ABW Ambassador
    I was wondering how anyone was doing with the above merchant?
    I sold and made $94 in commssions last year, and have not made a single cent since. i have checked my links, and they are all pointing to them, and have links everywhere, but no more sales in 6 months.
    I looked at their payout level, it is $100, is this a conincidence? it seems a bit fishy to me. do they not like paying??

any ideas would be helpful
    thanks

International Star Registry 11,268 282 2.50% 5 5 0 1.77% $364.00 $72.80

My last sale with them was in December. Still waiting to reach $100 here too.

And I have one Non-commissionable on them, cookie expired, also in Dec.

Linkshare isn't exactly helpful on the matter either, they have no payment history on them:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Because LinkShare is not involved when merchants pay affiliates directly, there is no information that we can provide to you regarding the history of payments for these merchants. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    I have had two sales for January from them

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    has anyone actually got over $100 and been paid by them???

I actually did quite well for them last year, peak times being holidays. Few sales in between holidays.
    Got paid, and didn't have to wait long for the check.
    I rank them very high on my holiday promoting list.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I'm not an affiliate, but I have something to say about them. The star registry is not what you think.
    This is what you assume:
    There are billions of stars, they need names, there r scientific astronomical organizations that name them and they are under funded, because how much to you expect the govt to pay people to watch stars. So they created the registry and this funds their star watching.

The reality (and if you listen to the commercial this is what they say).
    The international star registry (probably an american corporation) write a book which gives stars names of people who send them money. For the money one sends them, the send them a star map and a book on astronomy and they publish their name in a book by a known star location that is copywrited. No one besides the star registry people and the copy right office ever sees this book, certainly no serious astronomers look at a star and say, "Cool its the John Smith star."

Anyway, in my opinion these people are misleading (but not lying) to the public. That shows their ethics.

&lt;a href="http://www.bovinebazaar.com"&gt;Bovine Bazaar&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;Cow and horse gifts and collectibles

I never assumed it was something scientific, I just assumed it was a cool gift. I got these for my niece and nephew for Christmas.
    I was very happy with everything.
    I always just assumed it was a neat advertising thing, there are lots of stars, lets charge people to get their names on them.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Ojmoo, I'm pretty sure people realize it's a commercial enterprise and just a fun gift idea.

Years ago there was a site selling titles to land on the moon (don't know if they're still around) but it was great fun too.
    I had delusions of setting up the ultimate HoneyMoon Hotel , anyway, for the $15 or $20 it kept me amused for days.

If your promoting them and worried about it just put a disclaimer somewhere 'For entertainment purposes only'

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ojmoo:
    I'm not an affiliate, but I have something to say about them. The star registry is not what you think.
    This is what you assume:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me, but if it is your opinion, you do not assume that someone else doesn't know what is going on.
    Surely you don't think that all of the people on this forum think that the International Start Registry actually name a star, and the money then goes to those who watch the stars?
    I certainly do not assume:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There are billions of stars, they need names, there r scientific astronomical organizations that name them and they are under funded, because how much to you expect the govt to pay people to watch stars. So they created the registry and this funds their star watching.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

They are always in my top twenty merchants and were one of my top five in December. They always pay like clockwork, I have been very happy with them. I list this as a "novelty gift." Their site indicates that they maintain their own registry which is filed at the Library of Congress, however I do include the word "novelty" just in case someone does not read up on this. I have never had a complaint from a customer who ordered there.

ABW Ambassador
    thanks for that Anne, its nice to know they are on the level

i just cannot understand why on more sales!

seems a bit stange

Tamalyn

Here is the text I use. You are welcome to try and see if this helps the conversion.

YOu might also try pushing the doll as well.
    It is almost half the price and is really cute ( comes with doll and certificate)

INTERNATIONAL STAR REGISTRY
    Very popular and the ultimate in unique novelty gifts! NAME A STAR!

Looking for a perfect anniversary, birth, birthday, wedding , or other gift?

Why not have a star named for someone?

Traditional Kit:
    Custom Unframed Package SuperSize Image
    A beautiful 12" X 16" full color parchment certificate personalized with the star name, date and coordinates.
    A Personalized 12" X 16" sky chart containing the star name, star date, the constellation and the location circled in red where the star is in the sky.
    A booklet on astronomy written by a professional astronomer with additional sky charts.
    A letter of congratulations/memorial for the recipient.
    All for $48 plus shipping and handling

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks very much, will try it and let you know, i did not know there was a doll!!

The doll is cute and if you have moms, grandparents, it will be a very appealing addition Good luck!

ABW Ambassador
    thanks, i have just added it to my babygifts page and others, I am sure i will get another sale within the month - I will go mad if i don't

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread