ABW Ambassador
    Why does Linkshare print whatever is in the "Website Name" field of your profile on the checks?

If you want to print a business name, fine, ask for a business name. But why would "website name" go on the checks?

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

Mine comes with the website name in the memo field - not in the payable to field. Not a problem.

Abigail

I suspect it's because of the whole subaffiliate idea. Dont quote me on this, but I believe that if you have subaffiliate sites listed, multiple checks will be mailed out, and having a website name on each would make disbursing payments easier.

Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org

ABW Ambassador
    Abigail- True, its part of the mailing address which shows through the window. Correct..should be no big deal, and it really isn't, its just annoying.

Mostly because the tellers at my bank are anal and that website name doesn't match my d/b/a names and/or my name and they always look at it cross eyed for a few mins, sometimes ask other tellers, etc. They are really weird. Also, I rather just have something innocuos rather than a website name as they are nosy too, and make comments... One said she must be in the wrong business..

Oh well, just whining, really.

FFoc- I dont think thats it. I have other sites (listed as subaffiliates) and the checks come with the name that is listed in the Main "Profile" under the "Your Account" tab...

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FFoc:
    I suspect it's because of the whole subaffiliate idea. Dont quote me on this, but I believe that if you have subaffiliate sites listed, multiple checks will be mailed out, and having a website name on each would make disbursing payments easier.

Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not the case.

I got sales for Overtock from two different sites, and they came in one check, with primary site name on the account, not a different check for the subaffiliate site.

I was very unhappy when I got my first Linkshare check and saw my website name on it. This is a violation of my privacy; I don't want every postal worker who sees the letter knowing what website I run and what my home address is (not that there's anything wrong with my site; I just like to keep a low profile).

I changed the name of my site at Linkshare to my own name to stop this from happening again.

ABW Ambassador
    Putting the web site in the Payment on the check in the name field is really bad form. In my state, at least, I am required to have a DBA for any name appearing on a check. A DBA is $20 a year. Since the check has a business name, I have to have a business account to cash checks. Business accounts have higher fees than personal accounts.

I wish companies would realize what they are doing to their affiliates when they have little programming glitches like this.

[Mine comes with the website name in the memo field - not in the payable to field. Not a problem.]

Mine too...but just as well my site isn't called something like Madam Lash
    Now that would give 'em something to
    talk about LOL!

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

if your web site name is in the "Pay to the Order Of" area, you have a problem. My bank noticed the site name outside that area and I just had to remind them that it said pay to the order of -- ME

ABW Ambassador
    Obviously this is at best a gripe with other affiliates as well as me, at worst costing people money. Is there any chance of getting this changed?

The time it does come in handy is when you get two checks from the same merchant from two different LS accounts... Its nice to be able to distinguish. I'd rather some ID number be placed on the check instead, though.

MJ- LOL

----
    -J
    Up in the air in revenue share

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread