ABW Ambassador
    Has anyone received their invitation to go to the Symposium for Linkshare in April? We have heard about it and been asked by several merchant partners to go...The problem is there has been no invitations sent.

I am curious from both Affiliates & Merchants.

I received an invitation/Early registration email around the end of January.

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

I just got it today

Daniel Fink
    Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    <a href="http://www.freedebtconsolidation.com">FreeDebtConsolidation.com</a>
    Dan@Intermarkmedia.com

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi all -

There is no charge to attend the LinkShare Symposium, but it is by invitation only. Unfortunately, with over a million registered affiliate accounts, we have capacity constraints and must limit invitations. Invitations will be going out over the next several days.

Best,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LinkShare Moderator:
    There is no charge to attend the LinkShare Symposium, but it is by invitation only.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In this case, does "invitation only" mean that random affiliates will be chosen, or that only high-dollar affiliates will be chosen?

I definitely think that active ABW members should definitely be given a priority. Just my 2 cents.

Michael

Got mine tonight.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Is this "invitation" come in the postal mail or email?

My guess is that very few affiliates, even if invited, would go....so I am not sure that overbooking would occur, but I could be wrong.

The number of ABW Posts do not pay for Airline Tickets and Hotels.

I think they invite only high performing Merchants and Affilates, since there is a Mutual Business Interest and Money well spent for everybody.

They might extend the the invitation for local and active ABW affiliates .

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net
    Sign-up for our Affiliate Program
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=2123

If you can't move things, try harder!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carsten, Shop-Links:
    They might extend the the invitation for local and active ABW affiliates .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those of us that aren't local are at a real disadvantage, then. Living in Utah, I think the best I could do is to do lunch with the AM of Overstock.com and Bryan from BackcountryStore.com. We could have our own "symposium".

But seriously. Funds are tight this year, but I'd love to be in a position next year where I could fly out and attend the Symposium. For future reference, is there a way to request an invitation? I'd seriously love to go next year. Actually, I'd seriously love to go this year, but, as I said, funds are tight.

Michael

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

Got mine see you all there, Mondera will also be on the Point / Counter Point Panel

At "present" we won't have a DealMaker table, I was thinking a table at a local pub would be more fun

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

ABW Ambassador
    It most be random as we are a high volume partner but have not been invited. I am a bit disappointed as this is definitely something we'd like to do and so many of the merchants have asked us to come...

ABW Ambassador
    Hello Survey Man...

Generally, it is not random at all. If you are indeed a high-volume affiliate, I would suggest that you contact LS and let them know you want to attend.

Although in the past they have attempted to limit attendance to 800 or so, I am sure they can help.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    Out of curiousity what is a high volume linkshare partner?

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:
    Out of curiousity what is a high volume linkshare partner?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Question.

I know about CJ and BeFree a bit. Let's apply that to LS considering their Merchant Base .. mmhhh... Guess $50K+ in revenue (not commission ) per month.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net
    Sign-up for our Affiliate Program
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=2123

If you can't move things, try harder!

Chris,
    Do you know who else is going to be on the Point / Counter Point Panel? I had noticed that Ebates is going to be in attendance and was wondering if they were going to be on it.

I know last year the parasite issues were barely mentioned and am hopeful that with the Linkshare Addendum and with the Nov.7th meeting, that there will be some discussion on the issue.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Carsten,

Hmm, thanks for the estimate.. that doesn't seem very high at all hmm...

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

ABW Ambassador
    I finally got an invitation tonight, so they are still coming...

ABW Ambassador
    Hey - what is the "DealMaker" table all about? Can you go as an affiliate without a table and still have time to network or do you have to "buy" a table?

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread