem guys is just spamming advertisers ....now Akiva is a salesmen. Regardless I always see you playing a mean game of dodgeball in this playground. Make Stephen and Scott be the target for a change.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Big Chuck,

There, there, don't cry. Do you want a hug?

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

I really appreciate you. Thanks Todd.

15 years and counting
    Whoaaa That's good to hear, Todd.
    We need a little love, too, from time to time.
    I'm sure most of us are worried and it shows in our posts.
    We need to understand where CJ is going, we have a lot invested with you.
    Thanks again for your positive comments.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    "We do care and we do appreciate your feedback, suggestions and complaints."

Thats nice. I would like to see CJ actually implement them(suggestions). Just reread all the suggestions a lot of us gave during the last "upgrade" I'm not going to go thru them all again, CJ knows what they are. Its good to appreciate our feedback, suggestions and complaints, but its much better to actually act on them.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

quote:
    Thats nice. I would like to see CJ actually implement them(suggestions). Just reread all the suggestions a lot of us gave during the last "upgrade" I'm not going to go thru them all again, CJ knows what they are. Its good to appreciate our feedback, suggestions and complaints, but its much better to actually act on them.

We do releases on a quarterly basis, so any suggestions will appear in the next release this month.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Really, great. So we'll be able to see what product links are being clicked? like older versions? chargeback %? our individual epc with each merchant? Can't wait for the next upgrade.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

quote:
    So we'll be able to see what product links are being clicked? like older versions? chargeback %? our individual epc with each merchant? Can't wait for the next upgrade.

TrustNo1, I don't think you will be getting everything you wished for Xmas.

Hang in there.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Todd: "so any suggestions will appear in the next release this month."

Todd: "TrustNo1, I don't think you will be getting everything you wished for Xmas."

Contradiction? Not just me wishing, everybody.

--Wayne Calloway

Todd wrote:
    quote:
    We do releases on a quarterly basis, so any suggestions will appear in the next release this month.

Oh, no!!! (runs from room, screaming)

Not another "new release"!

I wonder what's getting axed from the CJ Affiliate Manager this time?

Where are those tranquilizers, anyway???

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe they'll take away the balance. We just have to wait by the mailbox or check the direct deposit at the bank to see how much we've made. Or we'll just be able to see the clicks but won't be able to see what merchant they came from

--Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Maybe we can get a new item in our reports. how much e bates when u and the rest of them have siphoned off each month.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Maybe they'll take away the balance. We just have to wait by the mailbox or check the direct deposit at the bank to see how much we've made.

TrustNo1, now that's funny, thanks for the chuckle .

Yikes... What a horrible thought .
    Can you just imagine the agonizing suspense of THAT happenning ?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hey, at least he didn't say, "I can't give the details, but I know it's good!"

~Revenue is King

Good bye transaction report!

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    Where are those tranquilizers, anyway???
    - - - - -

hey Andy, don't buy any til I get my tranquilizer page up.

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

Here we go again...

BTW, regarding the upcoming release, I can't give any details but I know it's good. (hi Leader)

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Conspiracy theories? What conspiracy theories?

Then again, I find it suspicious that, Todd, you were not posting messages at the time of the Iraq war. Now, when the war is over you return and 'Comical Ali' has disappeared you make an appearance again...

Anybody noticed that 'Comical Ali' and Todd have never been in the same place at the same time...?

And I know where all the profits from CJ go now as well...

Conspiracy, conspiracy, conspiracy...

(No, seriously, I think Todd is a great guy and he puts up with a lot of rubbish from a lot of people. There was a vote on a website for UK affiliates and CJ came out top. The new Account Manager is a huge step back, with many of the useful features of the old one having disappeared, but, still, we should thank CJ for eternity for having been the first major network to publish conversion statistics.)

[This message was edited by Azam.com on June 03, 2003 at 11:16 PM.]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    Here we go again...

BTW, regarding the upcoming release, I can't give any details but I know it's good. (hi Leader)

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Hi!

~Revenue is King

Todd,

I appreciate you too, regardless of what you may think. Your time and dedication here a year ago showed me then that you were at one time a real allie of ours and could be counted on to provide punctual responses. It's obvious, and I see you admit it too, you don't have the time for that anymore. With 120 people at CJ, is there not someone else who does? Maybe have your AAQ staff take turns, have four of them each take a week of the month? You've got some great folks there....utilize them!

Todd, my complaints have been with the methods CJ uses to communicate. I don't think you'll find my posts negative of CJ in other ways. I'm not out to start flame wars over topics such as ebates. I'm just suggestiong that a company the size of CJ, generating the revenue it does, could do just a little better job in communicating.

It seems 52 other people feel the same:

15% Every day Todd should read and respond to our questions

12% Once a week Todd should read and respond to all our questions over the last week.

0% Once a month Todd should read and respond to all of our questions over the last month.

33% Todd's a busy guy. Perhaps CJ should assign someone who has more time to assist us with our questions and concerns.

40% This vote is a waste of time...it won't change a thing.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

So, whatever became of David Elam? He seemed to give real answers to real questions.

Look, what we want is honesty and for you to stop working against affiliates to the unfair advantage of merchants and parasites. That seems more than reasonable to me.

Our sites are what makes CJ possible. Since CJ apparently no longer values the normal affiliate as shown by CJ actions, (everything from that bogus COC to this abusive spider and doing Goddess only knows what to the cookies and taking away the tools and information on the CJ site) we just have to seek other alternatives and we have to encourage merchants to do likewise.

CJ has not left us with much other choice. When you got in bed with parasites, you should have expected to get a lot of bites and scratches, CJ. Well it looks like you are about to get bitten a whole lot. Now, you will get spider bites, too.

Just how much do you think affiliates will put up with, anyhow. I think you have already pushed past the limit. A whole lot are like me. CJ has lost our trust and respect. No, you won't see the impact right away. I am not going to waste time pulling CJ pages when I can be making new sites. But, all the new sites are being made for merchants from other sources. I think a whole lot of us are doing the same thing. CJ is going to slowly go down, but down they go unless they change real fast.

The sudden change in tone of your first post in this thread, tells me that you are already feeling the impact of affiliate displeasure. Well, it is going to take a lot more than a few caring words of reconciliation. We want to see hard evidence of that caring. You can start with making up your mind. Do you want us or do you want the parasites? A hard choice, I know. Sort of like telling a man to give up his mistress if he does not want to loose his real family. But, I think that is the choice that it boils down to.

Choose! Us or them?

Never mind. We already know your choice, for now. CJ is going down.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on June 04, 2003 at 02:15 AM.]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast