ABW Ambassador
    Did anyone get a LARGE number or percentage of this months sales cancelled tonight in the "Sales & Activity" reports for Dell Home?

ABW Ambassador
    around 25% yes.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

I now owe them a little over $7.
    Usually have thousands in sales for them, but now I have a negative?
    Something not right!
    I have never had a problem with them before, they always converted well and paid regularly.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Yep, over $34k worth of cancellations on 2/11. Wonder if the carnage will continue tomorrow?

Let's all wait and see who OWES Dell the most money at the end of the month!

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ROLMAO ...The Dell AM's can't pull this crap on me. All my LS Dell.com Home system sales were over their pathetic return cookie days in Y2002 ...as in 100%. No way can they get my account to a negative figure. My plan since they don't convert is to have their parasitic partners bleed them dry by monitizing their free links and defeating their session only cookies. The parasites won't make much or have to wait forever to get paid and the two forces will kill each other off.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

15 years and counting
    100% reversal. I owned them money, now. $25. Pathetic.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    My reversals were in the 77% percentage range for the month...

People, notice that these reversals are ON TOP OF the ones shown in the affiliate "Payment Report"...these are in the "Sales & Activity" report for Februrary. I got a note back from LS that this was just the standard cancellations from the previous month in the "Payment Reports"....Obviously they are not since they are not in those reports and are on top of these...

My strong suggestion is to email your contact(s) and let's get something done and corrected right away.

Hey all,

Here is the post I made in a previous thread and the reply I got to my email! I haven't heard back from anyone since! Shows how much they care about their program.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Well I don't know about the rest of you but I think perhaps a mass email to Dell is in order. That one day cookie has to go! I sent them an email today about how disapponted I am seeing the non-commissionable sales reports on their program. One email won't make a difference but perhaps several of them will. Please drop them an email and see if we can get them to up the duration. Most likely it won't help but maybe it will. It would really help if the affiliates who do well with them also drop them an email. JMO of course. Below is what I sent them today.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

I have been trying your Dell affiliate program through Linkshare.com. I have been sending some pretty good targeted traffic to your website. I was trying to think of ways to make the traffic convert better than it has been. I got around to checking the non-commissionable report at Linkshare and discovered that the traffic I was sending was actually converting better than I had thought it was.

In the reports it shows for the months of December and January so far 5519.00 of non commissionable sales. The reason being (4) return days exceeded. I was quite dismayed when I saw this report. I went and looked to see what the duration of Dells cookies were and see that they are only 1 day. For a big ticket item such as a Dell computer this cookie duration is quite unfair to the affiliates who try their best to drive traffic and sales to your site. People will look around and compare prices on other computers and also check out local store prices. In a lot of cases this will take more than one day. It may take several days.

Once my visitor whom I have sent to Dell as a new customer decides to make the purchase at your website it is too late for me to get the commission. Does this sound like a fair program to the affiliates who are trying their best to deliver for Dell? I think not. Even if my visitor decides to make a purchase at Dell the next day the affiliates are out of luck. : (

This email is being sent in hopes that you will recognize your affiliates efforts to drive traffic, new customers and sales to your Dell website. All we are asking is a for a fair chance to earn commissions from your program. With the duration of the return days being set at one day it isn't fair. A 30 day cookie would be much fairer to the affiliates pushing your program. A minimum of seven days should be the lowest duration considered and even that in my opinion is too low.

Thanks for listening and could you please respond with your thoughts. From what I have been reading at affiliate message boards this has been an ongoing concern amongst fellow affiliates. Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,
    Patrick <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>.

Their response was;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed along your comments
    to my team member who works with Dell Home Systems and asked they ensure
    your concerns are heard regarding the 1 day return policy.

Linet Marie Adams
    Affiliate Support Consultant <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure if that is a Linkshare Rep or a Dell Rep? The email to send to is dellhome@linkshare.com

I'm always amazed how everything gets passed to a team member but I never here a word back from them. I mean never. I sure wish I could get some new team members!

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The Dell affiliate programs get the same high marks as their real world VAR (value added reseller) program. They have the worse rating of any Pc manufactuer, by real computer store owners, for running a crappy customer stealing scheme at their expense. Sounds familiar and the main reason why Dell is the most hated force in the computer industry ...greedy sharks.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

I spoke with my team member who works with the merchant. Here's what they told me about this situation...

Every month, the Dell Home Systems Affiliate Program processes reversals and canceled orders in the first 10 business days of each month, on a 2 month lag. So, all December returns and cancellations (reversals of items purchased in December) were processed yesterday February 11, 2003. However, the dates processed yesterday were incorrect so all the reversals are showing up as yesterday's transactions rather than spread over multiple days in December. This will be corrected within 48 hours.

In general, to see all returns and cancellations by day, please review the Affiliate Payment Report, and click on the Dell Home Systems amount under Commissions Earned This Period. This Payment Report is located under the Account section on the right panel in your account (login with your username and password at http://www.linkshare.com).

I hope this information is helpful - for additional questions, please contact DellHome@linkshare.com.

Sarah

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread