Hi! I'm new to the affiliate world and new to this forum. It's been great! Hopefully y'all can give me some insight into this..

I made 1056 in commissions from Video Prof in Dec and have been awaiting payment. Now, when I check on linkshare it says they've taken 464 away from me saying it was "invalid activity". Is it common to lose that much? All my advertising was thru ppc's so I just lost all my profit.

Should I expect this every month? Is there anything I can do about it? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!THANKS!!
    April

I sent them an email back in Aug 2002 asking them to explain how their program works?

It does not make sense that they charge only $6 or $7 for shipping and they pay us $20. How can that be UNLESS if they insall some affiliate redirecting software in there too. I have never gotten an answer from them.

Hello AprilC and other Affiliates,

I am with Video Professor and have just recently started managing the affiliate program with Link Share - replacing another individual here. I sent an e-mail to all affiliates explaining the reasoning for backing out invalid orders. This is being resolved now and your payments are updated and accurate at this point.

We will be submitting payment shortly and after this month, we will be caught up. I expect to move forward without any issues like this arising in the future.

Unfortunately, there have been some back-end technical limitations that did not allow us to capture the invalid orders up front; as a result, we accumulated 3 months worth of invalid orders at a time.

Upon learning about this, I immediately followed up with our tech group and had them implement a "quick check" on invalids, and for the better part of January, we had zero (0) invalid orders for ALL our affiliates. This is a temporary solution until we have something that will reduce every and all invalid orders by 100%.

We value all of our affiliates greatly and want to do whatever we can to make this program successful for all of us. In the coming months, you will notice improvements in our communication with affiliates as well as additional information that may be helpful in generating more sales.

If you have any comments, or suggestions, I would like to hear from you; you can e-mail me directly at wlong@videoprofessor.com

Thank you for continued support!

Walter Long
    Video Professor

This response from Walter Long is absolutely hysterical!

Our service wrote Video Professor services direct and through Linkshare Merchant mail several times about questions to their conversions and lack of proper tracking. We have never received a reply to date.

We also wrote for the last time approximately 2 weeks back at Linkshare Merchant mail warning them of our intent to delete their links. Still no response as of moments ago upon our checking the mail response before writing this reply. (We deleted links)

It certainly seems to us this is a full pledged attempt to save face of their affiliate service that they rarely convert even with extremely targeted traffic. If the affiliate service has the nerve to write them with questions, comments, or great concerns .. ignore them .. maybe they'll go away. If forced to reply with so much negativity sprouting out about the service "song & dance them" with a response that doesn't say much of anything, or very little.

In addition to their quote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We value all of our affiliates greatly and want to do whatever we can to make this program successful for all of us. In the coming months, you will notice improvements in our communication with affiliates as well as additional information that may be helpful in generating more sales.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Try direct responses from your affiliates questions rather than total "ignore attitude". We deleted your service links and would never consider doing business with you again even if you did straighten out your obviously mismanaging AM rep. that put an extremely sour taste to our promoting your service which actually strips the profits by blasting your 1-800 number all over the place to incite circumventing the original affiliate who sent the traffic in the first place. The affiliate becomes nothing more than free promotional marketing methods for your service. Time for current affiliates promoting your service to wake up. That's our 2 cents.

DesignerWiz.com CEO http://DesignerWiz.com

I always find it humerous when a company that sells instructional information about computer software has a three month old problem with their software.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Wake up folks. They advertise on TV all the time and therefore are a telemarketing 1-800 outfit with a web extension. If they don't have individual product links they a pure play advertisers seeking branding.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I am going to cease promoting Video Professor. I have e-mailed them, and never got a reply. I had an invalid activity show up, which meant they took $16 away. Now I see that it is back to $20, but it has been deferred. If a computer software training company cannot even sort out their problems, how can they possibly be any good at training other people?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread