Supposedly they mailed me a check on 08/30/02. I received it on 11/7/02 for $17.14 too much. Not complaining, they still owe me an outstanding balance any way.

Supposedly they mailed me a check on 10/30/02. Still waiting to see it.

Supposedly they mailed me a check on 12/31/02. Still waiting to see that one too.

So, on their taxes they get to report they made all these payments and deduct it from their income, right?

Meanwhile, my business is operated as a corporation and because I sell products too, IRS requires me to use the accrual method. This means even though I've not received the money I have to report the income on my 2002 taxes.

When is LinkShare going to do something about these shenanigans?

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

And I thought we were the only ones not receiving our checks.
    I actually sent them an email and no one bothered to even reply or acknowledge the email.
    We are looking for another alternative and then will drop them real hard
    After over 2000 clicks and about 2 or 3 orders they are not worth it.

The longest distance between you and a problem is the distance between your knees and the floor.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Not the first time Cooking.com has been deactivated for non-payment....drop them like a hot rock.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Thanks for the support Mike

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Girlie I had Cooking.com as the sole merchant in various Mall sections for housewares, appliances, gourmet cooking tools when they first started their program. Slow payments and then ZIPPO sales reported for month's on end. They did get deactivated but reappeared just like eToys. Go with Overstock kitchenware items since their pricing is tops....current problem is OS conversion ratio has dropped like a rock in Feb.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    hmmm, it appears that cooking.com is cooking the books.

(BTW, I wish ABW had a way to post as an Anonymous Coward.)

You can always let the IRS know that you haven't received these payments from them, so that way the IRS can make sure they haven't shown your payments as disbursed on their taxes.

The IRS really loves to have a reason to look into something a little closer...I mean, you're just being a good citizen by providing the information, right?!?

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tracy:
    Meanwhile, my business is operated as a corporation and because I sell products too, IRS requires me to use the accrual method. This means even though I've not received the money I have to report the income on my 2002 taxes.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have some questions for you. We are since jan/2003 a corporation as well. However, our site is up and running since 2001 (private site). We received THIS year checks from Merchants:

- Were we made the commission in october last year, it was accepted in November and we received their check in February/2003

- Were we got a check for the remaining balance on our account for a program that was terminated almost a year ago.

- Were we got the first check after reaching the $100 minimum for that mearchant. The commission was accumulated in the last TWO years.

Also how do you deal with the returns and reversed commissions, where you do not always know, WHICH transaction was reversed.

We account everything based on the check we actually got, since it is impossible for us to use the accrual method.

Did you talked with an accountant about that?
    The way affiliate marketing works today makes it almost impossible to do it the way the IRS wants it for regular bussinesses. You could hire a legion of accountants tracking each transaction manually, but your business would lay in ruins, because there is no money to make.
    And it would still not be accurate, because you do not always get the information by the Merchants and Affiliate Networks to do it right.

There must be an exception for this.
    Or are we all working in a Tax-Grey-Zone,because we have no other choice?

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    Shop-Links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

ABW Ambassador
    Just received a cooking.com check today for Dec.

Shake your booty

Got ours for December today!

Got mine for December today.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread