Is LuggageOnline converting for anyone here? I haven't had a SINGLE sale show up for them!!

ABW Ambassador
    Me either, never had a sale. I do great with Irv's Luggage tho.

Shake your booty

Hmmm, anyone else can share their experience with this merchant?

A year or so ago, they used to be a good source of income. Now, it's rare to get a sale from them. We're phasing two other luggage retailers into our pages -- eBags and Irv's. We may very well remove Luggage Online in the near future.

It seems to me that they're hiding a lot of sale and they just don't report back to linkshare. Yeah, they might report to linkshare "some" sales to cover their tracks.

We need more input from more people on this.

Merchant fraud or
    their site really don't convert

http://8n.nu/

not a bit. no conversions. none.

i check my stat too.

no conversion for many months,
    drop them ??

http://8n.nu/

Greetings,

Tim Jacobsen here from Luggage Online. I manage the affiliate program.

I must say I was quite surprised to see the negative quotes in the forum. We've been running our program with LinkShare for going on 3 years now and have never had any complaints about fraud or unusually low conversion rates. We have over 15,000 affiliates and of those that are active, our conversion rates are right in-line with industry averages. In addition, we have been listed as a Premier Partner with LinkShare since they implemented the program.

I can assure you that each and every properly referred sale is being reported to LinkShare without any altering whatsoever. In fact, we have an automated scheduler that reports the sales on a daily basis.

Not reporting sales to LinkShare would do us no good at all. We are looking for long-term, profitable affiliate partnerships. By altering sales reports we would simply ruin our relationships with our affiliates, and force them to either drop our program or send their visitors to one of our competitors. This would obviously hurt our business. It just wouldnt make any sense.

I would really appreciate the opportunity to look further into your issues on an individual basis. Please email me (or post here) with your site name or affiliate id and I will do some research on your traffic levels and conversion rates.

I can tell you in advance that Luggage Online does not convert very well for certain types of sites. Because of the product we carry (high-end luggage and briefs) and the average order price ($265), we do not appeal to the masses. We have quite a few sweepstakes, lottery, freebies, and bargain sites that do not do well. This is because our target consumer is usually not found on these sites. Its just a matter of different demographics.

Again, please let me know if you would like me to research your individual sites and I will be more than happy to do so.

Sincerely,

Tim Jacobsen

Tim Jacobsen
    Ecommerce Manager
    Luggage Online
    http://www.luggageonline.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I've been trying for over a year to revive ebags but they are deader than dead due to partnerships with all parasites. I run a Cybermall catering to savvy shoppers and some high end luggage and briefcases might fit in. I imagine the travel relates sites would also be able to furnish leads.

What is your minimum, cookie days and payout periods?

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hi Charlie,

Minimum payout is @ $25 and we pay monthly - On Time (always!).

Our default program is 20 return days and pays 8% commission on all sales. However, we have an program which anyone can switch to that offers 45 return days and 8-10% commission based on monthly sales. 8% on sales up to $2700, 10% over.

This is a test program which will most likely become our default very soon.

Hope that helps!

Tim

Tim Jacobsen
    Ecommerce Manager
    Luggage Online
    http://www.luggageonline.com

Hey Tim, Welcome to ABW, great to have an active luggage merchant!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> LUGGAGEONLINE SPECIAL OFFERS
    Coupons: Enter special code 'BUYTEN' at checkout to receive $10 Off orders over $135, plus FREE Shipping! (Excludes Tumi and Briggs & Riley)

Coupons: Enter special code 'BUY253' at checkout to receive $25 Off orders over $325, plus FREE Shipping! (Excludes Tumi and Briggs & Riley)

Coupons: Enter special code 'BUY445' at checkout ti receive $40 Off orders over $450, plus FREE Shipping! (Excludes Tumi and Briggs & Riley)

Free Shipping: Receive Free Shipping on orders of $150 or more.

Coupons: Take an EXTRA 15% Off select Samsonite. Enter special code 'SA15SA' at checkout.

Coupons: Enter special code 'BUY555' at checkout to receive $5 Off orders over $50. (Excludes Tumi and Briggs & Riley)

Coupons: Enter special code 'BUY562' at checkout to receive $50 Off orders over $625, plus FREE Shipping! (Excludes Tumi and Briggs & Riley)

Coupons: Enter special code 'BUY758' at checkout to receive $75 Off orders over $825, plus FREE Shipping! (Excludes Tumi and Briggs & Riley)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tim Jacobsen:
    Greetings,

Tim Jacobsen here from Luggage Online. I manage the affiliate program.

We've been running our program with LinkShare for going on 3 years now and have never had any complaints about unusually low conversion rates. Sincerely,

Tim Jacobsen

Tim Jacobsen
    Ecommerce Manager
    Luggage Online
    http://www.luggageonline.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fact I did email you twice in the past about it and got no response.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread