I just received the following email from CJ. Obviously I'm scared as to what this means because eBay is our biggest revenue stream and we're averaging over 20,000 bids a month. The only thing I can think of that might be a problem is that I have placed bids through our site myself (which is unavoidable because of the type of site we are).

How much of a response will I get from CJ and will it be detailed enough that I can fix whatever the problem is before they decide to simply deactivate me?

Mike

-----------------------------

Dear XXXXXX,

In accordance with the Commission Junction Publisher Service Agreement, ( http://www.cj.com/pub_agreement.asp ), you are being warned for inflating traffic to Ebay. As a result, your account is under payout review. If you are found to be non compliant during the next payout review cycle (approx 30 days), your account will be deactivated.

If you have any questions, please reply to this email.

Regards,
    Client Services
    Commission Junction

_-------------------------------------

ABW Ambassador
    Mike
    Are you using incentives to encourage clickthroughs?

Or popups with eBay in them?

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Maybe accounts that generate a lot of bids but very few sign-ups raise red flags at the ebayplex.

You say you generate 20,000 bids - I would imagine you must generate +1000 signups or more - is this the case?

Just trying to figure out what's singled your site out.

Hmm.. are you popping up the eBay page?

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

ABW Ambassador
    Exactly what I was thinking Dynamoo. I see more and more sites doing that. It is a lousy practice and if that is the case, I am very happy to see them cracking down on people.

I wonder if the CJ spider discovered that.

Nope, no popups.

Our site is specific for people who are already members of eBay, so we only get a few new signups a month.

Specifically we provide bidding tools and a price guide for eTopps cards (which are bought and sold on eBay) and allow people to bid on multiple auctions at one time. Probably close to half of the bids that are placed daily through our site are placed through our automated bidding service, so they come from the same IP address. However, they are all from different eBay ID's which all have excellent feedback and all pay when they win. I don't see any reason that this would be against the regulations as we are simply providing an interface to make the bidding process MUCH easier for our users.

We have been very careful not to provide any incentive for bidding through our site. Our users do it because we provide the tools that are needed to get a better handle on the eTopps market.

Check it out if you want to understand it a bit better... cardtarget.com.

I guess my real question is are they going to give me some sort of due process? a phone call? or something more specific than the email above? I just don't want to get kicked out becuase of something that I didn't know I was doing wrong... ya know?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

I believe that instead of posting questions here, I would immediatly be on the phone to customer service and explain exactly your concerns with the letter and how your site works.

It's only a phone call... spend a few coins.

My 2 cents

Allen

Show me the Big Bucks!

ABW Ambassador
    Before we rolled out our odd little setup for ebay, I mailed ebay and talked it thru with them just to make sure there would be no issues. They are pretty open to different ways of doing things, why not contact them and explain it?

Chet

It would seem that your site and eBay's site are joined at the hip. eBay knows this.

If they tell you that they don't want you sending proxy bids for users via the affiliate link, they know that you won't pull your links because your site is based on them.

They have you by the short hairs, in my opinion. You are definitely in a grey area o the program, and they have all the power.

Ralph

http://www.hockeydb.com

Does anyone have a phone number for customer service? I can't find it on the site (wouldn't have expected to).

Mike

eBay or CJ's #??

CJ's is right at the bottom of their main page (805-560-0777).

There's no contact # for the eBay affiliate program that I know of. Just email affiliates@eBay.com

Masinick,

That sounds pretty cool. I was reading today about a SAP product under development that allows businesses to automatically offload inventory using eBay as a front-end. eBay are definitely open to ideas like this

However, the customer service phone number is legendarily impossible to get hold of..however Alexa has their main contact number down as:
    quote:

EBay, Inc.
    2005 E. Hamilton Ave, Ste. 350
    San Jose, CA

US
    +1 408 376 7400
    info@ebay.com

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread