ABW Ambassador
    I just got this from Jackson & Perkins:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>A special thanks goes out to ebates.com. Ebates featured J&P in one of their emails, which gave us some great exposure and fantastic sales during the month of January!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is nothing quite like seeing a merchant applauding Ebates, even though Ebates have a terrible reputation.
    What does everyone think about this?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

I think everyone should write to J&P and tell them what they think about their praise of Ebates.

There are two sides to every story, we need to make sure they see our side. I've been a good customer of theirs for many years, and I intend to let them know that I don't appreciate their glowing endorsement.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

ABW Ambassador
    How can any affiliate manager not know about Ebates, and the reputation that they have?
    I am amazed that Jackson & Perkins would feature Ebates as their outstanding affiliate. How is that going to affect every other affiliate and what they now think of Jackson & Perkins. Or do J&P only care that Ebates made them some money, and not care about any of their other affiliates?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

15 years and counting
    1-I'm going to tell their AM what I'm thinking of Ebates, just to give him (her) some education.
    2-I'm one of their affiliates, doing fine, not great but not bad either. Just need to take all their links down. There's always better merchants to promote.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

[A special thanks goes out to ebates.com. Ebates featured J&P in one of their emails, which gave us some great exposure and fantastic sales during the month of January!]

It really makes you feel ill

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

15 years and counting
    Done!

For your information, in case you have to tell them how you feel:
    Jackson & Perkins
    Email Address - ajames@bco.com
    Contact Name : - Andrea James
    Contact Title : - Marketing Coordinator
    Telephone : - 541-864-2148
    Company Mailing Address :
    PO Box 299
    2518 S. Pacific Hwy.
    Medford OR 97501
    US

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    cjshopping- you act surprised. many merchants do this.

zeus- why contact the marketing coordinator (is that the AM?) ... I suggest going higher... what do you think?

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

15 years and counting
    Joseph - It is the contact given by Linkshare. The marketing coordinator is acting as the Affiliate Manager.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    J&P links are gone from my main gardening site along with yardiac. Let them whittle their affiliate base down to just the BHO's and find they pay double for every recorded sale from the popup links.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

To all:
    I really appreciate everyone's comments and concerns. The issue of parasiteware has certainly become a hot topic over the past couple months.

I would like to confirm that both Jackson & Perkins and Harry and David do NOT partipate in the Ebates Moe Money Maker program. When we originally set up the relationship, we made it very clear to Ebates that we did not want to participate in that program.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
    Andrea James
    Marketing Coordinator
    Harry and David
    Jackson & Perkins

"Please let me know if you have any questions."

Please explain the congratulatory note that started this thread, it contradicts your statement about making something very clear.

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

Fred,
    I apologize, I'm not sure I understand you question completely. I will do my best to better explain my comments.

When Ebates originally joined our affiliate program, we made an agreement NOT to participate in their Moe Money Maker program, which from my understanding is the primary concern with overwriting links.

The congratulatory note, had to do with a statement made in our Feb. affiliate communication newsletter. Highlighted in the newsletter is an "outstanding affiliate", whom we believe has gone above and beyond, or taken extra steps to promote our brand effectively. In January, Ebates sent an email to their customer base, which promoted J&P's Yard Sale.

Does that answer your question?

-Andrea

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread