View Poll Results: Do you want CJ sales notification by email?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, every sale from all merchants

8 19.05%
  • Yes, every sale from selected merchants

3 7.14%
  • Yes, daily summary only

6 14.29%
  • No, don't send me anything, I will check it myself.

25 59.52%
    I have an advertiser (in-house) which will automatically send me an email when I generate a sale. I hope CJ will have the same feature. How about you guys, do you want it?

I get hundreds of emails a day...I'd rather not get a few more. However, I think there should/could be an option for people to click on at CJ if they do or do not want emails of that type sent to them. Then that would be okay.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.
    --Henry Ford

I don't see why anyone would want that.

quote:
    Originally posted by Heyder:
    I don't see why anyone would want that.

That's why there is a poll!

thats what the transaction report is for?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    This feature would be a nice option for the product only merchants at CJ. Seeing something other than spamm in my in-box would be greatly appreciated and it is a positive tool as it shows the merchant is converting traffic. Then check the CJ reports to verify the commission tracking is working is an added bonus. Works great for my managed program at www.suspenders.com/affiliate.htm

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Seeing something other than spamm in my in-box would be greatly appreciated

Just wondering...have you (or anyone) accidentally deleted email that you had actually signed up to receive (like newsletters, or this type of email we're debating) because you didn't realize you had actually requested it? With the flood of spam we all get, what do you look for to remind you that a piece of mail from an advertiser is actually something you want to read?

Sorry, I realize that's a little off topic, but perhaps folks could respond to both questions (the original and mine) in their replies?

Thanks...
    -patrice

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Patrice it is important for affiliate enabled merchants like EastWood to clearly place their name in the e-mails title. Often when checking my e-mails (450+ per day) with mailwasher.com I end up marking some merchant promos to the blocked/bounce status. I look over thta folder from time to time and unmark those which I still want to preview.

Basically 80% of all the e-mail I get is pure-D spamm which I'm able to spot in a second. Filtering order confirmation e-mails from a merchant into it's own seperate box is a piece of cake.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

15 years and counting
    quote:
    Just wondering...have you (or anyone) accidentally deleted email that you had actually signed up to receive

Yep, way too often. I must say I dont know anymore how to manage my e-mails.
    Same answer than Mike & Charlie. I have mailwasher and more but I'm flooded and I'm afraid I'm going to give up on emails soon.
    It's a real pity. The spammers were able to ruin what was the first strong point of Internet.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Thanks for the feedback, Mike...and Charlie, too.

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268
    ::visit our private forum on abw::

quote:
    Originally posted by midnightcoder:
    thats what the transaction report is for?

If someone got only 1 or 2 sales a day. It is quite inconveniet to login and check the report every 15 minutes. If the email notification is available, once can sit back and code his website and rest assure he will be notified immediately when they got a sale.

Of course you need broadband (alwayz on connection) to check mail every minute.

I think hell would have to freeze over before cj would waste the bandwidth to do that.

quote:
    Originally posted by Heyder:
    I think hell would have to freeze over before cj would waste the bandwidth to do that.

Agreed!!!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.
    --Henry Ford

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Heavens, NO! No more emails!!

I have one merchant that does that. I immediately opened a new mail box just for them. And if every sale from everywhere resulted in an email, I'd be buried alive--either with too many email boxes to keep track of, or too many emails in one box to dig out from. So I'd rather NOT have any more merchants doing this. One good Google listing would mean huge piles of email!

Patrice--when my email addy starts to get too much spam, I just change it to a new one and kill the old box. It happens about once a year. This keeps the levels of spam fairly low even if I sign up for things and I hardly ever accidentally delete a "good" email. The only time I remember having to drag one out of the "delete" folder was when the merchant mysteriously marked it as a "Fwd:"--which is a typical trait I notice about spam mail. Only after thinking about it did I figure that no one would be sending me a "Fwd: Re Merchant.com" spam...

~Revenue is King

Looks like there are many lucky ones here who got tons of sales!

Congratulations!

quote:
    Heavens, NO! No more emails!!

I have one merchant that does that. I immediately opened a new mail box just for them. And if every sale from everywhere resulted in an email, I'd be buried alive--either with too many email boxes to keep track of, or too many emails in one box to dig out from. So I'd rather NOT have any more merchants doing this. One good Google listing would mean huge piles of email!

Boy I'd love to have that problem

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

FYI - we have evaluated this feature and have no plans to offer email notification of transactions (leads or sales).

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread