Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This is BS, Tried to email them and tell them about Ebates and parasiteware and it was returned with the following:

A message sent from your address was automatically classified as unsolicited email (spam), and was not delivered to:

affiliate@officemax.com

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this response, please respond to this email.

Thank you,
    OfficeMax Postmaster

Linkshare: is this legal? Looks like they are not watching there affiliate stats or don't care about there Affiliates! There's a test to see if Office Max cares about there Affiliates! I'm dropping Officemax from my list! Haven't promoted them at all.

Jason
    Santa Cruz, CA 95060
    affiliate program: http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=857

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Yes, from what I've read, it's a bunch of interns running the program, if anyone at all.

I actually applied to become their affiliate manager as they had a post for that job in a local paper (cleveland) a few months ago.

I never even got a rejection call, email, anything. I'm not even sure they got my email.

Looks like they're content with keeping it real...crappy.

"I want to make you more money with a professional and low cost web design. Let's chat."

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Let's see my stats....Nope ...not able to function on auto-pilot. No sales since 2001

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    OfficeMax...Well they have one of the, if not the, best commission plans of any of the office supply partners....However, good luck getting a warm body to respond and conversion...what is that?

I guess if you can turn them over, it would be a very good partner...

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

Thank you for this feedback. I've provided your comments to my team member who works with OfficeMax, and asked them to share this feedback with the merchant. I've also asked that they investigate why email inquiries to 'affiliate@officemax.com' are bounced back as 'spam'.

Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe jason's server/domain is listed on some blacklist(s)...

Anyway, I agree. Office Max is terrible and as far as I can tell does NOT track. I have seen someone place an order and it did not show up...

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph

Good Afternoon Everyone-

My name is Sarah Bass and I am a Marketing Manager at OfficeMax.com, responsible for the affiliate program. I apologize for the delayed response, as I was just recently made aware of this site and its postings.

Obviously there are some concerns you have and I would like to address as many of them as possible.

As for the returned email notice, I just found out yesterday that the company had installed some program to block spam. Unfortunately, it ended up blocking out legitimate emails as well. I have put in a request to have it removed from our email address: affiliate@officemax.com. I will let you know once it is fixed. If you ever have a problem emailing us, we can always be reached by phone at 216-471-5055.

We want our partnership to be successful for both parties involved and want to hear your feedback/questions.

As for the comment about applying to be the Affiliate Manager at OfficeMax, I don't see how that can be accurate. We did have a position open a while back in the marketing dept. but it wasn't specifically to run the affiliate program.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive a response at all. Unfortunately, that falls under a different dept.

Lastly, if you are experiencing tracking issues we would be happy to resolve those with you. I can guarantee you that we successfully track purchases with thousands of partners. There are many factors that can contribute to loss of tracking such as: hard coding images, removing/altering part of the LS code or trying to post illegal URLs. Regardless, we would be more than happy to discuss this with you.

I know this is long, but I felt like I needed to try and touch upon most of the statements. Let me know what you think and how we can help!

Best,

Sarah

Sarah,

Welcome to ABW and thanks for the quick feedback.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Amazing Sarah that you just learned about where the 7000 most active folks in the affiliate community hang out and discuss your business. I'm sure you can learn a thing or two by reading the back posts here. Some AM's consider this their college course in affiliate program management and increase affiliate channel sales more than 800%.

Might not apply to you if you only actually work with "incent" parasites and report to OfficeMax advertising department rather than sales.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Sarah, Private Message Sent.

"I want to make you more money with a professional and low cost web design. Let's chat."

Thank you for the kind welcome Ron!

I'm sure I will find this forum very informational, Mike. I'm sorry that you find it so amazing that I haven't been on here before, but most of our affiliates who have questions or concerns regarding our program contact us directly. With the exception of the first posting (the email bounce back), we are rather timely about our repsonses via phone or email.

If you have some concerns about our program or our practices, please feel free to send me your phone number and I'd be more than happy to call and discuss with you.

Best,

Sarah

Where did you send the private message?

Thx.

Sarah

Sarah, it shows up as a regular post, go to active topics and you should see it from me.

It appears to be public, but only you and i can see it.

Sarah,

Welcome to ABW. Nice to a fellow NE Ohio individual on the board. Go Browns/Indians/Cavs...

Thanks for the welcome. It is nice to have a fellow Clevelander around! How bout those Browns....Oh what a disappointment, I can't believe they lost to Pittsburgh. Oh well, always next year. I hear a rumor that they may trade Couch and that Holcomb would start. I hope so! Oh well, hopefully the Indians will do something this year

Best,

Sarah

Sarah,

Great to have you part of the ABW family, welcome

Thanks Haiko, I'm glad to be aboard!

Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Sarah - are you new with OfficeMax? The last time I contacted someone at officemax it was a gentlemen in charge of the affiliate program and I have not heard anything about the program in any form for 6+ months.

Here are some serious affiliate partner needs:

1. How about stepping up communications to affilate partners.

2. I am request an affiliate only coupon to begin the new year out.

3. In addition a change in the cookie duration from 0 to 15 days or more is absolutely necessary.

The last time I spoke and communicated with officemax on this I was told it was going to happen, that was over 7 months ago now -- in regards to the cookie duration.

Please speak to these items or PM me and we can talk more directly.

Survey Man

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It is nice to have a fellow Clevelander around! How bout those Browns... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sarah,

Yet another Clevelander! I live about 30 minutes out, in Kirtland.

-wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Get a free two-week trial use code ABWEB at RevTrends.com

That's great, Wayne. I guess there's more of us out there than I thought. I have a friend who has relatives out in Kirtland...nice area.

I'm sure I'll be in touch with you soon. I just went to check out your site and would be interested in finding out more of what you do.

Sarah

I think I count 4 Clevelander's. When are we all having lunch?

ABW Ambassador
    Make it 5.

Chet

officemax coverts very bad for me. staples and office depot covert at least 5 times better.

ABW Ambassador
    Jim,

Let's setup a time. I would like to meet some locals.

-wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Get a free two-week trial use code ABWEB at RevTrends.com

Hi Bit-

What's your URL? I would like to see why we are not converting as well for you. I mentioned to someone else that sometimes tracking can be lost or conversion can be minimal due to hardcoding of links, modifying LS code or posting illegal links.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Sarah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast